UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha Huntview question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Alpha Huntview question

The Huntview card quit working on my Alpha today. Normally I can tap the little double square looking thing in the top left of the screen and it will start back working. But, that isn’t working. I tried to restore defaults, still not working.

Any ideas?

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-08-2019 02:12 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
F bond
UKC Forum Member

Might check the sd card behind the battery. Mine wasn’t making good contact and caused my maps/hunt view to quit working

Old Post 12-08-2019 03:04 AM
F bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for F bond Click here to Send F bond a Private Message Click Here to Email F bond Find more posts by F bond Add F bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by F bond
Might check the sd card behind the battery. Mine wasn’t making good contact and caused my maps/hunt view to quit working

I’ve taken it out, started unit up, turned off, put card back in, restarted unit and it still won’t work.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 12-08-2019 06:28 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

When ever a map disappears there are two things that you should do.

Select Map and then form the menu select your maps and see what maps you have attached to the handheld. That will tell you if the card has come loose.

If the Huntview card is showing installed then form the Map menu there is one thing you need to check. Now depending on the software version you will see one of two things. Many say check the declutter and make sure it is off. Now if you have upgraded your software Garmin did away with declutter because it confuses people and they have just went to Show Map or Hide Map depending how you have that selected. Choose Show Map and it should come back. Or you can just at the bottom of the menu choose Restore Defaults.

Old Post 12-08-2019 12:11 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
When ever a map disappears there are two things that you should do.

Select Map and then form the menu select your maps and see what maps you have attached to the handheld. That will tell you if the card has come loose.

If the Huntview card is showing installed then form the Map menu there is one thing you need to check. Now depending on the software version you will see one of two things. Many say check the declutter and make sure it is off. Now if you have upgraded your software Garmin did away with declutter because it confuses people and they have just went to Show Map or Hide Map depending how you have that selected. Choose Show Map and it should come back. Or you can just at the bottom of the menu choose Restore Defaults.

Still no Huntview showing.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 12-09-2019 12:15 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Are you showing any type of maps at all or do you have a blank screen?

If the screen is blank with no maps.
From you map page if you have the latest updates in your ALPHA. Select the menu bar and then scroll down to the second page. Third item from the bottom should say either HIDE MAPS or SHOW MAPS. If it says SHOW MAPS then select it and the maps should come back.

Old Post 12-09-2019 01:33 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

is the topo map still showing? whenever mine has just a white screen no topo or huntview card showing up i do a master reset and it all goes back to working.

with the unit off hold upper left part of screen and power on and you will get option do perform master reset.

Old Post 12-09-2019 01:40 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

Bruce I've got a question also

I hunt on NC/VA border and have the VA huntview card in. When the creeks and rivers get to NC the blue lines on the screen go away. Looks like they would still show up since its part of the topo map but it doesnt do it. Any suggestions?

Thansk

Old Post 12-09-2019 01:45 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

KT no deeper than them Black dogs hunt you don’t need a map to keep up with them. Just cut on the light on the collar. You can see him anywhere he goes.... 🤣

Old Post 12-09-2019 03:49 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JB Cobb
KT no deeper than them Black dogs hunt you don’t need a map to keep up with them. Just cut on the light on the collar. You can see him anywhere he goes.... 🤣

Some nights I wish you were right.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 12-09-2019 03:52 PM
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Thanks for all the info guys. Last night I did a master reboot and all is good now. I just to enter all the collars back. 🤦🏻‍♂️

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 12-09-2019 03:53 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Buckkmaster., I haven't experienced what your talking about. So I can't be any help with the question.

Old Post 12-09-2019 07:24 PM
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Buckmaster, you said that you are running a Virginia card, it stops at the NC line. To get more detail in NC you will need to down load NC maps or change chips. I may be wrong but I only loaded the area where I hunt and when I get to the edge of the down load it shows only roads.

Old Post 12-10-2019 03:31 AM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

its overlays some of nc on the va card and shows the birdseyes but not the creek and rivers. i can turn off the birdseye and the blue line of creek and river show up on topo map just dont overlay on birdseye like they do on the va side.

Old Post 12-13-2019 01:32 PM