UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Yadkin river tom tom
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
walkers513
UKC Forum Member

Yadkin river tom tom

This dog won the world hunt. His son Tri Color Tom Tom won the world hunt. Then a grandson Jasper won the world hunt. Is there anyone that has these dogs up close in their bloodlines?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-19-2011 12:01 AM
walkers513 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkers513 Click here to Send walkers513 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkers513 Find more posts by walkers513 Add walkers513 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

Dan IV has yadkin river Tom Tom in his 3rd gen.

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 07-19-2011 12:04 AM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Proulx
UKC Forum Member

I do not believe Yadkin River Tom Tom ever one the world hunt I think he got 2nd maybe even twice

Old Post 07-19-2011 12:06 AM
Duke Proulx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Proulx Find more posts by Duke Proulx Add Duke Proulx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondog116
UKC Forum Member

This was 1987 No dog won the world that year.

No dogs had plus points in the final cast. At that time dogs were not recasted.
2 GRNITECH'PR'Yadkin River Tom Tom 11/05/83 TW Randell W Meyers NITECH'PR'Yadkin River Jeff CH'PR'Rock River Sally
3 GRNITECH Sheppard's Hardtime Jim 07/20/79 Eng Mike Raef GRNITECH Hayes' Hard Time Speck Davis' Kashs Kim
4 WNITECH GRNITECH'PR'Bellar's Pac-Man 05/20/82 TW Russell Bellar GRNITECH'PR'Bellar's Ky.River Strick NITECH'PR'Track Finder Brandy
5 NITECH'PR'Bellar's Indiana Dusty 09/20/82 TW Chuck Bellar GRNITECH'PR'Bellar's Indiana Shep GRNITECH'PR'Deventer's Treeing Penny

Then in 1989 he finished second
1 WNITECH GRNITECH'PR'Crawley's Louise 12/24/82 TW Douglas W Crawley PR'Kentucky's Ole Hickory PR'Dotson's Fly
2 GRNITECH'PR'Yadkin River Tom Tom 11/05/83 TW Randell W Meyers NITECH'PR'Yadkin River Jeff CH'PR'Rock River Sally
3 GRNITECH'PR'Meiers' Wild Wood Bo 02/03/84 TW Kent W Meiers WNITECH GRCH GRNITECH'PR'Rock River Banjo PR'Hurricane Creek Bess
4 GRNITECH GRCH'PR'Dryfork Ratchet 07/01/84 TW Carroll A Ross GRNITECH'PR'Black River Mike GRNITECH'PR'Retherford's Kate

Old Post 07-19-2011 12:38 AM
coondog116 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondog116 Click here to Send coondog116 a Private Message Click Here to Email coondog116 Find more posts by coondog116 Add coondog116 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkers513
UKC Forum Member

No winner. I understand where you are coming from. In my book if they do not recast. I say tom tom took the highest honor. Either way the genes are there for this line. Can't dispute that.

Old Post 07-19-2011 12:44 AM
walkers513 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkers513 Click here to Send walkers513 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkers513 Find more posts by walkers513 Add walkers513 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy steadman
UKC Forum Member

h

MR.PROULX DID YOU HUNT SOME OF THESE DOGS

Old Post 07-19-2011 12:53 AM
randy steadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy steadman Click here to Send randy steadman a Private Message Find more posts by randy steadman Add randy steadman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Proulx
UKC Forum Member

one or two of them lol

Old Post 07-19-2011 02:17 AM
Duke Proulx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Proulx Find more posts by Duke Proulx Add Duke Proulx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkers513
UKC Forum Member

That is why I am looking for this blood.

Old Post 07-19-2011 02:49 AM
Diggerman
Banned

My 11 year old Jake has YR Tom Tom in third gen through White Oak Bart on sires side.

Old Post 07-19-2011 03:39 AM
Diggerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diggerman Click here to Send Diggerman a Private Message Click Here to Email Diggerman Find more posts by Diggerman Add Diggerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PRITCHARD
UKC Forum Member

Yadkin River Tom Tom

The best person to talk to would be Jimmy Meeks and Jack Dobson From Nc.

Old Post 07-19-2011 04:43 AM
PRITCHARD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PRITCHARD Click here to Send PRITCHARD a Private Message Click Here to Email PRITCHARD Find more posts by PRITCHARD Add PRITCHARD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Proulx
UKC Forum Member

Call me sometime I can let you know about these hounds I'm the one that won the world tiltles with these hounds 860 609-3175

Old Post 07-19-2011 02:49 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coondog116
This was 1987 No dog won the world that year.

3 GRNITECH Sheppard's Hardtime Jim 07/20/79 Eng Mike Raef GRNITECH Hayes' Hard Time Speck Davis' Kashs Kim
4 WNITECH GRNITECH'PR'Bellar's Pac-Man 05/20/82 TW Russell Bellar GRNITECH'PR'Bellar's Ky.River Strick NITECH'PR'Track Finder Brandy
5 NITECH'PR'Bellar's Indiana Dusty 09/20/82 TW Chuck Bellar GRNITECH'PR'Bellar's Indiana Shep GRNITECH'PR'Deventer's Treeing Penny

Randall, Raef, Russ and Chuck.......that had to be one of the greatest spectacles ever in this sport. And all that dogpower with no coons scored? Where tha heck were those guys hunting anyway?????

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-19-2011 03:56 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Randall, Raef, Russ and Chuck.......that had to be one of the greatest spectacles ever in this sport. And all that dogpower with no coons scored? Where tha heck were those guys hunting anyway?????

wasn't it evermans joe that place 1st that year.. it was a 3 hour hunt it was joe , tom tom , jim, pacman placed in that order. if it would have been a two hour hunt tom would have won looking at the score card. i have that old issue and happened to be looking at that not long ago. and remembered that tom would have won if it would have been a two hour hunt. i think he would have been about 75 plus after two hours. but yes after three hours nobody ended up above zero so they just placed them acording to their score and nobody was crowned the world champion. but the joe dog got 1st place. jim they scored coons but after the hunt time was up they were all in the minus colum.. they scored like on 3coons i think... and chuck was beat out by russ in the cast to get in the final 4. that female chuck was hunting was tearing itg up until he drew out with pacman and his dad russ.

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Last edited by jay brademeyer on 07-19-2011 at 06:29 PM

Old Post 07-19-2011 06:25 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dentre
UKC Forum Member

Yadkin blood

I use to own a hound, h is name was (GR. Nite Champion PR Yadkin Magic River View). If I wasn't trying to get my own bloodline started (Split Creek History blood), I would definetly go with the Yadkin blood. Duke or who ever got this bloodline going it is the real deal. I would like to find me another good young hound from the Yadkin blood lines.

Old Post 07-20-2011 01:17 AM
Dentre is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dentre Click here to Send Dentre a Private Message Find more posts by Dentre Add Dentre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt Mays
UKC Forum Member

i have a super nice female with tricolor tom tom in third generation,

Old Post 07-20-2011 01:30 AM
Matt Mays is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Mays Click here to Send Matt Mays a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt Mays Find more posts by Matt Mays Add Matt Mays to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondog116
UKC Forum Member

No evermans joe in the top 20

6 GRNITECH'PR'Charley Creek Beauty 03/30/77 TW Richard A Brothers GRNITECH GRCH Gold Creek Mundo PR'Smotherman's Little Lady
7 GRNITECH CH'PR'Logan's Wild Clover 08/01/79 TW Lee M Logan GRNITECH'PR'Owens' Hardwood Bozo GRNITECH'PR'Logan's Wild Julie
8 GRNITECH'PR'Norm's Tree Picker 02/15/85 Eng Normon Davis NITECH Cassidy's Scioto Jim NITECH'PR'Holden's Speed
9 GRNITECH Hutch's Crazy 12/10/80 Eng Homer Hutcheson GRNITECH Jewells Wild Willy CH NITECH Wilder's Silver Sue
10 NITECH'PR'Stylish Thunder Girl 04/22/85 TW Gary Bridenbaugh GRNITECH'PR'Wick's Thunder GRNITECH'PR'Schmersal's Stylish Queen
11 GRNITECH GRCH'PR'Wilcox' Thunder Bingo 11/01/82 Eng L.L. Wilcox GRNITECH GRCH Wilcox' Thunder J.R. GRNITECH GRCH Dickey's Old Sandy
12 GRNITECH CH'PR'Hicountry's Nite Heat 05/03/83 TW Gary L Davis GRNITECH'PR'Owens' Hardwood Bozo NITECH'PR'Sheffield's Cry Baby
13 GRNITECH Briar Creek Molly B 05/16/85 Eng Mike Gilbert GRNITECH Briar Creek Chopper GRNITECH Hardtime Miss Piggy
14 CH GRNITECH'PR'Scaggs' Black Queen 12/10/83 B&T Randy Scaggs CH GRNITECH'PR'Kirkland & Logan's Gunner PR'Henderson's Hachcoon Kate
15 GRNITECH'PR'Waters' Porter I 12/01/82 B&T Timothy L Waters NITECH'PR'Knabb's Jesse James PR'Knabb's Black Judy
16 GRNITECH'PR'Southern Sound Jake 05/06/83 TW George G Monroe NITECH'PR'Yadkin River Jeff PR'David's Dinah
17 GRNITECH GRCH'PR'Ogden's Fall River Polly 06/22/83 TW Ralph Ogden PR'Hickory Creek Luke PR'Ogden's Fall River Liz
18 NITECH'PR'Gibson's Rock 05/12/83 TW Basil Gibson GRNITECH'PR'Finley's Tug River Rip PR'Moore's Fancy Pants
19 NITECH'PR'Ike's Wood Blaz. Deuce II 02/08/83 TW Kenneth W Ikerd GRCH GRNITECH'PR'Timber Blazing Deuce PR'Timber Blazin' Daisy
20 NITECH'PR'Orange Creek Penny 10/26/81 TW Keith Powers GRNITECH CH'PR'Dohoney's Rock PR'Rowland's Buckeye Lucky

No World Champion in 1987. The coon was not treed--First place went to the highest scoring dog

Old Post 07-20-2011 03:36 AM
coondog116 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondog116 Click here to Send coondog116 a Private Message Click Here to Email coondog116 Find more posts by coondog116 Add coondog116 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walkerman101
UKC Forum Member

i got a bitch out of tri color tom tom havent put her in many hunts think im gunna push her when i get home shes a nice bitch and deserves that i think , pluse i think she will throw some pritty pups.

Ch'PR' Git r' Done Dixi (tricolor bred)

'PR' Foul Weather Storm(Spring Creek Dewey)

Old Post 07-20-2011 06:47 AM
Walkerman101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walkerman101 Click here to Send Walkerman101 a Private Message Click Here to Email Walkerman101 Visit Walkerman101's homepage! Find more posts by Walkerman101 Add Walkerman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimF
UKC Forum Member

Jay is right about Joe. I also have the magazine. Tom Giles owner and Ken Adair Handler. For some reason it was not shown under the history of the world hunts.

Old Post 07-21-2011 12:43 AM
JimF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JimF Click here to Send JimF a Private Message Click Here to Email JimF Find more posts by JimF Add JimF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

YES THEY TREED COONS IN THAT FINAL CAST BUT NO ONE ENDED WITH PLUS AFTER THE HUNT WAS OVER. THEY HAD MORE MINUS THAN PLUS.. EVERMANS JOE WAS HIGH SCORING DOG THAT YEAR , TOM WAS SECOND, HARDTIME JIM 3RD, AND PAC MAN 4TH.

Old Post 07-21-2011 03:08 AM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondog116
UKC Forum Member

Hear is the link to the history page no evermans joe and no pic of him in the final

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/...nHistoryWNH1987

Old Post 07-21-2011 10:20 AM
JimF
UKC Forum Member

It didn't show him on the cover. It had a picture of the final four because there was no world ch that year. I will see if I scan it for you guys.

Old Post 07-22-2011 03:23 AM
JimF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JimF Click here to Send JimF a Private Message Click Here to Email JimF Find more posts by JimF Add JimF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimF
UKC Forum Member

Coondog 116, guess I don't need to scan it. The picture is on your link. Joe is the dog all the way to the right. He is shown with handler Ken Adair.

Old Post 07-22-2011 03:28 AM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

pictured on cover final four left to right.. russ bellar and pacman4th,, alvis coffman and tom 2nd,,, mike reaf hrd time jim 3rd,,, and ken adair with evermans joe1st far right . no world champ but joe was 1st...for what ever reason they don't have him on that list and they started the list with with the second place dog is behond me....i wish i new how to post pics. i would scan the score card and article in that mag. because i have have it .

Last edited by jay brademeyer on 07-22-2011 at 07:21 AM

Old Post 07-22-2011 07:15 AM
jackbob42
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coondog116
No evermans joe in the top 20

6 GRNITECH'PR'Charley Creek Beauty 03/30/77 TW Richard A Brothers GRNITECH GRCH Gold Creek Mundo PR'Smotherman's Little Lady
7 GRNITECH CH'PR'Logan's Wild Clover 08/01/79 TW Lee M Logan GRNITECH'PR'Owens' Hardwood Bozo GRNITECH'PR'Logan's Wild Julie
8 GRNITECH'PR'Norm's Tree Picker 02/15/85 Eng Normon Davis NITECH Cassidy's Scioto Jim NITECH'PR'Holden's Speed
9 GRNITECH Hutch's Crazy 12/10/80 Eng Homer Hutcheson GRNITECH Jewells Wild Willy CH NITECH Wilder's Silver Sue
10 NITECH'PR'Stylish Thunder Girl 04/22/85 TW Gary Bridenbaugh GRNITECH'PR'Wick's Thunder GRNITECH'PR'Schmersal's Stylish Queen
11 GRNITECH GRCH'PR'Wilcox' Thunder Bingo 11/01/82 Eng L.L. Wilcox GRNITECH GRCH Wilcox' Thunder J.R. GRNITECH GRCH Dickey's Old Sandy
12 GRNITECH CH'PR'Hicountry's Nite Heat 05/03/83 TW Gary L Davis GRNITECH'PR'Owens' Hardwood Bozo NITECH'PR'Sheffield's Cry Baby
13 GRNITECH Briar Creek Molly B 05/16/85 Eng Mike Gilbert GRNITECH Briar Creek Chopper GRNITECH Hardtime Miss Piggy
14 CH GRNITECH'PR'Scaggs' Black Queen 12/10/83 B&T Randy Scaggs CH GRNITECH'PR'Kirkland & Logan's Gunner PR'Henderson's Hachcoon Kate
15 GRNITECH'PR'Waters' Porter I 12/01/82 B&T Timothy L Waters NITECH'PR'Knabb's Jesse James PR'Knabb's Black Judy
16 GRNITECH'PR'Southern Sound Jake 05/06/83 TW George G Monroe NITECH'PR'Yadkin River Jeff PR'David's Dinah
17 GRNITECH GRCH'PR'Ogden's Fall River Polly 06/22/83 TW Ralph Ogden PR'Hickory Creek Luke PR'Ogden's Fall River Liz
18 NITECH'PR'Gibson's Rock 05/12/83 TW Basil Gibson GRNITECH'PR'Finley's Tug River Rip PR'Moore's Fancy Pants
19 NITECH'PR'Ike's Wood Blaz. Deuce II 02/08/83 TW Kenneth W Ikerd GRCH GRNITECH'PR'Timber Blazing Deuce PR'Timber Blazin' Daisy
20 NITECH'PR'Orange Creek Penny 10/26/81 TW Keith Powers GRNITECH CH'PR'Dohoney's Rock PR'Rowland's Buckeye Lucky

No World Champion in 1987. The coon was not treed--First place went to the highest scoring dog

Notice this list does not start out with dog #1.
It starts with dog #2.
Seems like they would fix that.

BackWoods River Walkers/Beagles
Just all 'round , meat gettin' hounds.

Old Post 07-22-2011 01:21 PM
jackbob42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jackbob42 Click here to Send jackbob42 a Private Message Find more posts by jackbob42 Add jackbob42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brujan182
UKC Forum Member

Tom

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Duke Proulx
Call me sometime I can let you know about these hounds I'm the one that won the world tiltles with these hounds 860 609-3175 [

I hunted with Yadkin River Tom Tom, he was a coon dog. Chop mouth track and tree. Barked a LOT on the ground.
I also started Tri Color Tom Tom. He started very easy. Would tree his own coon at 8 or 9 months. Randall Meyers owned him then. After he left here he was mishandled. Ihunted with him just before Duke got him and he was a mess. Duke has to be a good dog man to from what he was when he got him to World Champion.

Old Post 09-20-2013 03:19 AM
brujan182 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brujan182 Click here to Send brujan182 a Private Message Click Here to Email brujan182 Find more posts by brujan182 Add brujan182 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote