UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2011 UKC World Hunt
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MamaKiti2
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Junior L
If you want good huntin good guides and plenty of coon. Bring it to sedalia, Mo.

I second that one!

http://photobucket.com/SenorCoonDogs

http://www.freewebs.com/midmissouri...nters/index.htm

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-27-2010 04:07 PM
MamaKiti2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MamaKiti2 Click here to Send MamaKiti2 a Private Message Click Here to Email MamaKiti2 Find more posts by MamaKiti2 Add MamaKiti2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JDC

Sedalia would be great, plenty of Coon and plenty of Motels.

Old Post 10-27-2010 04:22 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

BRING YOUR TRACK DOGS, ITL BE IN ADA OKLA.

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 10-27-2010 04:28 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Junior L
UKC Forum Member

At Cole Camp, Mo. 2 wks. ago they had 19 cast Fri. night at the Mo. C.H.F. huntoff and had 19 plus pt. cast winners. The high score was 950+. I doubt if any club has ever sent 19 cast to the woods and bring home 19 plus pt. winners.

Old Post 10-27-2010 04:41 PM
Junior L is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Junior L Click here to Send Junior L a Private Message Click Here to Email Junior L Find more posts by Junior L Add Junior L to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JDC

I was wondering if Ada might get it again its been a while since it was in that part of the country.

Old Post 10-27-2010 04:47 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DarkMan
UKC Forum Member

SALISBURY,NORTH CAROLINA

We host one of the biggest hunts of the year with UKC SETWDays,Im sure we could handle 100 hounds for a few nights.We also have good coon population too,but as far as coon population goes who needs a "heavy"population when your dealing with the top 100 hounds in the world.

Old Post 10-27-2010 04:59 PM
DarkMan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DarkMan Click here to Send DarkMan a Private Message Find more posts by DarkMan Add DarkMan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Salsberry NC would be a good place for it!!! But I reckon evrybody wants it close to them.

Old Post 10-27-2010 08:01 PM
Adam Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Reynolds Click here to Send Adam Reynolds a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Reynolds Add Adam Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: I don't believe it

quote:
Originally posted by lockednks
With the torndado that went through there this year I am sure the town could use the dollars that the world hunt would bring in. Though I am sure the hunting would be real tough in spots.

Old Post 10-28-2010 06:28 PM
thedirtyrat1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedirtyrat1 Click here to Send thedirtyrat1 a Private Message Click Here to Email thedirtyrat1 Find more posts by thedirtyrat1 Add thedirtyrat1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: I don't believe it

quote:
Originally posted by thedirtyrat1

Type in Sunflower WMA, Twin Oaks WMA, Hillside NWR, and Panther Swamp WMA in your search engine and tell me why Yazoo City would not be the ideal place for the finals in 2011. The tornado strip did not touch these refuges. These refuges total over 120,000 acres of public land. Beautiful hardwood swamps. No feeders to give another cast the upper hand. Plus 1,000's of acres of private land. No better place to hold the finals. If you have any questions or complaints about the area give John (Finley River) Monroe in Missouri a call as a reference.

Last edited by thedirtyrat1 on 10-28-2010 at 07:07 PM

Old Post 10-28-2010 06:42 PM
thedirtyrat1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedirtyrat1 Click here to Send thedirtyrat1 a Private Message Click Here to Email thedirtyrat1 Find more posts by thedirtyrat1 Add thedirtyrat1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

tt

All within an hours drive of Yazoo. Plenty of lodging. No mountains no crawling to dogs. Absolute level playing field for a TRUE World Champion!

Old Post 10-28-2010 06:53 PM
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

tt

Lodging in Yazoo. Hampton Inn--Days In--Best Western--Comfort Inn--Econo Lodge all within a mile of fairgrounds. Also a nice lodge with 30 rooms. Type in huntperryfarms.com for info on lodge. Stay there and your looking at Panther Creek NWR and Sunflower WMA. Come a week early and stretch ole blues legs a little.

Old Post 10-28-2010 07:23 PM
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Re: tt

quote:
Absolute level playing field for a TRUE World Champion!

You are joking right? You mean to tell me that a final four cast that scores on 10 coon in two hours and we now have a FAKE world champion?

This happens every year...a big discussion about where the world hunt should be, and every year the folks from the deep south claim that the only way to crown a TRUE world champion is to make it darn near impossible to tree a coon....

I see it this way...if there is one coon in a square mile, and you have four dogs in a cast. One goes east, one goes west, one goes north, and one goes south when you cut them loose. The dog that goes a quarter mile south, strikes the ONLY coon in the country, trails it up and trees it....that's not the better dog...that's the LUCKY dog.

I don't care where it's at, but the only REAL level playing field is where every dog has the same opportunity to tree as many coon in two hours as it has the ability to tree...not the ability to find.

Old Post 10-28-2010 07:24 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
miller261
UKC Forum Member

world hunt

Well put Joe.

Home of

PR Millers Midnight Cody (RIP)
PR Millers Wild Bella ( two wins towards nitech)
PR Millers Stylish Krystal

WHERE IT'S A PLEASURE TO HUNT!

Old Post 10-28-2010 07:37 PM
miller261 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for miller261 Click here to Send miller261 a Private Message Find more posts by miller261 Add miller261 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
goodtimekennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: tt

quote:
Originally posted by Oak Ridge
You are joking right? You mean to tell me that a final four cast that scores on 10 coon in two hours and we now have a FAKE world champion?

This happens every year...a big discussion about where the world hunt should be, and every year the folks from the deep south claim that the only way to crown a TRUE world champion is to make it darn near impossible to tree a coon....

I see it this way...if there is one coon in a square mile, and you have four dogs in a cast. One goes east, one goes west, one goes north, and one goes south when you cut them loose. The dog that goes a quarter mile south, strikes the ONLY coon in the country, trails it up and trees it....that's not the better dog...that's the LUCKY dog.

I don't care where it's at, but the only REAL level playing field is where every dog has the same opportunity to tree as many coon in two hours as it has the ability to tree...not the ability to find.

THIS DOES SOUND GOOD, I SAY PUT THEM IN COON

HOME OF GOODTIME KENNEL
WHERE WE SHOW ON THE HARDWOOD

Old Post 10-28-2010 07:43 PM
goodtimekennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for goodtimekennel Click here to Send goodtimekennel a Private Message Click Here to Email goodtimekennel Find more posts by goodtimekennel Add goodtimekennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

BRING IT TO NORTHWESTERN PA. HAS IT EVER BEEN TO PA. I BELIEVE IT COULD BE HEL IS SOUTHWESTERN PA ALSO AND THEY HAVE A GOOD COON POPULATION IN THAT AREA. ALOT OF GOOD HUNTERS AND GUIDES IN THIS AREA.

I VOTE FOR PA.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 10-28-2010 07:44 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: tt

quote:
Originally posted by Oak Ridge

Old Post 10-28-2010 07:54 PM
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: tt

quote:

Dang. Calm down son. The world will be in the South somewhere this year and there are places where they hunt feeders a lot down here. Not the case for our area. Was not bashing the Northern coondog world champion. The North has by far the best coon population bar none.

Old Post 10-28-2010 08:02 PM
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

i with you all the way jay -yazoo city or vicksburg does not matter

Old Post 10-28-2010 08:10 PM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

world

The first World Coon Hunt of any registry took place in Mississippi. Be nice to return again.

Old Post 10-28-2010 08:21 PM
Clay Lautzenhiser
UKC Forum Member

Man Jay your post sure to get Joe in an uproar.
Joe it is not about the World Champion up there being "real" or not in the sense that you took it. I have personally hunted with Mr. Clean on a handfull of occasions and in fact picked him to win the UKC World last year. What it is about is the type of dog it takes to win down here versus up there. As much as I like Mr. Clean I do not believe that the results would be the same in Yazoo City. I do not believe the BS that a coondog can win anywhere. Yes most of them will adapt over time but a dog raised and hunted here is at a big advantage initially. Most of the coons down here don't pop up. They run and require a lot more tracking ability then the average track up there. Not to mention that the population is quite a bit thinner. As you know I spend a good portion of the year up there hunting so I am pretty familiar with both terrains. As I have for years I welcome any and alll to come hunting and experience the difference. I promise I will not take it as easy as we did on Shawn
Jays club would be a great site to host the UKC World Hunt!!

PKC#50739

Old Post 10-28-2010 11:55 PM
Clay Lautzenhiser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clay Lautzenhiser Click here to Send Clay Lautzenhiser a Private Message Click Here to Email Clay Lautzenhiser Find more posts by Clay Lautzenhiser Add Clay Lautzenhiser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clay Lautzenhiser
UKC Forum Member

Imagine a World Hunt with no feeders or corn piles. Just coon dogs turned loose in the wild and required to track and tree wild coons that arent held there by a food source. I kinda like the idea and, although I have already heard of a location, hope the UKC takes a look at this club.

PKC#50739

Old Post 10-29-2010 12:46 AM
Clay Lautzenhiser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clay Lautzenhiser Click here to Send Clay Lautzenhiser a Private Message Click Here to Email Clay Lautzenhiser Find more posts by Clay Lautzenhiser Add Clay Lautzenhiser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ukc_hunter
UKC Forum Member

I vote SALISBURY,NORTH CAROLINA

Old Post 10-29-2010 12:48 AM
ukc_hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ukc_hunter Click here to Send ukc_hunter a Private Message Find more posts by ukc_hunter Add ukc_hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey bourne
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Clay Lautzenhiser
Imagine a World Hunt with no feeders or corn piles. Just coon dogs turned loose in the wild and required to track and tree wild coons that arent held there by a food source. I kinda like the idea and, although I have already heard of a location, hope the UKC takes a look at this club.

HMMM I wounder how that would turn out? Bet them 1500 - 2300 scores will be more like 500 - 600 in honest company. I'm to old and poor to worry about me ever getting to the world so I'm just fantisizing I guess.

Old Post 10-29-2010 02:43 AM
joey bourne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey bourne Click here to Send joey bourne a Private Message Click Here to Email joey bourne Find more posts by joey bourne Add joey bourne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey bourne
HMMM I wounder how that would turn out? Bet them 1500 - 2300 scores will be more like 500 - 600 in honest company. I'm to old and poor to worry about me ever getting to the world so I'm just fantisizing I guess.

1500-2300????
You ARE talking about the World Hunt, right?
I don't ever recall those kind of scores at any World Hunts. Go back and look at the average scores at this years finals in some of the best coonhunting country anywhere. The final cast had what may have been a record score for a final four and it was under 1100.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-29-2010 02:56 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey bourne
UKC Forum Member

Just talking about alot of different scores I've seen from the northern states posted on here over the years. I'm not disking I'm jealous because I have never had the honor to hunt places like ya'll have.

Old Post 10-29-2010 03:01 AM
joey bourne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey bourne Click here to Send joey bourne a Private Message Click Here to Email joey bourne Find more posts by joey bourne Add joey bourne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote