UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > HTX question again
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

HTX question again

Is the handler suppose to call his dog when struck and treed?

If a dog stops barking on the tree, does the inspector place that dog on two minutes?

If not when do you decide that the dog has stopped treeing?

This happened on the first one I attended. I was inspecting and the handler didn't strick his dog. After it treed, the dog would stop barking so I placd him on the 2 minutes. I was told there is no two minute rules in the HTX and no where do I see it in the rules.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-26-2016 04:49 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

It says dog has to tree five min

Old Post 04-26-2016 05:45 PM
bluetick250 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetick250 Click here to Send bluetick250 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetick250 Find more posts by bluetick250 Add bluetick250 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

the dog only has to bark once every 8 min. which is really a screwed up rule.

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 04-27-2016 01:50 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

How about on the tree?

Old Post 04-27-2016 02:06 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

nothing on the tree except for the 8 min. rule. you can go to the dog after the 5 is up even without a bark as long as it shows you what tree it is on.

Old Post 04-27-2016 05:45 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

Where do u get that from how do u get to a dog that ain't barking

Old Post 04-28-2016 12:32 AM
bluetick250 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetick250 Click here to Send bluetick250 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetick250 Find more posts by bluetick250 Add bluetick250 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

HTX

Licensing Requirements:

1. Hunt Tests are only available to UKC approved clubs.
2. Hunt Tests may only be held at established club event and meeting sites.
3. Hunt Tests do not count against the number of licensed events that a club may hold.
4. Hunt Tests may be conducted on any night of the week except for Sunday.
5. There is no mileage conflict between clubs that wish to hold Hunt Tests on the same night.
6. Hunt Test date and location (with directions) must be listed in the Hunt Test Schedule on the UKC website at www.ukcdogs.com no less than 30 days prior to the Hunt Test.

Entry Requirements:

7. Owner and Handler must be in good standing with United Kennel Club and must present a current Easy Entry Card or Registration Certificate at time of entry.

Fees:

8. There is no license fee to the club to conduct a Hunt Test. The club must pay a recording fee of $3 per dog tested regardless of whether the dog passes or fails.

Forms:

9. Hunt Test Evaluation Forms and Hunt Test Report Forms may be downloaded free of charge from the Forms page of the UKC website. Forms are also available for a minimal fee by contacting United Kennel Club.

10. All completed hunt test forms must be kept on file by the host club for a period of one year. Both pass and fail forms must be kept on file. Hunt Test Report Forms must be filled out by the host club and sent to UKC with recording fees within 10 days.

Titles:

11. Upon the completion of three (3) successful hunt test passes by the three different inspectors, a dog will be issued the title of HTX as a suffix to the dog’s UKC registered name. The owner of record will be sent a degree and new Easy Entry card verifying the achievement.

12. Multiple titles may be earned for each additional three (3) successful hunt test passes. Multiple titles will be indicated by a numerical addition to the HTX title such as HTX2, HTX3, etc. The owner of record will be sent a degree and new Easy Entry card for each additional title.

Hunt Test Evaluation Rules

There is no restriction as to the number of people who may accompany an evaluation, except in cases where it will jeopardize permission of the guide.

1. Dogs must be free cast to search for wild game. Evaluations may not be done:
A) in enclosures

B) off feeders

C) on game seen crossing road2. Dogs shall be hunted for one hour. If the dog is trailing as time runs out, hunting time may be extended for an additional 15 minutes if the dog has not completed the requirements for a pass during the hour. Dogs shall be picked up prior to completion of the hour for having committed two of the listed standard faults or the same standard fault on two separate occasions.

3. Dogs shall either pass or fail the evaluation. A dog will be awarded a pass for satisfying each of the Standard Requirements on the same track, while hunting for one hour, without committing two Standard Faults.

4. Requirements Defined

A) Went Hunting - Dog must go hunting alone and search for track. Hunters may proceed slowly in the direction they wish to hunt but are not to walk a dog that will not go hunting without first considering it one fault.

B) Open on Track - Dogs must open on track at least every 8 minutes. Dogs that tree without first opening on track will not be penalized, nor will they receive a pass on that track for the open trailing requirement.

C) Treed & Stay Treed - Once it is determined that the dog has settled on a tree, dog must be allowed to tree for a period of five minutes before hunters arrive.

D) Coon Seen - A handler may use as much of his hunting time as he wishes (within reason) to search a tree. A dog may receive credit if the coon is found in a tree no more than one tree away where a coon could have legitimately crossed over. At least one of the inspectors must see the coon.5. Faults Defined

A) Off Game - Dog will receive a fault for running, treeing, baying or catching off game. Any animal other than a coon will be considered off game. Handlers will be required to use their one hour hunting time to recover dogs running fast game.

B) Slick Tree - Dog will receive a fault for treeing on a tree where it is obvious there is no coon.

C) Quit Track - When it's obvious that a dog has quit a track that he was open on and attempting to work he will be faulted. Failure to open for 8 minutes will be considered quitting.

D) Handling Issues - If dog cannot be caught to be handled at tree, truck or in the woods, it shall receive a fault. If the dog bites any participant, it shall receive a fault.

E) Leaving Tree / Milling Around - Inspectors should give plenty of leniency in regard to treeing style. However, dogs that leave tree will be faulted as will dogs that are off the tree showing a lack of serious interest in treeing.

F) Failed To Hunt - Dogs are required to make an honest effort to go hunting alone. Failure to do so will result in a fault.
6. Owner / Handler Sportsmanship Disqualification - Inspectors may be asked questions regarding their evaluation in the field. If at any time the tone gets confrontational, inspectors are instructed to immediately fail the dog. Should a handler disagree with an evaluation, they may submit a written explanation of their disagreement to UKC within 7 days. UKC will review prior to recording evaluation.

7. Electronic Devices Prohibited. Training collar may be worn but transmitter must be left at vehicle. No electronic squallers. Tracking collars are permitted and there are no restrictions in using them. No other electronic devices besides a hunting light may be used.

8. Taking Game Prohibited. Individuals found guilty of taking any game or damaging any dens or trees will be dealt with under the Inherent Rights and Powers of United Kennel Club, Inc. Additionally, state and local laws must always be followed.

9. Inspectors. It is not permissible for individuals to inspect each other’s dogs on a given night.

10 Assistance. Individuals needing assistance may utilize personal transportation during a hunt test.

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 04-28-2016 03:50 AM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

Ok so if a dog stops treeing what do u do than

Old Post 04-28-2016 11:32 PM
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

Ok so if a dog stops treeing what do u do than

Old Post 04-28-2016 11:32 PM
amblue
UKC Forum Member

we have judged htx dogs with same rules as open dogs no problems why should you judge them different you are trying to make everything more comp than really is. tks butch

Old Post 04-28-2016 11:36 PM
amblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amblue Click here to Send amblue a Private Message Click Here to Email amblue Find more posts by amblue Add amblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

We been judging same way as a night hunt to done times common sense needs to come to play

Old Post 04-29-2016 01:34 AM
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Omg more vague rules. I thought the htx was a little more cut and dried. Black and white pass or fail.
Rule 5 e " a lack of serious interest in treeing" in my book a dog that only barks once in 5 minutes is showing a lack of serious interest in treeing. Don't care if he birddogs the tree all night that's not treeing

Old Post 04-29-2016 02:00 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

My opinion is when he stops treeing, stop and put the 8 on him. You can't use your garmin to head to where it shows him treed. Putting a HTX degree on a dog that will not bark at the tree means the HTX degree will be as worthless as some of these nt. ch dogs.

Old Post 04-29-2016 04:32 AM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

Y would u start a 8 that means the dog took a fault cause now it's trailing again right because the 8 is to keep strike open just asking

Old Post 04-29-2016 03:39 PM
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J I Allen
My opinion is when he stops treeing, stop and put the 8 on him. You can't use your garmin to head to where it shows him treed. Putting a HTX degree on a dog that will not bark at the tree means the HTX degree will be as worthless as some of these nt. ch dogs.
wrong, there is no restrictions on the use of a tracking collar.

Old Post 04-30-2016 05:34 PM
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

When you have to use a garmin to find your dog at the tree because he doesn't bark at the tree, you've got a real coon hound. Rules need to be changed showing a treed dog must be barking same as in a nite hunt, also cannot use the garmin to call your dog. If we're going to put titles on underserving dogs, why don't UKC just mail everybody a nt. ch degree when a dog is 16 months and a gr. nt. ch title when they're about 30 months old. Seems people are to quick to want to put titles on dogs that just don't cut the mustard.

Old Post 04-30-2016 05:57 PM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

This silly crap is why we no longer have them. I mean they pretty much have to kill a farmers goat before they consider it bad lol. Rules should be exactly the same as for a hunt. I do not think it's right at all to walk a dog in the direction you want it to hunt. Htx aint costing anyone anything for ukc to have so its here to stay. Plus it makes them a tiny bit of money.

Old Post 04-30-2016 07:09 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote