UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce M. Conkey

Try changing your color setup of your astro. There are several different color patterns. You also have a day and night mode. Play around with them and see what is best for you.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-23-2015 07:30 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pete T
UKC Forum Member

BRUCE HAD BIRDSEYE LOADED ON MY ALPHA WAS WORKING GREAT THEN IT DISSAPPEARED I CHECKED THE CHIP AND STILL NOTHING ANY IDEAS

Old Post 12-23-2015 09:51 PM
Pete T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete T Click here to Send Pete T a Private Message Click Here to Email Pete T Find more posts by Pete T Add Pete T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Select map then menu then restore defaults and see if it comes back

Old Post 12-24-2015 01:56 AM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

last 2 times i ben out ive had to recalabrate my 320 handheld the dog is out in frt of you it shows the dog behind you is there a reson it is getting outa whack

Old Post 12-24-2015 02:34 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

I think in the instruction book somewhere it mentions temperatures change have an effect on the compass. I know during the winter that are more questions on this subject. Just not sure if it is the weather or just more people using them during the winter.

Old Post 12-24-2015 12:15 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

thanks bruce hasssn't been much of a temp change been really warm talkin to a young boy this moronin he said if im carrying my lead with the chain part across my chest that wil intefere with it but the other nite i had the nylon part in frt still did it

Old Post 12-24-2015 03:24 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Also if you use a folding antenna and fold it down over the side that at times has an effect on them. Especially the long black on.

Old Post 12-24-2015 03:42 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
Also if you use a folding antenna and fold it down over the side that at times has an effect on them. Especially the long black on.
i use the short attena i also have a longer 1 pice antenna but have never try it im just know gettin where im able to earase the old tracks have only use it about 5 times so far these new gadets are hard for this ole man ta get use to lol

Old Post 12-24-2015 04:15 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Watch your dog from the map page and I think you will be a lot happier. Merry Christmas!

Old Post 12-24-2015 04:45 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Watch your dog from the map page and I think you will be a lot happier. Merry Christmas!
thanks bruce merry christmas to you and your family also

Old Post 12-24-2015 04:47 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

My 320 updates every 5 sec, I thought it was every 3 sec before, can't find how to change it, is there a way? Thanks

Old Post 01-07-2016 06:05 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spookyhollowduk
UKC Forum Member

When I mark my truck on my Astros 320 it won't mark it on the map. It use to have a little truck picture there now nothing. Is there anyway I can fix that which is no big deal but last night I was in a new woods and got turned around and walked the wrong direction just cause I couldn't mark the truck

Last edited by spookyhollowduk on 01-08-2016 at 12:35 PM

Old Post 01-08-2016 02:22 AM
spookyhollowduk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spookyhollowduk Click here to Send spookyhollowduk a Private Message Click Here to Email spookyhollowduk Find more posts by spookyhollowduk Add spookyhollowduk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Older collars were all 5 seconds. Newer ones go down to 2.5 seconds

Old Post 01-08-2016 12:26 PM
Pete T
UKC Forum Member

BRUCE I HAVE A SOLID LINE THAT GOES ACROSS MY ALPHA HOW DO I GET RID OF IT KINDA LIKE A LINE OF SIGHT LINE

Old Post 01-08-2016 03:40 PM
Pete T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete T Click here to Send Pete T a Private Message Click Here to Email Pete T Find more posts by Pete T Add Pete T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Gi into waypoints and see if perhaps you have them all used up. Also try start new hunt then say mark truck yes. See what that does it

Old Post 01-08-2016 03:48 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Older collars were all 5 seconds. Newer ones go down to 2.5 seconds

Thanks Bruce, I'm running 50s

Old Post 01-08-2016 03:52 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LOUIEH5
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pete T
BRUCE I HAVE A SOLID LINE THAT GOES ACROSS MY ALPHA HOW DO I GET RID OF IT KINDA LIKE A LINE OF SIGHT LINE
GO to waypoint manager & delete GO-TO

Old Post 01-08-2016 06:01 PM
LOUIEH5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LOUIEH5 Click here to Send LOUIEH5 a Private Message Find more posts by LOUIEH5 Add LOUIEH5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spookyhollowduk
UKC Forum Member

Still doesn't want to mark my truck. I better get better at reading the stars.

Old Post 01-08-2016 08:41 PM
spookyhollowduk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spookyhollowduk Click here to Send spookyhollowduk a Private Message Click Here to Email spookyhollowduk Find more posts by spookyhollowduk Add spookyhollowduk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trevor Lattimer
UKC Forum Member

astro 220

I think yall are going to tell me to buy another collar.... but, we bought two referbished dc30 collars, we updated both them and my astro, but one one collar picks up and the other loses connection after about 15 yards. any suggestions?

Old Post 01-08-2016 10:36 PM
Trevor Lattimer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trevor Lattimer Click here to Send Trevor Lattimer a Private Message Find more posts by Trevor Lattimer Add Trevor Lattimer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hopm
UKC Forum Member

collar antenna caused mine to lose signal short distance
replaced and no problem since

Old Post 01-08-2016 11:23 PM
hopm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hopm Click here to Send hopm a Private Message Find more posts by hopm Add hopm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trevor Lattimer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hopm
collar antenna caused mine to lose signal short distance
replaced and no problem since

thanks! ill see what it does..

Old Post 01-08-2016 11:58 PM
Trevor Lattimer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trevor Lattimer Click here to Send Trevor Lattimer a Private Message Find more posts by Trevor Lattimer Add Trevor Lattimer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Even if it doesn't mark your truck you should lay a track wherever you walk just like a dogs track. Just follow it back. Do a master reset and things should change for you.

Old Post 01-09-2016 12:18 PM
spookyhollowduk
UKC Forum Member

Master reset?

Old Post 01-09-2016 12:36 PM
moonedzx9
UKC Forum Member

I went to a hunt last night and marked the truck how do I see the distance I walked? I can see the distance my dog traveled.

Old Post 01-23-2016 07:24 PM
moonedzx9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moonedzx9 Click here to Send moonedzx9 a Private Message Find more posts by moonedzx9 Add moonedzx9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

You can see the distance your dog traveled from the dog information page.
S far as truck distance it is easier to see that distance when you are there
How to do it later depends on if you have an alpha or Astro and what points are still on your Astro

Old Post 01-23-2016 10:06 PM