UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > mouthy dog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kellyranches
UKC Forum Member

mouthy dog

I just bought a 4 yr old female. Nice solid built dog. I've solo her her twice now and she only opens on a trail. But she stays open except in a check. Today she stay within a 100 yard area and opened up all most every step. After 2 hours see still hadn't jumped a rabbit. Is she cold trailing or just real mouthy ? I was hoping to trial this dog but with her being so mouthy I'm not sure she would work out. She has a ton of hunt in her with no quit whatsoever.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-01-2017 10:48 PM
kellyranches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kellyranches Click here to Send kellyranches a Private Message Click Here to Email kellyranches Find more posts by kellyranches Add kellyranches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
triple D kennel
New UKC Forum Member

Are you looking to get rid of her

Old Post 01-04-2017 03:15 AM
triple D kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for triple D kennel Click here to Send triple D kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email triple D kennel Find more posts by triple D kennel Add triple D kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kellyranches
UKC Forum Member

Well I hadn't planned on it.

Old Post 01-04-2017 01:15 PM
kellyranches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kellyranches Click here to Send kellyranches a Private Message Click Here to Email kellyranches Find more posts by kellyranches Add kellyranches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Letsrunthem016
UKC Forum Member

Mouthy dog

My experience they call a mouthy dog when it's running in a pack and it's barking at the other dogs when it's running to catch up or following the dog and it gets away from them but sounds like your hound could be cold tracking maybe having some trouble in the conditions it's running in you should see the rabbit after to long if it's on a hot trail and circling the rabbit

Old Post 01-04-2017 03:20 PM
Letsrunthem016 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Letsrunthem016 Click here to Send Letsrunthem016 a Private Message Click Here to Email Letsrunthem016 Find more posts by Letsrunthem016 Add Letsrunthem016 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Letsrunthem016
UKC Forum Member

Mouthy dog

My experience they call a mouthy dog when it's running in a pack and it's barking at the other dogs when it's running to catch up or following the dog and it gets away from them but sounds like your hound could be cold tracking maybe having some trouble in the conditions it's running in you should see the rabbit after to long if it's on a hot trail and circling the rabbit

Old Post 01-04-2017 03:20 PM
Letsrunthem016 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Letsrunthem016 Click here to Send Letsrunthem016 a Private Message Click Here to Email Letsrunthem016 Find more posts by Letsrunthem016 Add Letsrunthem016 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote