UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Gr.Nt.Ch.Dohoney's Boone
Pages (76): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shannon
UKC Forum Member

I have a male pup out of GrNt Hardwood Stump which is out of Echo that is doing pretty good. I like that line of dogs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-05-2003 03:24 PM
Shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon Click here to Send Shannon a Private Message Find more posts by Shannon Add Shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Shannon...

I have a female off Grnitech Hardwood Spot which is out of Grnitech Doss's Hardwood Echo too. Her mother is directly off of Ole Boone and a yadkin river female. I really like her, she is a nice dog in the woods and real good looking. She is a three year old gyp.

Dual Grand Crazy Mtn Midnite Frost
Cash Creek Big Holler Mojo(Mo)
Sippin' Wild Wine
Cash Creek Wild Bill Hickok(Hick)
Cash Creek Calamity Jane(Janie)

Old Post 09-05-2003 04:13 PM
Walkerfied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walkerfied Click here to Send Walkerfied a Private Message Click Here to Email Walkerfied Find more posts by Walkerfied Add Walkerfied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

The pups in the pen looked like a nice litter.I couldn't see the ones in the box well enough to say.LOL And by looking at Flow I don't think Lobo would mind her coming for a visit sometime.LOL Of course he even likes it when Long Ears brings her Tempi up to see him so he's not real picky.

Old Post 09-05-2003 05:20 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Your Killin Me....

I havent seen a stud dog yet who would even care about color or breed. lol I will take some more pics of Flows pups as well as Dixie and Peppers. I took a real good look at Flows pups last night and man they have some nice heads for two week old pups and real rich red on their heads. They are gonna be super nice.

Sippin' Wild Wine

Old Post 09-05-2003 05:38 PM
Walkerfied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walkerfied Click here to Send Walkerfied a Private Message Click Here to Email Walkerfied Find more posts by Walkerfied Add Walkerfied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skinner
Banned

Highball with one tie'd up. Should'a been there.

Black Creek Treeing Walkers

If I had feelings, that might would have hurt.

Old Post 09-07-2003 12:17 AM
Skinner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skinner Click here to Send Skinner a Private Message Click Here to Email Skinner Visit Skinner's homepage! Find more posts by Skinner Add Skinner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Jody...

Pic looks great. Highball is really coming into his own. When you get a chance email me your phone number. I absolutely cant find where I put it. Mike called a couple of times over the weekend in reference to the Boone hunt and had a couple of ideas, so I wanted to talk to you about them.

Sippin' Wild Wine

Old Post 09-08-2003 01:20 PM
Skinner
Banned

Walkerfied I sent you mail. Sorry so late I have been hunting every night the last few days gettin em ready for season in 11 more days. Hi is really doing well. He split off from Sue the other night and held. I was proud AND he had the meat. He is going to Lowell's up in WI. to breed (? maybe) and for some tough hunting. I am trying to put him in all kind's of terrain. I am getting ready to crank Skeeter up. Took him out last night he did good to be a pup he got out and hunted some. Did'nt stay under my feet. HOBO he did'nt tree any chickens either!!! ROFL Yall need anything holler.

Old Post 09-08-2003 07:47 PM
Skinner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skinner Click here to Send Skinner a Private Message Click Here to Email Skinner Visit Skinner's homepage! Find more posts by Skinner Add Skinner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Jody

I got your email and will call you tonite. I talked to Lowell yesterday on the phone and said he was getting a Fiddler pup to hunt, I just didnt put two and two together. Lowell is coming to the Boone hunt and just finished Bud dog off Latch to Grand nite last Friday. Hey I will talk to you after while, I ll try to call before dark so i dont interrupt your hunting.

Sippin' Wild Wine

Old Post 09-08-2003 08:57 PM
Skinner
Banned

ok catch me later. Saw the prettiest redbone today i have ever saw i think. Had me seeing red there for a little while but i went and washed my eyes out and got over it

Old Post 09-08-2003 11:16 PM
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

LOL....

when I see red I am usually mad about something but to each his own I guess. There is something nice about them Redbones. Dad is a big Redbone fan. Talk to you tonite.

Sippin' Wild Wine

Old Post 09-09-2003 01:22 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

But How long did he run that BIG Buck Skinner???? LOL

Old Post 09-09-2003 02:02 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Deer dogs???

Oh boy I hope not. I dont like deer dogs, I would probably have some though if I lived in Alabama where they can use them to hunt for deer. Sounds like fun!!!

Sippin' Wild Wine

Old Post 09-09-2003 02:55 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE I kinda doubt he ran a deer,but he did come from Va and we can run deer here with hounds also.If a Redbone ends up in the kennel beside Highball or Skeeter they will have to be relocated !!!!! LOL

Old Post 09-09-2003 05:34 PM
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Hobo...

I would love to try deer hunting with hounds just to say I had done it. I havent hunted with many redbones but one of the nicest young dogs I have ever seen in the woods was a young redbone male off Bomber. He was a natural at a young age but ended up hanging himself on a fence when he was 10 months old. I felt bad for the kid who owned him. Ya'll got some good deer hunting out your way too. The list continues to grow on the Boone hunt.

Sippin' Wild Wine

Old Post 09-09-2003 06:02 PM
Skinner
Banned

LOL Hobo. No Skeeter is the one running deer, possums, squirrels and CHICK,CHICK,CHICKENS

No Hobo I am teasing with ya. I took Skeet out the last two nights. He did well the other night and did fair tonight. We jumped an old boar tonight on the ground but he gave Skeet the slip. Tapped a tree. Skeet just does'nt have the experience yet out in the woods. I can tell you this though, that little rascal aint afraid of the dark and aint afraid to get by himself either. I pulled Sue from her tree and took her back to where we jumped the coon on the ground. She figured it out after a little while. I did'nt think a coon would run that far this time of year but I guess he was full. Skeet is a great little hound and theres no doubt he will make a fine hound. Also you should hear the mouth he is getting on him. He's gonna be loud.

Old Post 09-10-2003 04:59 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I took his old man out tonight for a short hunt.Treed one after working a feeder track and had the meat at the end of the trail.
Is skeeter opening on track?

Old Post 09-10-2003 06:18 AM
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Jody...

It wont be no time and youll have to retire High just to hunt Skeeter lol...sounds like he is gonna make it. I am gearing up to to hit the timber hard for the next couple of months. I have to get Clipper in the woods. I am gonna hunt our female off GRNITECH Hardwood Spot and the Boone female in the hunts this fall. So l need to get her tuned up. It is gonna be nothing but work around here!!!

Sippin' Wild Wine

Old Post 09-10-2003 01:52 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Hmmm mayb ewe do need to have the all Boone hunt at your house so I can bring Skeeter back with me. Treeing a Bannie Rooster would have been harder than treeing a coon don't ya know them Roosters don't leave much scent??????????? LOL

Old Post 09-11-2003 02:46 AM
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

rflmao...

You guys are nuts...Skinner sounds like Skeet is doing good for no more exposure than he has had, but then again he is Boone bred and directly out of LOBO. We are getting so much rain right now its pathetic. Just west of us they got 6" in an hour. I may have to get my floaties out to feed tonight. lol

Sippin' Wild Wine

Old Post 09-11-2003 01:58 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

HMMMMMM

you just now figured this out?????? I woul dhave known it at Oaks...lol

Old Post 09-12-2003 03:07 AM
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Hobo...

I wont even judge a dog on a one night hunt, let alone people. Dont you expect me to offer you the same courtesy??? lol

Sippin' Wild Wine

Old Post 09-12-2003 01:27 PM
LilMundar
UKC Forum Member

Hey HOBO...

Who from CC got Star? Im still pretty sore bout having to back out on that. I was itchin for that lil gyp pretty bad but I guess it just wasnt meant to be. But, I guess everything works out sometime or another and Ill tell ya why. Three weeks ago there was a coon event at my local club so I went with my hunting buddy and a regular guy from the club had a litter of pups there. Well, I sorta hung around the pups all day and talked about hounds with the guy all day cuz he knows my dad and our hounds pretty well. Before the night hunt entries closed he called my hunting buddy out and asked if itd be all right for him to give me one of the pups. Man, my huntin buddy sure didnt wanna take responsibility for it so he said "its up to her dad- the pup can ride with me, but it aint my decision!". We tried calling my dad on a cell phone, but it died so that didnt help none. Well, I asked Mike(my huntin buddy) if I should just give it a shot and the guy who had the pups said hed come get it back if dad said no. Mike looked the pup all over pretty good and said "Give it a shot if ya really wanna" so I did. I stayed for the hunt cuz my buddy was MOH. At 4am I walked in the door to my dad's house. I went upstairs, woke my brother up, and he came downstairs to see Dutchess. Then I told him to go wake dad up. He went all bug eyed and said "NO WAY IN HELL ARE YOU CRAZY?" but I said Id beat his head into the pavement if he didnt so he did(IM so mean to my brother lol). Dad came down in his boxers with his eyes half closed and cussin under his breath. He took one look at that pup and said "What the hell is THAT?" All i did was laugh and tell him who gave it to me. Well, needless to say Dutchess is still here. My grandma is watchin her till we build a new pen, but I finally got my pup. Shes Deanwood Drifter, Houses, and Hillbilly Mac bred. Her momma is the guy who gave it to me's female GRNITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Moores Candy and her daddy is a dog from Ohio called PR Sopers Mountain Buster who Ive never heard of. Anyways, the little girl is starting her training this weekend as she just turned 3 months old. Shes beautiful, and LOUD mouthed. When shes older I plan to breed her and I got 3 dogs I like; my own male, Jammer, your Boone dog(when ya puttin him for stud?), and Hadden's Rock A Little More. Its quite a time till then, but Im a dreamer. Anyways...I hear the guy may be breeding her Mama again to his own male and hes made that cross before. Ive heard tons of good things on the first litter out of those 2, so if Mom moves into her new house by the time of that next litter Ill probably get a half brother or sister to Dutchess.

here's Dutchess' webpage if ya wanna see some pics of the girl:
http://www.geocities.com/river_ridg...ds/DUTCHESS.jpg

I just had to let ya know all that, but while Im respectfully in a Boone thread Im gonna e-mail ya a pic of PR River Ridge Bawlin' Duke who is a great-grandson of Dohoney's Boone. Duke's sire was PR Highland Stump whose sire was GRNITECH GRCH PR Siper Creek Stump- a son of Boone and NITECH PR Williams Southern Star. Duke was by far the best dog we've ever owned and it was unfortunate that he hung himself to death at age 5. We only ever bred Duke once and it was accidentally to an English female. However, the son we own from this litter is beginning to show a lot of his Dad's woods personality. Duke was a dog with a lot of heart and grit, very loud, and very colorful too. Ill email that picture of him in just a second. Too bad I didnt have him to make it to the Boone hunt Maybe if you start having it annually Ill eventually have a Boone dog to hunt. I still want a LOBO pup before its too late. Im crossing my fingers.

Old Post 09-12-2003 05:09 PM
LilMundar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LilMundar Click here to Send LilMundar a Private Message Click Here to Email LilMundar Find more posts by LilMundar Add LilMundar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Amanda Mic in CC chat is the one that bought Star.Next time you go in there ask him what he thinks of her,on second thought you might not want to know what he thinks of her.LOL Its not a problem on you backing out on her I was kinda thinking about keeping her for myself after you changed your mind.I'll try to load the pic on this thread tonight when I get home from work.Glad you were able to get you a pup and good luck with it.Let me know how it works out for you.

Old Post 09-12-2003 05:16 PM
Joey

Hobo I sent you a e-mail about my female being in heat. Did you get it?
Michael Rosamond

Old Post 09-12-2003 05:17 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LilMundar
UKC Forum Member

HOBO, I just sent the e-mail. Hey, maybe someday Mic will breed Star and I can get a pup off her LOL. Time will tell all. All, in all, Im very impressed with my pup right now. She might be a little force to reckon with come end of October when running season opens. What do you think on the looks of her? And, when are you seriously gonna offer Boone at stud??

Old Post 09-12-2003 05:20 PM
LilMundar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LilMundar Click here to Send LilMundar a Private Message Click Here to Email LilMundar Find more posts by LilMundar Add LilMundar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote