UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Wldnitech Bred X7
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

94 World Champion Terra was a grand daughter of Mac.

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-21-2014 06:16 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Yep. She sure was

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Old Post 06-21-2014 06:36 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

btt

She sure is growing. turning into a little terror
Had a coon in a roll cage today. Dragged it about 50 yards and hung it up in a tree. Cut her loose, and she found it. Treed her butt off!!

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-01-2014 01:19 AM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Jennings
06/19/2014

This is the first time she has ever seen a live caged coon. What is wrong with my dog???? She's crazy!!!!

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-17-2014 12:14 AM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

New video (07/16/14)

Let Ellie chase a coon up a tree today.... Wish I didn't use the stick so much, but I had to keep her attention. This was her first time treeing without a cage hanging at the end of her nose. Slowly Trying out a new training method with her.

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-17-2014 12:28 AM
prostockpat
Banned

JMO..

I'd be carefull on how much tree'n by sight I'd do.With her ped she should have more than enough "tree" in her!
Again JMO

'Pr' Nitech. Stylish Clover Shark Jill
Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch
Queen of hunt TWBFA Walker Sectional.Franklin Co. Coonhunters{Oh.}2013.

Old Post 07-17-2014 01:46 PM
prostockpat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prostockpat Click here to Send prostockpat a Private Message Click Here to Email prostockpat Find more posts by prostockpat Add prostockpat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Took Ellie to the woods last night with my 1.5 year old English female. She took right off with her at the cut. Came back in, went back out, went out by herself chasing after some kind of critter to about 80 yards. Came back in when i moved down the trail. We checked the feeder bucket and she was snorting up the leaves at the base of the bucket... she adventured out a little ways into a corn field and stayed active. later on in the night the english female and this little pup were both checking three different trees along the side of a creek. Something was up there that they found interest in.

i like this little female alot. Although she wanted to play most of the night. She kept herself active hunting around, . She's got alot of sense in her

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-22-2014 10:08 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Ellie is gunna hit the corn and woods tonight. letting a coon loose in a corn patch, gunna she if she can get somewhere with it

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-24-2014 06:20 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Ellie on last nights adventure 7/24/14

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-25-2014 03:51 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Ellie did real well on her first day of learning to use her nose on a few drags. Each drag was probably 30-50yards long and I made sure she didn't see me hang them up

Drag and tree #1

Drag and tree #2

Drag and tree #3

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-25-2014 03:58 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Jennings
06/19/2014

This is the first time she has ever seen a live caged coon. What is wrong with my dog???? She's crazy!!!!

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-25-2014 11:55 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Ellie did pretty good last night for a pup. Took her and my 9year old blue female for a walk across from the house. Adventured out the whole time, never stayed near me and always had her nose to the ground. Think the farthest she went was a little over 100 yards.
Was gunna do a drag today, but the hide wasnt thawed out yet. Maybe tonight ill lay one in the dark

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-29-2014 10:54 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Two drags...two trees today! 07/30/14

Shook a hide in front of ellie today and let her chew on it a little. Got her wound up and had the girlfriend hide ellie behind the truck while i layed a drag. Hung it up in the tree and let her loose. She made a 30yard drag look too easy. Pretty nice locate on her, with a sweet chop mouth.

Hid ellie again so she couldnt see, and layed probably a 50 yard drag and she found that one. She even let out a few barks on track on the second drag. followed by a nice drawed out locate then went to chopping

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-30-2014 10:32 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

08/05/14

Ellie found the 8th drag in her life today. She is 100% accurate so far going 8/8 lol! Her last three drags were dragged over 100 yards and she was NOT shown the hide before i dragged it like i did for the first five drags..... She's starting to bark on track a little bit. Think im going to stop doing drags, and move on to a few corn field chases. Corn will be ready in about three weeks here in NY so we got some time to kill

(Video)

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 08-05-2014 at 11:00 PM

Old Post 08-05-2014 10:53 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

8/13/14

Adventuring out and treeing hard with other dogs. She has the treeing part down pat. She opened up on track once on two seperate tracks last night.

HOME OF:

Old Post 08-14-2014 11:05 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

8/17/14

Took Ellie with my 4 year old English female. Cut em loose along the edge of a corn field and ellie opened up once at about 100yards. English female took a track out of the corn and treed, but the little walker didnt want no part with her. She kept going back and forth along that edge right where she opened up.

Later on in the night at the same spot, i walked both females up a creek, cut em loose and they took off on up it. At about 130yards Ellie opened up squelling. about 10 high pitched chops and 5seconds later the english female opened up twice and took a track out of there. Kinda disapointed they didnt get anywhere with that track.

HOME OF:

Old Post 08-18-2014 03:18 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Talking been a long time

been a very long time since I've made an update to this thread of mine.

I still have Ellie and she has filled out to be one fine looking walker female.
My 2015 training season unfortunately got cut short of expected for woods time due to police academy, so right now I'm trying to play catch up getting her in the woods singled out and confidence building.

Last night I hunted with my uncle and his S.R blue female. She's a pretty good dog and real accurate.

1st drop- Both dogs struck at the same time and pushed a track a short ways and slammed a tree. Both were hammering with a big coon way up top

2nd drop- Cut hounds loose in a wet timber area. Hounds struck together again and moved another track a short ways before locating and treeing. Although on this tree, ellie only let out a few barks. We eased in and she was still trying to run the track around the area of the tree. S.R female was on the tree with a coon up, although she kept standing about 10ft back on her hind legs winding her nose in the air, then hitting the tree. Ellie came in and treed after we arrived.

3rd drop- Hounds took a track up a gulley bottom. ran couple hundred yards before shutting down and circling. Both hounds worked this small area for about 15mins. while making their circles bigger and bigger. Ellie finally drove the track out of there in the right direction. think they lost it near a small bass pond. Coon was sitting up low on one side and the hounds were on the other side working a hill side. Seemed like a old feeder track that they couldn't seem to line out. Probably swam the pond. We finally caught them up and headed home

Like someone in the beginning on this post mentioned, she defiantly turned out to be a hot nosed coonhound. With no issues being a tree dog. I remember one of the first videos I posted on this page, what a freak of nature she was for only 3-4months old trying to get into that cage.

There's a local coon hunt tomorrow night, but I think I'm going to hold off on this one. Although I think she could hold her own in a cast, I'd like to see a little more work out of her when she is by herself first. I'd rather win a cast with 25+ by a dog I'm full confident in, than win with 800+ by her piggybacking off other hounds work for majority of the cast. We got a local hunt at the end of this month too, so maybe we'll see a changed dog with some woods time in with just me and her. might make attendance to that hunt

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-08-2016 02:46 PM
cory hall
UKC Forum Member

the sire to your dog, chaos is a trailing type dog who likes to make sure he has a coon. He is a NITECH, but that is probably as far as he will get pushed as the guy that owns him is older.

FCH WCH GRCH ZUUL
2021 AUTUMN OAKS BEST OF SHOW
2021 WORLD CHAMPION PLOTT
2021 OHIO STATE OVERALL SHOW CHAMPION
2022 WINTER CLASSIC CH PLOTT
2022 MICHIGAN STATE OVERALL SHOW
CHAMPION
2023 MICHIGAN STATE YOUTH CHAMPION OVER ALL SHOW WINNER
2023 AUTUMN OAKS NRGCH PLOTT MALE
2024 GRAND AMERICAN GRCH PLOTT

GRNITECH CH LATE NIGHT BREAKING DAWN
2021 ISAIAH KIDD OPP. SEX WINNER
2022 ISAIAH KIDD OPP. SEX WINNER
2023 AUTUMN OAKS NGRNCH PLOTT & HIGH SCORING PLOTT

GRNITECH2 GRWCH2 GRFCH2 GRCH2 HALL'S LATE NIGHT TRACKER
2019 AUTUMN OAKS 7th PLACE & HIGH SCORING PLOTT
2019 MICHIGAN STATE HUNT 3RD PLACE
2019 N.P.H.A. HIGH SCORING DOG OF THE YEAR
2020 MICHIGAN STATE YOUTH CHAMPION OVERALL STATE HUNT WINNER
2021 GRAND AMERICAN DUAL CH & GRCH PLOTT X2
2022 WINTER CLASSIC CAST WINNER
2022 MICHIGAN STATE HUNT 5TH PLACE
2022 PLOTT DAYS CAST WINNER
2022 MICHIGAN STATEYOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP OVERALL STATE SHOW & FIELD TRIAL WINNER
2022 N.P.H.A. OPP. SEX HIGH SCORING DOG OF THE YEAR
2023 PLOTT DAYS CAST WINNER
2023 AUTUMN OAKS DUAL CHAMPION CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE OVER ALL

ACHA GRNITECH/GRNITECH GRWCH GRFCH GRCH HALL'S LATE NIGHT MAGIC
2013,14 ISAIAH KIDD OPP. SEX WINNER
2012,13,14 AUTUMN OAKS HIGH SCORING PLOTT FEMALE
2012 NPHA HIGH SCORING DOG OF THE YEAR
2013 NPHA HIGH SCORING FEMALE DOG OF THE YEAR
2012 ACHA STATE RACE WINNER
2013 PLOTT DOGS.COM CHAMPION
2014 MICHIGAN STATE YOUTH CHAMPION

NITECH GRWCH GRFCH GRCH HALL'S RENEGADE RAMBO HTX
2011 YOUTH WORLD ALL AROUND CHAMPION
2011 WORLD CHAMPION PLOTT
2011 KING OF PLOTT DAYS
TOP 10 BREED WINNER

FCH NITECH GRWCH GRCH LATE NIGHTS SOUTHERN SCARLETT
2017 PURINA RACE BREED WINNER
2017,18 QUEEN OF PLOTT DAYS
2017 WISCONSIN STATE CHAMPION
2018 GRAND AMERICA OVER ALL FEMALE
2018 WINTER CLASSIC OVER ALL GRCH FEMALE
2018 TOP 10 BREED WINNER

GRCH LATE NIGHTS WAY OUT WEST
2019 MICHIGAN OVER ALL STATE CHAMPION

NITECH CH HALL'S X-RATED TESS HTX

GRNITECH WCH CH HALL'S LATE NIGHT ICON
2018 N.P.H.A HIGH SCORING DOG OF THE YEAR

Old Post 06-18-2016 02:46 PM
cory hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cory hall Click here to Send cory hall a Private Message Click Here to Email cory hall Find more posts by cory hall Add cory hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

yeah I seen recently that he made NITECH. think last time I talked to John, he had a pass towards HTX. and that was a while ago.

This female I have has matured a lot for the better. I think this will be her year to make or break it. She just turned two this spring

HOME OF:

Old Post 06-20-2016 03:29 PM