UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Face barking...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Short335
UKC Forum Member

Face barking...

What's y'all thoughts and ideas on breaking a young dog or even a older dog for that matter of face barking?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2017 03:24 AM
Short335 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Short335 Click here to Send Short335 a Private Message Click Here to Email Short335 Find more posts by Short335 Add Short335 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Face barking...

quote:
Originally posted by Short335
What's y'all thoughts and ideas on breaking a young dog or even a older dog for that matter of face barking?

Turn it loose with something tough that don't like face barkers

Old Post 01-19-2017 05:58 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Face barking...

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
Turn it loose with something tough that don't like face barkers
lmao should also teach them not to cover and be alone more often in the same lesson .ha ha ha

Old Post 01-20-2017 12:24 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

I had a female English one time that face barked. She was making a nice young dog but gradually started face barking. I scolded her a couple times and she new what she was being scolded for. Finally I came to the conclusion that she wasn't any good to me or nobody else if it continued and the next time she started that crap I thrashed her. Run her plum off the tree! Took her about 5 mins to get over it! She eased back into treeing and never did it again as long as I owned her. We ran lighted collars, and for a long time I would sneak in where I could watch from a distance and she never did it anymore! I don't think all dogs can be cured of it but be honest with yourself. That's a bad fault, one I can't live with! It needs to be fixed one way or the other! I honestly think it was a learned behavior because she was already started when I got her and it was so easy to fix. Some are born with it and I doubt much can be done as a permenant cure in that case!

Old Post 01-20-2017 01:56 AM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Good answers , thanks for the reminder why I seldom visit this board anymore. Really lol

Old Post 01-20-2017 02:13 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

I had one that in one night he went from blowing to by the 3rd tree treeing with his back to the tree . He died on that one . I did notice that when the dog hunted solo he loaded up on the tree then rolled to a chop but in company he screamed and bawled on tree prolly blowing all along .

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 01-22-2017 04:24 PM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skankhunt42
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
Good answers , thanks for the reminder why I seldom visit this board anymore. Really lol

Ha

Old Post 01-23-2017 12:29 AM
Skankhunt42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skankhunt42 Click here to Send Skankhunt42 a Private Message Find more posts by Skankhunt42 Add Skankhunt42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince

Yeah, I'm with Mr. Prince on this one.......

Old Post 01-23-2017 01:05 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote