UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Performance Programs needed improvements:
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

Performance Programs needed improvements:

These changes should more than double current point values enticing hunters, helping club attendance, and increasing quality breeders revenue.

1. Permanent Performance fees:
$40 up to 6mo.
$100 up to 12mo.
$200 up to 18mo.

2. Sire fees:
Increase $50
$150
$250
$350

3. Litter Registration fees
Increase $10

4. Issue no checks under $50
Place all checks under $50 back into the fund for upcoming year.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-16-2017 12:20 PM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Sire and dam owners need to get more of a percentage often times the winning pups come from sombody that owns both for instance a winning dog gets paid $600 the stud owner gets $60 little one sided.

Old Post 01-16-2017 12:36 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Sire and dam owners need to get more of a percentage often times the winning pups come from sombody that owns both for instance a winning dog gets paid $600 the stud owner gets $60 little one sided.
Sire got a stud fee, dam owner sold a litter so they received compensation for their trouble. If point value increases so will their checks. They've let this program grow stagnant, instead of updating and improving it.

Old Post 01-16-2017 01:12 PM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Hw not what I ment a big percentage of pups come from breeders that own sire and dam time you pay performance on stud , dna , papers fees , wormers , shots , feed bill , advertisement ect ect you can't sell those pups for enough to get your money back been there done that !!

Old Post 01-16-2017 01:18 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

i pay some up in theses programs but really i hate them all. it's all about the money.

Old Post 01-16-2017 01:28 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

I agree, but you have to provide an incentive to keep people coming, and money is a strong motivator. I hunted for slips, trophies and titles for years, but the younger generation will not.

Old Post 01-16-2017 02:06 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Drive 13 hrs one way for several years get sent home with your tail between your legs those trophys close to home start to look pretty good lol !!

Old Post 01-16-2017 02:12 PM
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

The interest earned over the course of a year needs to be added back into the P.P. payout , screw the fee increases .
UKC pockets 10% plus the interest earned......Dahhhhh
And u propose more fee increases......Haaaaa.

Old Post 01-16-2017 02:53 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishpride
UKC Forum Member

im with dogwhisper,its already hard enough to get the money back that you spend just making your dog a performance sire.defintely do not want any increase of anything what so ever.i mean even the bloodlines had a slight increase a few years ago and the magazine isnt nowhere as thick as it was 10 years ago.Thats the thing about increases once it goes up you know it isnt ever coming back down.the same as taxes.

Nite ch Englishprides Carolina Jasmine
Bobby Williams-803-669-7443

Old Post 01-16-2017 03:04 PM
englishpride is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishpride Click here to Send englishpride a Private Message Click Here to Email englishpride Find more posts by englishpride Add englishpride to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

I couldn't disagree more. This program is a decade old and in serious need of changes. With these slight increases if you own a male and grand him out your Performance check will more than double and you could easily pay $50 extra dollars for Sires fee if that's your chosen path. I look at things thru a Hunter & club members stand point.

Old Post 01-16-2017 03:24 PM
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

I'm a hunter, club president, stud owner, breeder, and don't think raising the fees are the way to go. Stud owner has enough people wanting to breed for pups, talking about their long drive. Breeders have people not wanting to pay that price for a puppy because ole Joe down the road has some for $150.

Clubs struggle to get hunters because there are too many clubs. 20 years ago I had to drive 1:15/1:30 most nights to hunt. There were 2 clubs 45 minutes from my house. Now there are about 6 under an hour. Plus there are 3 other Kennel Clubs having hunts.

The kennel clubs want more hunts with the same amount of entries. Clubs need less hunts with more enries on each night. If three clubs have a hunt on the same night you 30 hunters are spread out. If only one club has a hunt then those 30 hunters are at one hunt. Also, you'll only have one first instead of three given out that night. Point value goes up.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 01-16-2017 03:55 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

I have a bachelor's in Business administration and majored in Finance so I look at most things through a Financial stand point. Take a look at attendance & point payout in 2006 vs. 2016. Now imagine the same drop in attendance & point payout in 2026. Mr. Tavares have you noticed any change in your club in the last 10 years? Does anyone know why KCs offering $ incentives seams to be growing?

Old Post 01-16-2017 04:28 PM
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

In 1995 I purchased a Chevy ex- cab 4x4 for just over $18,000 put $.97 gas in it and drove to Kentucky and bought a well bred pup for $250. I purchased a 2016 Chevy recently for $37,000 and can put $2.21 gas in it and go to Kentucky and still buy a well bred pup for $250. There's a financial reason lights, dog boxes, boots, tracking systems, and feed are 50%+/- higher and stud fees, pups, and finished dogs are about the same.

Old Post 01-16-2017 04:52 PM
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

Well somebody explain to me why your dog isn't worth a plug nickle unless you pay for him to be performanced and SS? I got a male bred as good as can be. People want the bloodlines but turn and run when I tell them he is not paid up. Yes, he is UKC PKC and CHKC registered but not paid up. They all came running when they saw the add for pups off him and wanted to breed but then tucked tail and ran when I told them that he was not paid up. Explain this to me please, I beg you. It's bullcrap if you ask me. Looks to me like people have got caught up in having them papers. Looks like if they spent as much time hunting and pushing these young dogs into making them papers worth something instead of just having them to brag about then it would be more worth the trouble. Am I right or just bitter? Enlighten me, Please!

Ch GrNiteCh. Ch. Ramey's Oakwood Woody
PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
NITECH CH PR Hardin-Williams Spider
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 01-16-2017 05:11 PM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by H.W. Moore
In 1995 I purchased a Chevy ex- cab 4x4 for just over $18,000 put $.97 gas in it and drove to Kentucky and bought a well bred pup for $250. I purchased a 2016 Chevy recently for $37,000 and can put $2.21 gas in it and go to Kentucky and still buy a well bred pup for $250. There's a financial reason lights, dog boxes, boots, tracking systems, and feed are 50%+/- higher and stud fees, pups, and finished dogs are about the same.

Has your annual salary doubled?

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 01-16-2017 05:41 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

Apologies

I apologize for going a little rant. Sometimes things just rub me wrong. I do think the programs are good. It's just that some things don't make good sense. Again, I apologize for ranting. Please continue.

Ch GrNiteCh. Ch. Ramey's Oakwood Woody
PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
NITECH CH PR Hardin-Williams Spider
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 01-16-2017 06:12 PM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

It cost the same too hunt a pup hats paid up versus one that's not. Pups that are paid up will generally command a better price with all things being equal. If you don't like the different programs you don't have to participate, but don't complain when what you have too sell doesn't sell because it's not paid up.

Old Post 01-16-2017 06:26 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by fatherof4
Well somebody explain to me why your dog isn't worth a plug nickle unless you pay for him to be performanced and SS? I got a male bred as good as can be. People want the bloodlines but turn and run when I tell them he is not paid up. Yes, he is UKC PKC and CHKC registered but not paid up. They all came running when they saw the add for pups off him and wanted to breed but then tucked tail and ran when I told them that he was not paid up. Explain this to me please, I beg you. It's bullcrap if you ask me. Looks to me like people have got caught up in having them papers. Looks like if they spent as much time hunting and pushing these young dogs into making them papers worth something instead of just having them to brag about then it would be more worth the trouble. Am I right or just bitter? Enlighten me, Please!
Pups paid up in the programs are worth more, easier to sell, and are more desirable.. The WHY goes back to $ & opportunities. Imagine having the greatest pup around going to 8 hunts making him grandnight & instead of getting $1000 Performance check you get a certificate. Instead of going to the Super Stakes winning thousands you're pleasure hunting..

Old Post 01-16-2017 06:44 PM
Randy Woodard
UKC Forum Member

Ukc could do alot better on paying back to the hunters who pay up performance sires, Raise litters and own and title out females. Raising rates will only fatten there pockets more! Pkc is a money man's game. If u wanta pay 300 to hunt go there and pay it!

PR. WOODARDS ALLGRAND ANN ( SPIDER X LIZ PUP)
PR. WOODARDS HARDWOOD DOC ( SPIDER X LIZ PUP)
Nt.ch. all night Hanna
Nt.ch. Dual Fuel Frisky

Old Post 01-16-2017 09:54 PM
Randy Woodard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Woodard Click here to Send Randy Woodard a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Woodard Find more posts by Randy Woodard Add Randy Woodard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Woodard
Ukc could do alot better on paying back to the hunters who pay up performance sires, Raise litters and own and title out females. Raising rates will only fatten there pockets more! Pkc is a money man's game. If u wanta pay 300 to hunt go there and pay it!
If you pay up a performance sire and breed 2 gyps for $200 each you've tripled your investment. If you pay a stud $200, pay all registration fees and raise a litter of 6 you've quadrupled your investment. Raising rates will fatten their pockets, as they get 10%. It will also fatten yours if you win..Would you pay $10 more dollars to permanently performance a hound to turn a $100 point into a $200 point?

Last edited by H.W. Moore on 01-16-2017 at 10:24 PM

Old Post 01-16-2017 10:11 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
If you pay up a performance sire and breed 2 gyps for $200 each you've tripled your investment. If you pay a stud $200, pay all registration fees and raise a litter of 6 you've quadrupled your investment. Raising rates will fatten their pockets, as they get 10%. It will also fatten yours if you win..Would you pay $10 more dollars to permanently performance a hound to turn a $100 point into a $200 point?
counting chicks hatched! sure way to have money problems

Old Post 01-16-2017 11:31 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
it won't raise the point value! Ukc will keep the money!

Old Post 01-16-2017 11:45 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rob thompson
it won't raise the point value! Ukc will keep the money!
Why would they start keeping the money? They get 10% administration fee, 90% is paid out.

Old Post 01-17-2017 02:35 AM
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

I would have thought long overdue slight increases & minor changes to double Performance check payouts would have been welcome, I was wrong. On the flip side as payouts and attendance continue to fall its very easy to title a dog! We've lost the Melbourne, Pleasant plains, Brookland, and Algoa clubs in my area with 2 more about to fold barring a miracle, I hope someone has a plan. I hunt cause I love it, but I won't drive 100mi and pay $20 for a shot at a slip & 1/10 of a $100 performance point when I can pay $30 for a shot at $50-100..

Old Post 01-17-2017 03:06 AM
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

You are right Mr Moore the payout is not very good but what about the guys who breed their own dogs. The cost to get one performance/superstake pup is outrageous! Especially if you don't plan ahead and pay everything early. And when they switched the DNA labs it got even higher! That's was retarded! Pay DNA twice on the same dogs! And then you don't even get points for rqe's, slams, zones, it really doesn't make sence to even enroll a stud for your own use. Why would i wanna pay more when more when half of the events don't even give you points? I just don't make sense to me to volunteer more money when I know i won't get paid.

Old Post 01-17-2017 04:01 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote