UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > DNA Samples
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

DNA Samples

How many samples do you guys usually have to send in to UKC before they finally get a sample that's good? I'm getting ready to send in my 4th sample to get 'PR' Jordan Run Highball DNA profiled. The first sample got there but was lost, the 2nd and 3rd samples were inconclusive. This has been on going since last April. Am I the only one that's having trouble?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-08-2013 11:15 AM
J.R. Walkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R. Walkers Click here to Send J.R. Walkers a Private Message Find more posts by J.R. Walkers Add J.R. Walkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LUKE SOLMES
UKC Forum Member

I did a dual sire cross about 3 or 4 years ago. Had to dna all 3 parents and 7 8 week old pups. I had herd lots of horror stories ahead of time about inconclusive tests. I made sure to keep the swab from touching anything, did a good firm swab along gums and inside of cheek and sealed it up in the envolope right away to prevent contamination. Washed my hands and repated the process for all. Not sure if its the way I did it or I just got lucky, but got good tests and dna results for all ten dogs on the first try.

Old Post 10-08-2013 08:34 PM
LUKE SOLMES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LUKE SOLMES Click here to Send LUKE SOLMES a Private Message Click Here to Email LUKE SOLMES Find more posts by LUKE SOLMES Add LUKE SOLMES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R. Walkers
UKC Forum Member

I've tried to do the same thing, even went so far as putting on rubber gloves before handling the swab.

Old Post 10-09-2013 11:03 AM
J.R. Walkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R. Walkers Click here to Send J.R. Walkers a Private Message Find more posts by J.R. Walkers Add J.R. Walkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote