UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Caught in a live trap
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
James50
UKC Forum Member

Caught in a live trap

Was just looking through some old pictures and found these two. This was the first time I have ever caught two animals in one trap. This made me wonder, what's the most unexpected thing you have found in your traps?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-22-2017 10:49 AM
James50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James50 Click here to Send James50 a Private Message Click Here to Email James50 Find more posts by James50 Add James50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Mayes 1
UKC Forum Member

Caught an old sow and two little ones once with two more hanging around the outside of the trap.... Had to open the door and let them go !!!! And by the way thanks for your service !!!!!!!!

Old Post 01-22-2017 01:23 PM
Chuck Mayes 1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Mayes 1 Click here to Send Chuck Mayes 1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Chuck Mayes 1 Find more posts by Chuck Mayes 1 Add Chuck Mayes 1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James50
UKC Forum Member

That would be pretty cool to catch as well. Thank you for your support.

Old Post 01-22-2017 02:52 PM
James50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James50 Click here to Send James50 a Private Message Click Here to Email James50 Find more posts by James50 Add James50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OzarkLiven
UKC Forum Member

I caught a walker dog that I still don't know how it managed to get in trap. Needless say there was no room to spare. Dog had good collar but no name tag. Called everyone I could think of no one claimed him. I turned it loose it took off like it knew where it was headed.

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

BAYOU CREEK BLACK AND TANS

NATHAN PHENIX
1-417-255-5697

Old Post 01-22-2017 03:25 PM
OzarkLiven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OzarkLiven Click here to Send OzarkLiven a Private Message Click Here to Email OzarkLiven Find more posts by OzarkLiven Add OzarkLiven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James50
UKC Forum Member

That reminds me, I had a trap set out behind a buddies house. He came home and couldn't find his German shepherd pup. He said he asked his neighbors and they hadn't seen it so he figured he would just come back on his own. He went inside and said a couple hours later he figured he would go check my trap for me and there he was, in the trap. I had my trail camera up too, he had only been in there about 5 hours.

Old Post 01-22-2017 03:39 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

....caught a red fox one time in the middle of town on a animal damage call.

Old Post 01-22-2017 04:20 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Buzzard, beaver, turtle, Also back in the mid 90s, A friend of mine would set traps in a local claypit where todays location for the florence civic center is.. caught an opossum and coon in the same trap together,,,the opossum was gutted, caught a fat belly cotton mouth and he was stuck about his midsection trying to squeeze out..by way he and I worked about 10 traps in the city limits of Florence S,C,and for 3 years caught over 80/90 coons from Jan -March1ST....RESTRAURANT DUMPSTER COONS

Old Post 01-22-2017 06:45 PM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skankhunt42
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by OzarkLiven
I caught a walker dog that I still don't know how it managed to get in trap. Needless say there was no room to spare. Dog had good collar but no name tag. Called everyone I could think of no one claimed him. I turned it loose it took off like it knew where it was headed.

That's one to remember.

Old Post 01-22-2017 06:45 PM
Skankhunt42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skankhunt42 Click here to Send Skankhunt42 a Private Message Find more posts by Skankhunt42 Add Skankhunt42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jamie Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Cotton Mouth

Old Post 01-23-2017 12:53 PM
Jamie Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jamie Snyder Click here to Send Jamie Snyder a Private Message Click Here to Email Jamie Snyder Find more posts by Jamie Snyder Add Jamie Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JORDAN LINGLE
UKC Forum Member

Squirrel and Small Bird.

Old Post 01-23-2017 05:14 PM
JORDAN LINGLE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JORDAN LINGLE Click here to Send JORDAN LINGLE a Private Message Click Here to Email JORDAN LINGLE Find more posts by JORDAN LINGLE Add JORDAN LINGLE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

.....I was trapping mink one time.i knew I had a light trigger set but I didn't think it was that light..this was in dec. it warmed up for a few night and the frogs came out...

Old Post 01-23-2017 11:01 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluecollar
UKC Forum Member

One of my chickens.

Old Post 01-23-2017 11:11 PM
bluecollar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluecollar Click here to Send bluecollar a Private Message Click Here to Email bluecollar Find more posts by bluecollar Add bluecollar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

Trap

They say there is no known bait for armadillos but i set a trap with a honey bun and next morning an armadillo was in the trap and honey bun was gone . Don't know if he got it or something else did before him .but either way a live diller is good for breaking dog's .

Old Post 01-24-2017 01:27 AM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondog charlie
UKC Forum Member

Stripped Kitty ( Skunks )

Wait tell you catch one of these in a cage trap! Especially if it's under your neighbors porch! Oh daddy !! Lol

Old Post 01-24-2017 12:27 PM
coondog charlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondog charlie Click here to Send coondog charlie a Private Message Find more posts by coondog charlie Add coondog charlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
qchounds
UKC Forum Member

I caught a squirrel in a live trap set for coon, I released the squirrel and then caught a rabbit! I finally caught the coon after that!

Old Post 01-24-2017 05:24 PM
qchounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for qchounds Click here to Send qchounds a Private Message Click Here to Email qchounds Find more posts by qchounds Add qchounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

2 weeks ago someone dropped off a coon in a live trap, i had to be at work the next day at 5am and didn't have time to mess with it so I just cut him loose on the back lot, he came out an turned a sharp left across the Neibor's yard an went in his garage, well I figured he would come out in a little bit so I just forgot about, well 5 days later the Neibor knocks on the door and ask if I would help him get a damm coon out of his garage LOL, I said sure so grabbed a large fishing net an scooped him up, he said that damm thing been in there for 5 days, it had tore insulation out, scratched and pooped on his truck, his wife missed a day's work cause she was to scared to get in her car, i did what any good Neibor would do, I said you may want to stop feeding that damm cat in your garage LMBO.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-30-2017 06:29 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Now that's pretty funnny Unless your the neighbor!

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 01-30-2017 08:13 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote