UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > bigtimberkennels (part.deaux)
Pages (742): « First ... « 620 621 [622] 623 624 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

I got a nice cool north breeze & 79 degrees today.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-02-2019 07:53 PM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Mornin all HB where you been hidin at? Got a cool 64 degrees this mornin,no wind to speak of,bout time for them deerhunter's to start buzzin out. And won't be long till it coonin season.

Old Post 09-03-2019 12:00 PM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Haven't seen any trail cameras yet. Usually when I see one in an area I'm hunting, I tread lightly and sometimes abandoned them areas until after the 2nd gun season. Heck the corn isn't gonna be out by the start of deer season. Them guys will be blaming anyone they can for that. I like to take videos of me walking past bedded down deer with my hound hollering in the background and showing them that it doesn't bother them.

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 09-03-2019 07:17 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Yes I'm right on with you on that Nate,my hounds wouldn't run deer did bump a possum when they were young pups but that was the only off game they'd run & quit later on but you couldn't convince them deerhunter's that,I lost good coon huntin ground to them mostly bowhunters.

Old Post 09-04-2019 12:21 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

nice and cool out this morning....

Old Post 09-04-2019 03:59 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rex W Sims
back in the early 80's I went to ARK. to hunt them hogs,i used the bow, killed my the second morning,had one guy from Tenn. that hadn't killed,it was a guaranteed kill hunt,the last day the outfitter said we are taking the dogs and get this guy his kill,and did,,if I knew that was a option ,I would have went that route ,whole lot more excitement .......

I was stationed in Texas for 4.5 years. I got to kill a couple of hogs but only small young ones. Tasty critters. Was wondering if you or any of the other guys here in Illinois read the whole Illinois hunting digest? There was a section in it about wild hogs. For years I heard that they were such prolific breeders that it was only a matter of time before they progressed north. My cousin is a sheriff deputy in Anna. He told me a couple years ago that they have seen wild hogs down there roaming shawnee. In that hunting digest, it had a section about wild hogs that I can't remember verbatim but essential said that the DNR monitors and confirmed the presence of wild hogs but had utilized whatever means to eradicate ALL of them. Just wondered if you or anyone else happened to catch that? I'm sure a lot of other states would like to know how Illinois accomplished complete eradication...

RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 09-04-2019 04:40 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Pseudo rabies virus will work on 'em kills piglets & aborts pigs big time. Bothers respiratory system too. Maybe they through out the virus somehow.

Last edited by bigtimberkennel on 09-04-2019 at 09:19 PM

Old Post 09-04-2019 08:59 PM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Dang its 56 this mornin.

Old Post 09-05-2019 12:01 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

don't worry its going to warm up next week...

Old Post 09-05-2019 09:02 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

I'll take warm over cold any day.😉 Well this mornin I've got buddies both up & down Bears fans are down Packer fans are up ....me my team plays Saturday ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!

Old Post 09-06-2019 11:57 AM
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Angry

quote:
Originally posted by bigtimberkennel ....me my team plays Saturday ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!! [/B]

Oh my goodness

RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:38 PM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

They Rolled right over New Mexico State,had a nice shower suns comin out & tryin to get muggy.

Old Post 09-08-2019 08:44 PM
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

New Mexico State??? HA! had showers this morning. sure don't want to see that heat come back. be chopping silage soon bottom 3rd of corn starting to turn No sign of HB? hope everything is alright

RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 09-08-2019 09:56 PM
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Haven't seen much of HB on FB either. But I haven't been able to get on much. We got a metal roof put on the house and now I don't get a good cellphone signal. Don't have a computer and don't really want one, so I'll get on when I can.
AO is on my bucket list. We bought my Silverado in February, 2011. Chuck wanted to take it hunting that fall, I told him he could, but if he got it muddy, he had to wash it. Of course, he did and on the way home from the carwash, someone went by him and chipped my windshield. That was the first time he drove it and he probably hasn't drove it more than a dozen times since.

Old Post 09-09-2019 01:26 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Good mornin everybody a fine cool 62 .... but ain't gonna last weatherman says high 80's to low 90's rest of the week.

Old Post 09-09-2019 12:38 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

yes sir warming right up....

Old Post 09-09-2019 08:34 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

Well guys i,ll be in and out labor day help my buddy unload some out end up in the hospital with 3 heart blockages rush me to another hospital been feeling pretty bad

Old Post 09-10-2019 01:59 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Take it easy HB and get yourself heeled up

RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 09-10-2019 04:03 AM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

I figured something wasn't right Hb with you bein over & out w/o a word take it easy buddy & prayers up for ya.

Old Post 09-10-2019 12:07 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

Thanks td sure has been ruff last few days for sure

Old Post 09-10-2019 01:17 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

sure hope you get to feeling better HB..

Old Post 09-10-2019 05:37 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

Thanl ya rex no hunting for this yr can't lift above 5lbs for about 6to 8 wks this put me from wide open to a complete shut down. Wife brought my phone up last nite

Old Post 09-10-2019 11:30 PM
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Boy howdy was it sticky yesterday & the weatherman hit the nail on the head, 73 already & about the same for today hit 89 yesterday, Hb I suppose the sawbones told you quit everything you enjoyed doin?

Old Post 09-11-2019 12:01 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

yep I don't think it will be any better today..i know it wont be for me ,me and the loving woman are headed to the hospital ,they operated on the other brother in law yesterday,,,

Old Post 09-11-2019 03:01 PM
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Take care, HB.
It was supposed to rain today, but so far just humid.

Old Post 09-11-2019 04:57 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote