UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Highest price ever paid for coon hound?
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chris Dillard
UKC Forum Member

There's an old saying,"Thats where two fools met".

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2011 06:00 PM
Chris Dillard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Dillard Click here to Send Chris Dillard a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Dillard Find more posts by Chris Dillard Add Chris Dillard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bd2440
UKC Forum Member

i know its not the highest amount ever paid but i know johnny mcclanahan sold lippers stylish rank for $20,000.00

BRANDON DEMENT
CALL ANYTIME 903-262-6630

Old Post 10-16-2011 06:12 PM
bd2440 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bd2440 Click here to Send bd2440 a Private Message Find more posts by bd2440 Add bd2440 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StrawberryMt
UKC Forum Member

I've always heard Jess Dickerson turned down $90,000 for Nailor.

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Old Post 10-16-2011 06:27 PM
StrawberryMt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StrawberryMt Click here to Send StrawberryMt a Private Message Click Here to Email StrawberryMt Find more posts by StrawberryMt Add StrawberryMt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe S.
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by StrawberryMt
I've always heard Jess Dickerson turned down $90,000 for Nailor.
i bet he's regretting that!

Old Post 10-16-2011 07:58 PM
Joe S. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe S. Click here to Send Joe S. a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe S. Visit Joe S.'s homepage! Find more posts by Joe S. Add Joe S. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Joe S.
i bet he's regretting that!
No, some months Nailor bred over 30 females a month at 400 dollars a lick, a slow month would have been 15 females. Sometimes 2 a day, for a few years.

Old Post 10-16-2011 08:07 PM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LARRY WEAVER
UKC Forum Member

A couple years ago a well known BIGSHOT stud dog owner was telling people at Autumn Oaks he was gonna buy Mr Smith for $40,000. Problem was he was telling other people before he even spoke with the guy that owned him at the time. He went home without him !!!

Old Post 10-18-2011 03:39 AM
LARRY WEAVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LARRY WEAVER Click here to Send LARRY WEAVER a Private Message Click Here to Email LARRY WEAVER Find more posts by LARRY WEAVER Add LARRY WEAVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

My question is how much did/do they have them insured for? Surely they have that end covered. Insane Jane just welped a litter that will probably cost more then the average man will bring home this year. Recon he had that base covered?

While I'm on that sub ~ what will he get/ ask for a pup off that litter?

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 10-18-2011 07:24 AM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat Thomas
Banned

Y'all would be surpised at the amount of dogs that sell in the $10,000 - $30,000 range. Its more than you would expect

Old Post 10-18-2011 09:46 AM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

i heard of a pkc dog being sold a couple years ago for 40,000 for half interest... do not know if it was true

Old Post 10-18-2011 10:33 AM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat Thomas
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by patches9452
i heard of a pkc dog being sold a couple years ago for 40,000 for half interest... do not know if it was true

It is true. It was mojo. But he's not just "a pkc dog". He did win a lot in pkc but he also won the triple crown race a couple of times in UKC

Old Post 10-18-2011 11:18 AM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MR. CLEAN ON HERE BUT HE SEEMS TO BE THE TALK ON ALL THE OTHER POST........

Old Post 10-18-2011 12:43 PM
smokin-1-mo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smokin-1-mo Click here to Send smokin-1-mo a Private Message Click Here to Email smokin-1-mo Find more posts by smokin-1-mo Add smokin-1-mo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyallan85
UKC Forum Member

I heard frank turn down 80000 for slugger in was in our local paper

Old Post 10-18-2011 12:48 PM
kyallan85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyallan85 Click here to Send kyallan85 a Private Message Click Here to Email kyallan85 Find more posts by kyallan85 Add kyallan85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LARRY WEAVER
A couple years ago a well known BIGSHOT stud dog owner was telling people at Autumn Oaks he was gonna buy Mr Smith for $40,000. Problem was he was telling other people before he even spoke with the guy that owned him at the time. He went home without him !!!
Brother Larry. Send me some snow!

Old Post 10-18-2011 03:20 PM
thedirtyrat1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedirtyrat1 Click here to Send thedirtyrat1 a Private Message Click Here to Email thedirtyrat1 Find more posts by thedirtyrat1 Add thedirtyrat1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Englishman
Y'all would be surpised at the amount of dogs that sell in the $10,000 - $30,000 range. Its more than you would expect

I know a female that has sold for +$10.000 3 times.

Old Post 10-18-2011 04:47 PM
Tyler Vaden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler Vaden Click here to Send Tyler Vaden a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyler Vaden Find more posts by Tyler Vaden Add Tyler Vaden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Vaden
Dang. What did she look like? We are talking two legged females right? LOL.

Old Post 10-18-2011 04:57 PM
thedirtyrat1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedirtyrat1 Click here to Send thedirtyrat1 a Private Message Click Here to Email thedirtyrat1 Find more posts by thedirtyrat1 Add thedirtyrat1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

looked like million bucks Harry X Rat blood that is yours kind with 4 legs

Old Post 10-18-2011 05:08 PM
Tyler Vaden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler Vaden Click here to Send Tyler Vaden a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyler Vaden Find more posts by Tyler Vaden Add Tyler Vaden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

lipper X jane pups will more than likely be placed in the hands of proven handlers and trainers. i don't see these dogs being sold until they are older. don't think they raised them to sell, but rather to prove a point. best to the best= better than the best.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 10-18-2011 07:30 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyler Vaden

ChGrNtCh pkc siver Ch Harrys Slylish Candy.......

Harry an Rock river Lady...

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-18-2011 07:41 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

this is a very interesting post! I like reading it for sure

Old Post 10-18-2011 07:48 PM
RED REBELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RED REBELS Click here to Send RED REBELS a Private Message Find more posts by RED REBELS Add RED REBELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

iam glad that theres some that money cant buy jmo

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 10-18-2011 07:56 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

The most I have ever paid personally was $1,200.00. I held the cash out for the gentlemen and he reached out and tried to take it. He stepped back and gave me a funny look.

I told him I know it may not be a lot to most folks, but this is the most I have ever paid and if you want this money you will have to pull a lot harder than that!

Most of my dogs were born here.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 10-18-2011 08:50 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Stevens
UKC Forum Member

NOT SAYING THAT THERE ARENT GOOD DEALS OUT THERE BUT AS A GENERAL RULE OF THUMB UNLESS YOU KNOW SOMEONE REALLY WELL..............

GOOD AINT CHEAP AND CHEAP AINT GOOD!

Home#423-234-5113
Cell#423-329-5135

Old Post 10-18-2011 09:19 PM
Bobby Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Stevens Click here to Send Bobby Stevens a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Stevens Find more posts by Bobby Stevens Add Bobby Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

My philosophy is if you want a good hound find one thats not for sale and buy it!

Old Post 10-18-2011 09:50 PM
Jon Millwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Millwood Click here to Send Jon Millwood a Private Message Find more posts by Jon Millwood Add Jon Millwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andy_ohp_fire
UKC Forum Member

Always heard of a man who hunted with my grandad who always said '' if you get beat in a hunt don't get mad, just shake the man's hand and buy his dog from him" i always thought that was a good one

Old Post 10-19-2011 11:33 PM
andy_ohp_fire is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andy_ohp_fire Click here to Send andy_ohp_fire a Private Message Click Here to Email andy_ohp_fire Find more posts by andy_ohp_fire Add andy_ohp_fire to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hunting24/7
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Millwood
My philosophy is if you want a good hound find one thats not for sale and buy it!

very true

Wild Style Walkers
Home of:
'PR' Hands Wild Style Tuff

Old Post 10-20-2011 12:06 AM
Hunting24/7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hunting24/7 Click here to Send Hunting24/7 a Private Message Find more posts by Hunting24/7 Add Hunting24/7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote