UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > For all you tough guys!
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

The main reason so many deaths are determined as COVID deaths is because it reimburses the hospitals better. I realize there’s a real virus and from what I have seen it affects everyone different.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-22-2020 05:56 PM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben

For every 100 people that is known to get infected 1.33 on average will die and they will die alone...

My biggest fear is the probability of the exponential growth...the holiday season is upon us and let’s see what happens...GOD help us...

While the numbers you posted in the first part are out there, they are not likely to correct when this is all said and done. Where will it end up being? I don't know but it will be significantly lower than that in reality. Two things contribute to this being incorrect. There is a very high asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic rate and that is very hard to quantify so many more people have had it than is in the denominator. I was not counted even though I was hospitalized for 3 days with Covid pneumonia. My family was not counted (total of 4 of us all had it my daughter had the sniffles for two days, my son had a headache for 5 days and I just had sinus issues and body aches for a week but at the end of the second week I got pneumonia and had to be put in the hospital and get oxygen)

The numerator is exaggerated as well because we changed how we classify death. In the past we only counted people that die OF a disease but now we classify everyone that died WITH Covid as a covid associated death. Their reasoning is they don't want to miss anyone so they would rather over than under count. Most likely it will end up being somewhere between the regular flu and the H1N1. The saving grace of this thing is it leaves kids alone unlike the regular flu. The worst part for me treating these patients is just like you said above sometimes it just grabs a seemingly healthy 50 year old and they do very poorly and we don't understand why that happens.

You are very correct with the observation that this thing has the potential to over run the hospitals and if it does that is when the death rate will go up like it did in Italy, they just quit treating older patients because they didn't have the beds. That COULD happen here. I like you pray it doesn't.

Last edited by Rip on 11-22-2020 at 06:41 PM

Old Post 11-22-2020 06:14 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

As some of you know my 54 year old wife contracted covid in June. Spent days in ICU quarantined. Now she is currently disabled by her lung function without a good prognosis. I will always remember these words my president told me. "I have it under control with 15 cases that will soon be zero," so goes my liar in chief. I don't live in fear of the virus just the results of the virus.

Old Post 11-22-2020 07:27 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

I'm truly sorry Sir I hope you and your wife regain some type of normal in both your lives, stay safe.....Cotton

Old Post 11-22-2020 07:47 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

I heard a Doctor on the radio the other day say the virus has mutated and become more contagious but less lethal. A question for the Doctors is this true?

Old Post 11-22-2020 08:03 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tug18
UKC Forum Member

Hows everyone's hunting going?

Old Post 11-22-2020 08:16 PM
Tug18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tug18 Click here to Send Tug18 a Private Message Find more posts by Tug18 Add Tug18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

I know the covid is real but how long has it been since anyone

has been diagnosed with the flu ? seems like everyone has the covid and no flu anywhere ?

Old Post 11-22-2020 08:28 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by N Williams
I heard a Doctor on the radio the other day say the virus has mutated and become more contagious but less lethal. A question for the Doctors is this true?

It does appear to be true, but that may just be an appearance as now it is hitting the younger population which can better handle the disease so it could just be that as opposed to it mutating.

Old Post 11-23-2020 01:28 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:

It does appear to be true, but that may just be an appearance as now it is hitting the younger population which can better handle the disease so it could just be that as opposed to it mutating.

Old Post 11-23-2020 01:28 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

How Far Are You Willing To Let Them Push ....

TYRANNY/SAFETY vs FREEDOM/LIFE HAS RISKS

A MUST READ....
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...manitarian.html

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-23-2020 04:06 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JDR
UKC Forum Member

Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

The main reason so many deaths are determined as COVID deaths is because it reimburses the hospitals better. I realize there’s a real virus and from what I have seen it affects everyone different.

Exactly, it's not only deaths that are inflated, but cases are also for the same reason. I'm aware of two cases in which my family members were hospitalized for unrelated issues and both were diagnosed with Covid. One was 84 and the other was in their mid sixties with no symptoms before or after a positive test from the hospital. Right!!

After reading some of these posts, I am amazed at how easily Americans are willing to give up their freedoms without question. Our forefathers was willing to give their lives, honor and riches to fight for our freedom. We are willing to give it up after a campaign of lies. What will be the next big lie they use to take the rest of our freedoms. They have to be confident at this point we won't put up a fight.

Old Post 11-23-2020 04:11 AM
JDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JDR Click here to Send JDR a Private Message Find more posts by JDR Add JDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

JDR you need to read the link from the CDC I posted above it is an eye opener of how far they openly admit/suggest to go with their tyrannical approach.
Another one right now that many are openly discussing here and abroad is the GREAT RESET look it up! Another just fabulous way they plan to utilize this virus to implement an agenda very few agree with after reading into.
How will sustainability development affect you and yours? What does it really mean for all of us?
Agenda 2030

Event 201
Brought to you by.....
World Economic Forum Klaus Shwuab (look up Davos) (4th Industrial Revolution) (The Great Reset)
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
John Hopkins
https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/
https://mobile.twitter.com/lyne_ian...754279213555717

The elite are at work here who are we or our president to get in their way! These people are sick and salivating at the chance they been given of dreams they've been dreaming for decades.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-23-2020 06:00 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

Re: Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Cotton 1927
The current POTUS said hardly anybody gets it........just before he was hospitalized for covid...........hmmmmmmm

BIDEN WILL CURE IT

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 11-23-2020 02:46 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I am not a Dr but the worldwide rate of serious/critical cases has dropped to 0.6% while the number of positive tests have skyrocketed. The infectious disease people are looking for a reason to explain this.

Old Post 11-23-2020 04:13 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Megamind
Banned

I got the virus few months ago , I did not feel well but was really never very sick. I've had the flu much worse.

Old Post 11-23-2020 04:23 PM
Megamind is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Megamind Click here to Send Megamind a Private Message Click Here to Email Megamind Find more posts by Megamind Add Megamind to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JDR
UKC Forum Member

Cheyenne and Jennifer

Read the CDC propoganda. It really is not that shocking to me based on the list of educated idiots that contributed.

The first thing that popped into my mind was the way Nazi Germany treated the mentally and physically infirmed. If you told me this was a 1930's document produced by the Nazi's, I would have bought it.

I think we'll see a lot more of that thinking over the next 4 years.

Old Post 11-24-2020 02:35 AM
JDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JDR Click here to Send JDR a Private Message Find more posts by JDR Add JDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tug18
UKC Forum Member

Shouldn't this be moved to off topic? Has nothing to do with dogs or hunting.

Old Post 11-24-2020 02:44 AM
Tug18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tug18 Click here to Send Tug18 a Private Message Find more posts by Tug18 Add Tug18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Carona Virus has everything to do with coon hunting these days. Whenever 2 coonhunters get together now, the first topic that comes up is Carona.

Old Post 11-24-2020 03:30 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tug18
UKC Forum Member

Yea right ha

Old Post 11-24-2020 03:43 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tug18
Shouldn't this be moved to off topic? Has nothing to do with dogs or hunting.

The measures that various states are implementing are affecting many individuals and clubs ability to hold hunts they have also vastly affected this very kennel clubs ability to do business. Yes, alot of people are catching this virus a few get ill from it and a small percentage of the overall number have died but at some point we all have decide how far we are going to let these restrictions impose upon our personal freedoms. I suggest you read the link I provided from the CDC website and then read up on the Great Reset which is being planned. The link from the CDC makes suggestions on how to keep vulnerable within a population (elderly and those with preexisting conditions) "safe" by creating "safe zones" for them essentially the rounding up of individuals to isolate them, quite Orwellian to say the least. Covid is giving the perfect opportunity for the Great Reset of a new kind of economic reality based off of sustainability. I don't know many of you but I'm betting none of you live a completely sustainable life based upon their utopian draconian measures. These are not crazy conspiracy based theories they can all be found from their very own words and quotes from their own websites.
Event 201(funded by Open Philanthropic Project founded by one of Facebook's founders Dustin Moskovitz, do you believe in coincidences lol) was a computer generated pandemic exercise held in NY hosted by John Hopkins in coalition with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the World Economic Forum. This exercise occured in October of last year and ironically the coronavirus was the chosen ailment. Agenda 2030 once was Agenda 2020 a UN concept for nations to achieve to. It goes against our freedoms and capitalist economy in more ways than I could ever list here. The Great Reset so many in elite circles along with many politicians and leaders are now openly discussing was once mainly discussed in Davos (same founder as World Economic Forum) circles that we commoners are not invited.
This virus is a virus in more ways than one. Cells within your body may be attacked but the other virus is the spread of tyranny around the world as a power grab against you the individual.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-24-2020 05:00 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
The measures that various states are implementing are affecting many individuals and clubs ability to hold hunts they have also vastly affected this very kennel clubs ability to do business. Yes, alot of people are catching this virus a few get ill from it and a small percentage of the overall number have died but at some point we all have decide how far we are going to let these restrictions impose upon our personal freedoms. I suggest you read the link I provided from the CDC website and then read up on the Great Reset which is being planned. The link from the CDC makes suggestions on how to keep vulnerable within a population (elderly and those with preexisting conditions) "safe" by creating "safe zones" for them essentially the rounding up of individuals to isolate them, quite Orwellian to say the least. Covid is giving the perfect opportunity for the Great Reset of a new kind of economic reality based off of sustainability. I don't know many of you but I'm betting none of you live a completely sustainable life based upon their utopian draconian measures. These are not crazy conspiracy based theories they can all be found from their very own words and quotes from their own websites.
Event 201(funded by Open Philanthropic Project founded by one of Facebook's founders Dustin Moskovitz, do you believe in coincidences lol) was a computer generated pandemic exercise held in NY hosted by John Hopkins in coalition with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the World Economic Forum. This exercise occured in October of last year and ironically the coronavirus was the chosen ailment. Agenda 2030 once was Agenda 2020 a UN concept for nations to achieve to. It goes against our freedoms and capitalist economy in more ways than I could ever list here. The Great Reset so many in elite circles along with many politicians and leaders are now openly discussing was once mainly discussed in Davos (same founder as World Economic Forum) circles that we commoners are not invited.
This virus is a virus in more ways than one. Cells within your body may be attacked but the other virus is the spread of tyranny around the world as a power grab against you the individual.

Dr. Marcola posted a video on this...the video included Fauci, Bill and Melinda Gates, News media and other organizations...I posted that video here and was deleted...as soon as this video gets posted most anywhere it will be taken down...if I have the opportunity to see it again I will make a copy to my jump drive...

Old Post 11-24-2020 12:02 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tug18
UKC Forum Member

I know your a pro on almost every subject that pops up on here, but I didnt read your speech. I said what I think, you dont have to like it or agree with it, but it's a fact. It belongs in off topic! And fyi, i wont read what you reply back with because i always skip over your comments on here.

Old Post 11-24-2020 01:47 PM
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tug18
Hows everyone's hunting going?
Tug, I've been trying to hunt my year old cur dog this fall he's just started treeing and treed his first coon and caught a possum on the ground same nite, his first tree wasn't pretty but he barked enough for me to get to him guess we will see how it goes the rest of the Winter.....stay safe!

Old Post 11-24-2020 02:13 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tug18
UKC Forum Member

He will make it. Stay safe n good luck hunting.

Old Post 11-24-2020 02:39 PM
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

I tested positive mid-October. Never had any symptoms, thought it was a false positive. Nope. Antibodies say otherwise. It was a joke for me. Sorry for the others who actually were sick but I would never would have known I had it if it wasn't for the test.

Old Post 11-24-2020 02:47 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote