UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Most IMPROVED breed
What is the most IMPROVED breed
This poll is closed.
Treeing Walker 53 15.10%
English 105 29.91%
Redbone 65 18.52%
Plott 7 1.99%
Bluetick 79 22.51%
Black & Tan 42 11.97%
Total: 351 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

Most IMPROVED breed

What breed has made the biggest improvements over the past 5 to 10 years. Winning,reproducing,better breeding etc

Jeremy Harris

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-14-2012 02:16 PM
bigdiezel79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdiezel79 Click here to Send bigdiezel79 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdiezel79 Find more posts by bigdiezel79 Add bigdiezel79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

YOU FORGOT AMERICAN LEOPARD HOUND!!!

Old Post 07-14-2012 02:58 PM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hey Preacher!!!

Darn I sure did.

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 07-14-2012 03:13 PM
bigdiezel79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdiezel79 Click here to Send bigdiezel79 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdiezel79 Find more posts by bigdiezel79 Add bigdiezel79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
There isnt a single leapord hound in the country doing any winning according to the lastest bloodlines in the performance points earned.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 07-14-2012 03:55 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The most improvement usually comes from those who were the farthest back to start with. Unless they just ain't going nowhere.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-14-2012 04:36 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
The most improvement usually comes from those who were the farthest back to start with. Unless they just ain't going nowhere.

WELL THAT LEAVES THE ENGLISH DOGS OUT......

Old Post 07-14-2012 05:02 PM
smokin-1-mo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smokin-1-mo Click here to Send smokin-1-mo a Private Message Click Here to Email smokin-1-mo Find more posts by smokin-1-mo Add smokin-1-mo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dirtdevil
Banned

I think English would be the most improved by far .... they are on a roll.

Old Post 07-14-2012 05:03 PM
Dirtdevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dirtdevil Click here to Send Dirtdevil a Private Message Find more posts by Dirtdevil Add Dirtdevil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StrawberryMt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
There isnt a single leapord hound in the country doing any winning according to the lastest bloodlines in the performance points earned.
Not all the ones that are,are performanced. The one I'm handling been doing it at an Rqe and slam so no performance points. Was also a leopard that won winter classic.

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Old Post 07-14-2012 05:08 PM
StrawberryMt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StrawberryMt Click here to Send StrawberryMt a Private Message Click Here to Email StrawberryMt Find more posts by StrawberryMt Add StrawberryMt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

5 yrs ago the leopards were still curs. No wonder he didn't list them Actually I've not noticed any improvements. The walkers are still winning most. The English second most. If anything has stepped it up a notch. I may have over looked it.

Old Post 07-14-2012 05:22 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

English

Without a doubt!!!!!!
Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 07-14-2012 06:17 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cody Carroll
UKC Forum Member

I'm gonna go with blueticks. Walkers are still the best but blue dogs have stepped it up a little to what they used to be in my opinion

proud member of the United States Navy Submarine Force

Former home of:
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Hardwood Ontime Abby

Old Post 07-14-2012 06:26 PM
Cody Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cody Carroll Click here to Send Cody Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email Cody Carroll Find more posts by Cody Carroll Add Cody Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

if you guys base your judgment of improvment by nite hunts wins how do you know it just aint english owners found some better handlers?

Old Post 07-14-2012 08:33 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
if you guys base your judgment of improvment by nite hunts wins how do you know it just aint english owners found some better handlers?

I think some misunderstand me or didnt read the breeding or traits part. LOL

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 07-14-2012 08:42 PM
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

aww its just me, i have had a crooked hair about what the term well bred means ever since i read a post on a fighting dog. the guy ask how he could stop the dog from tree fighting and in the same breath said the dog was too well bred to give up on. tree fighting and well bred is such a contradiction.. names on papers do not make a dog well bred.
i have seen grade dogs that were actually better bred dogs then some with all grands on the papers.
i like a dog that is kinda tight mouthed ,drifts a old track and has the coon. if it can do that to me its well bred no matter what color its got on. people trying to breed for nite hunts will hurt thier breed in the long run. breeding for the loose mouthed first strike and the no checkin the tree cause it takes away from the first tree. i dont nite hunt anymore ,but even when i did i had to have dogs with enough nose and brains to do it right in the bad michigan winters too.
sorry , this probly has nothin to do with answering what you asked about.i'm just an old man running his mouth some more.

Old Post 07-14-2012 08:58 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
aww its just me, i have had a crooked hair about what the term well bred means ever since i read a post on a fighting dog. the guy ask how he could stop the dog from tree fighting and in the same breath said the dog was too well bred to give up on. tree fighting and well bred is such a contradiction.. names on papers do not make a dog well bred.
i have seen grade dogs that were actually better bred dogs then some with all grands on the papers.
i like a dog that is kinda tight mouthed ,drifts a old track and has the coon. if it can do that to me its well bred no matter what color its got on. people trying to breed for nite hunts will hurt thier breed in the long run. breeding for the loose mouthed first strike and the no checkin the tree cause it takes away from the first tree. i dont nite hunt anymore ,but even when i did i had to have dogs with enough nose and brains to do it right in the bad michigan winters too.
sorry , this probly has nothin to do with answering what you asked about.i'm just an old man running his mouth some more.

No problem I like talking with you TC. I agree with the well bred and fighter deal. I dont care what the papers say if it fights it doesnt get fed by me it gets put to sleep

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 07-14-2012 09:02 PM
old ben
UKC Forum Member

i wish it was the red dog love to see something new in m

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 07-14-2012 09:29 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by old ben
i wish it was the red dog love to see something new in m

I like a redbone myself but it isnt much out there to choose from

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 07-14-2012 09:35 PM
BWSupplies
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cody Carroll
I'm gonna go with blueticks. Walkers are still the best but blue dogs have stepped it up a little to what they used to be in my opinion

I own Blue Dawgs and I'll go out on a limb and say they have always been around the top of the breed chain. The only reason they are starting to be seen more is because the owners are starting to put them out in the public more. I know of plenty to nice hounds that will put the smoke on any big name dog out there but they have been tucked away from hunts.

The walker dogs will always be on the top and that's simple to see why, they are the largest and most bread dog out there in the hunts.

bwsupplies@aol.com
704-791-7751
36479 NC HWY 49
New London, NC, 28127
President of the SBA
Member of the BBOA & BBCHA
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Backwoods-Supplies/167389623298613

Old Post 07-14-2012 10:21 PM
BWSupplies is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWSupplies Click here to Send BWSupplies a Private Message Click Here to Email BWSupplies Find more posts by BWSupplies Add BWSupplies to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cody Carroll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BWSupplies
I own Blue Dawgs and I'll go out on a limb and say they have always been around the top of the breed chain. The only reason they are starting to be seen more is because the owners are starting to put them out in the public more. I know of plenty to nice hounds that will put the smoke on any big name dog out there but they have been tucked away from hunts.

The walker dogs will always be on the top and that's simple to see why, they are the largest and most bread dog out there in the hunts.

I get what your saying. I was basing my opinion on seeing what's winning lately so I'd say we are along the same thought train. And people hunt what that think will win so my opinion is that's why there are more walkers

Former home of:

Old Post 07-14-2012 11:09 PM
Cody Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cody Carroll Click here to Send Cody Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email Cody Carroll Find more posts by Cody Carroll Add Cody Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cody Carroll
I get what your saying. I was basing my opinion on seeing what's winning lately so I'd say we are along the same thought train. And people hunt what that think will win so my opinion is that's why there are more walkers
Every breed is trying to play catch up with the walker breed. That's the truth but when the jealousy within the blue breed goes away. It will do something then. You can't just breed for what you've crossed 30 yrs. You have to get those females to a reproducing blue male. No matter what either is out of. Then and only then will anything move forward. Yall don't get to mad. That's what I believe. I think some younger blue breeders are going to help the breed out if they stick with it. Carry those females and breed for ability. Not long ears, big heads and color or thickness of coat.

Old Post 07-14-2012 11:46 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

THE REASON EVERYBODY'S HUNTING A WALKER, SAME REASON EVERYBODY WALKS AROUND WITH A 3 ON THEIR HAT!!! EVERYBODY LOVES A WINNER!!!

Old Post 07-15-2012 12:47 AM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cody Carroll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
THE REASON EVERYBODY'S HUNTING A WALKER, SAME REASON EVERYBODY WALKS AROUND WITH A 3 ON THEIR HAT!!! EVERYBODY LOVES A WINNER!!!

I like that. Haha. And it's a good analogy. Those who trash talk walkers know deep down that they just want some of that taste of winning

Former home of:

Old Post 07-15-2012 01:17 AM
R_Wilson
UKC Forum Member

like GADAWG said the blue tick fellas are killing there self with Jealousy!!! They need to throw a heavy rat x harry female in the mix and keep it hush hush and the blues would be tough!

Redbones...well there a handful that are tough, but most of em are miserable or dead.

Lepard hound...Really?

Blsck n tans- The BTTB and KY RV BATMAN, DARK HOLLOW, KANSAS, have some nice ens mixed in there....

Plott- Aint seen a plott tree in a long long long time

English are staarting to get it together...

Walkers have ALWAYS dominated and I dont see that changing.

THESE ARE THE VIEWS OR R_WILSON....

HOME OF 2011 ST.JUDE CHAMPION
HATCHIE RV. MAX

FUELED BY:
SPORTMIX 24/20

Old Post 07-15-2012 02:51 AM
R_Wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R_Wilson Click here to Send R_Wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email R_Wilson Find more posts by R_Wilson Add R_Wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rough Northern
UKC Forum Member

Every breed has one "well on it's way"

Old Post 07-15-2012 02:59 AM
Rough Northern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rough Northern Click here to Send Rough Northern a Private Message Find more posts by Rough Northern Add Rough Northern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by R_Wilson
like GADAWG said the blue tick fellas are killing there self with Jealousy!!! They need to throw a heavy rat x harry female in the mix and keep it hush hush and the blues would be tough!

Redbones...well there a handful that are tough, but most of em are miserable or dead.

Lepard hound...Really?

Blsck n tans- The BTTB and KY RV BATMAN, DARK HOLLOW, KANSAS, have some nice ens mixed in there....

Plott- Aint seen a plott tree in a long long long time

English are staarting to get it together...

Walkers have ALWAYS dominated and I dont see that changing.

THESE ARE THE VIEWS OR R_WILSON....

i think the red bones have come along way from what they was back in the early days most were good honset coon dogs just not competion dogs jmo

Old Post 07-15-2012 03:40 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote