UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Will Your Dogs Do That.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

4 of my hounds r voice operated..... Even if they tree out in a swamp I call and they come....
And don't need leads to handle them, they walk with me I don't use a lead unless I'm in a sanction hunt. They r not allowed to hunt until I tell them too . These dogs I controll they don't controll me .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-14-2019 11:56 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

I think it’s all about wood time and time with the dog, both of my dogs and I can call out, off the tree. Briars and swamps aren’t lead friendly, I tell her dead let’s go she’s coming may have to yell if other dogs are on the tree. Just me and them they come off no problem. I can also tell bad and they are gone again like rockets are strapped to there rears.

My older female once got jumped on by another female I had on trial, my female didn’t take kindly to it and was trying to kill the dog. I yelled her name and come and she just stopped and trotted back. Had to send her back towards the truck on her own and walk the other mut back.

Old Post 06-15-2019 02:51 AM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

The only thing I know is this " discipline is the instant obedience and WILLINGNESS to orders" I know it sounds Old fashioned. When I hunt by my self or with my son , we will take 4-6 dogs. It can be done. Tom and I hunt with at least 2-4 just about every time , same with Gary and my other buddies as well. The dogs tree coon and we have a good time every time. Patience and a firm hand , not Heavy but firm. JMHO

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 06-15-2019 04:32 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

absolutely. dogs I keep or have hunted for others handle like a dream if half a brain. just takes woods time and half a brain yourself. once have dogs that handle will hunt twice as much because stress free.

Old Post 06-15-2019 05:01 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Luke is a smart hound. I tell him to go tree a coon, he does it

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 06-15-2019 02:38 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

I dont even carry a leash with me when pleasure hunting.
Had a female I call her off 3 trees one night with coon being in every tree. The dog I call Texas is never leash.
Its call training. And most is done before they even go to the woods

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 06-18-2019 01:32 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

Had a female I call her off 3 trees one night with coon being in every tree. The dog I call Texas is never leash.

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic

Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

dbender
UKC Forum Member

Did you call her off three trees or one tree three times😂

Old Post 06-18-2019 02:59 PM
dbender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbender Click here to Send dbender a Private Message Click Here to Email dbender Find more posts by dbender Add dbender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dbender
Did you call her off three trees or one tree three times😂

3 trees , she had more sense than most people.
Call her cross a river on a tree allso.
One of the best little females I ever own.

Old Post 06-19-2019 03:21 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Any of you have an 8 week old pup that can slide? Kase is getting him ready for agility competitions in case he doesn't pan out as a coondog.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-20-2019 05:55 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

https://youtu.be/PcopWb7G9Mw

Old Post 06-20-2019 07:43 PM
JMiller
UKC Forum Member

NO LEAD

I have two cur dogs that I squirrel hunt that when they are treed and I don't shoot a squirrel to them all I have to do is tell them " LETS GO ITS IN A HOLE" and they will fall off the tree and be gone looking for another one. Very seldom do I ever put a lead one either one of them unless I have to tie them for some reason.

Old Post 06-20-2019 11:08 PM
JMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMiller Click here to Send JMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email JMiller Find more posts by JMiller Add JMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote