UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Made my decision
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ncklms1
Banned

Made my decision

I decided that I was going to start out with English coonhounds for my first type of coonhounds. My uncle had always had english dogs out of the hardtymes line of dogs and I decided that since the first coonhound I ever bought was english, I was going to try breeding english and see how it works. Wish me the best of luck.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-25-2011 02:00 AM
ncklms1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ncklms1 Click here to Send ncklms1 a Private Message Click Here to Email ncklms1 Find more posts by ncklms1 Add ncklms1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

I sho nuf do wish you de best of LUCK.

Old Post 10-25-2011 07:55 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plentyofpossum
UKC Forum Member

Me personally, i'm color blind when it comes to dogs. I don't care what color it is as long as it gets the job done. And I don't care if it is mixed. Too many people get wrapped up in breed, papers, or specific line. We all do this to have fun with these dogs and our friends. Since your just starting out try to keep in mind why you started coonhunting in the first place. We as hunters forget that from time to time. Good luck and good hunting.

Old Post 10-25-2011 06:40 PM
plentyofpossum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plentyofpossum Click here to Send plentyofpossum a Private Message Find more posts by plentyofpossum Add plentyofpossum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ncklms1
Banned

plentyofpossum

thank you for reminding me of that. I had to single register the english female I had first gotten. SHE IS AN AMAZING COONHOUND. Wouldn't mind having all my dogs like her and being cross bred lol.

Old Post 10-25-2011 08:23 PM
ncklms1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ncklms1 Click here to Send ncklms1 a Private Message Click Here to Email ncklms1 Find more posts by ncklms1 Add ncklms1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

English Hounds

You picked a good breed.As good as any that is out there.Hardtymes bred dogs were,and still are,a darn good breed of English.And Dave Tackett is one of the finest guys you'll ever meet.(Not to mention as comical as they come.LOL!!)There are plenty of well bred English dogs to pick from.Ken Johnson lives up in your neck of the woods.He's got some good blood in his hounds too.Take a good hard look at Rory Cowles' Big River Jesse Lee.Whatever your pick,best of luck to ya.
Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 10-25-2011 08:55 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

i cut my teeth on a english redtick always have a part of me that wants to get one..good luck to ya

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 10-25-2011 09:42 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote