UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Big Game Hound Classifieds > Cooper, Cummings,Bobcat bred Pups
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Cooper, Cummings,Bobcat bred Pups

I have a litter of pups that are out of eastern Oregon tall timber bobcat dogs. Bloodlines are Art Cooper, Cummings, Charlie Tant, Martin, Mack Twain and Klear Kry on the sire
side and the dam is out of Leo Fischers White Cloud, Cumberland Mt Black Jack, and Roger Holland bloodlines.
3 males and 5 females, I'm keeping a pair and that is the reason for the litter. The sire produces game getting stay put,layup treedogs that run and tree off body scent. The pups are not competition bred and make great pup trainers as there is fur in the tree. Ken Risley 608-558-4640

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-23-2016 04:08 AM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steedes
UKC Forum Member

What breed(s) are these

U.S. Army Retired

Run-A-Muck Hounds

Proud Member of:
Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association
Wyoming Federation of Houndsmen
Idaho Houndsmen Ass’n
National Hound and Tree Dog Association
United States Sportsmen's Alliance

Old Post 08-23-2016 06:36 PM
steedes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steedes Click here to Send steedes a Private Message Find more posts by steedes Add steedes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steedes
UKC Forum Member

Price also, please text pics to 920-213-6764

U.S. Army Retired

Run-A-Muck Hounds

Proud Member of:
Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association
Wyoming Federation of Houndsmen
Idaho Houndsmen Ass’n
National Hound and Tree Dog Association
United States Sportsmen's Alliance

Old Post 08-23-2016 06:38 PM
steedes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steedes Click here to Send steedes a Private Message Find more posts by steedes Add steedes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Bobcat bred pups

They are treeing walker. Sire is single registered, dam is registered.

Old Post 08-23-2016 07:12 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Bobcat bred pups

Dam:Klear Kry White Cloud Dottie
**********************Holland White Cloud King
*******************Hopman Boone Boy
**********************Hollands Star
*****************Hopman Champ
**********************Cumberland Mt Black Jack
*******************Hopman Belle
**********************Nt. Ch. Bear Creek Squek
***********Hopman Buddy
*******************Hopman Bone Boy
***************** Hopman Ann
**********************Gr. Nt Mears Finley River Dan
*******************Farrah Fawcett
**********************Gr C Mears Finley River Jane
*****White Cloud Dottie
**********************Causey's Stride IV
*******************Holland White Cloud King
**********************Ray's White Cloud Pepsi
****************Johnsons White Cloud Roper
**********************White Cloud Bob
*******************Fishers White Cloud Sadie
**********************Causeys White Cloud Ele
**********Mitchells White Cloud Pearl
*********************Holland White Cloud King
*******************Fishers White Cloud Hawk
*********************Hollands Star
****************Fishers White Cloud Star
*********************Mels Howlers Knot
*******************Fishers Queen
*********************Mels Becky

Dottie was broke off coon and I'm a coonhunter. I bought her a year ago to cross onto Art Cooper. She is 7 years old. This is very old breeding that have a reputation for being tough, cold nosed heads up hard running, body scenting dogs.

Sire: Klear Krys Mr. Art Cooper
*************************Klear Kry Tramp
***********************Klear Kry Spots Image
*************************Klear Kry Nellie
**********Klear Kry Rounder
*************************Coopers Bawley
***********************Klear Kry Charli Tants Dottie
*************************Coopers Jill
***Klear Kry Mr. Art Cooper
*************************Johnsons White Cloud Roper
***********************Cummings Tuffy
*************************Cummings Kate
**********Cummings Sandy
**************************Cummings/Coopers Bones
***********************Cummings Maggie
**************************Cooper/Cummings Lady

I once asked he late Art Cooper what qualified a dog for it to be considered for breeding and he stated that they had to have treed 32 bobcats in a year. I've never hunted in eastern Oregon for bobcats, but I'm sure that very few of the eastern US bred dogs could accurately locate cats in trees where it is 100 feet to the first branch.
I've had the Klear Kry line since 1972 and it has been family bred on Roy Jacksons Queen, Mack Twain, Motley, Baxley, Tinsley and Risley's Mick. If these pups make the grade one will be mated to the Deventers Penney dogs if I live that long.
Price $300, 608-558-4640
Pups born 7-1-2016,
Thanks for your time.

Old Post 08-23-2016 08:44 PM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Bobcat/ Bear/ Coondog bred Pups

Two females left. These pups have the potential to run cold tracks with their heads up. They run body scent if possible and not track scent. Art Cooper, Tant, California White Cloud, Hopman, Holland, Mack Twain breeding. Tree where the game is and not where it was. Pups are 9 weeks old and running loose on the farm. Bold pups, that come when called. 608-558-4640.

Old Post 09-09-2016 04:09 PM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bobcat bred pups

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
***********Hopman Buddy
*****White Cloud Dottie

Dottie was broke off coon and I'm a coonhunter. I bought her a year ago to cross onto Art Cooper. She is 7 years old. This is very old breeding that have a reputation for being tough, cold nosed heads up hard running, body scenting dogs.

**********Cummings Sandy

I once asked he late Art Cooper what qualified a dog for it to be considered for breeding and he stated that they had to have treed 32 bobcats in a year. I've never hunted in eastern Oregon for bobcats, but I'm sure that very few of the eastern US bred dogs could accurately locate cats in trees where it is 100 feet to the first branch.
I've had the Klear Kry line since 1972 and it has been family bred on Roy Jacksons Queen, Mack Twain, Motley, Baxley, Tinsley and Risley's Mick. If these pups make the grade one will be mated to the Deventers Penney dogs if I live that long.
Price $300, 608-558-4640
Pups born 7-1-2016,
Thanks for your time.

I'll be making this cross again this week if you are interested. I have good reports on the pups from last year.

Old Post 06-09-2017 01:53 PM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Art Cooper X White Cloud Dottie Pups

Dottie had 10 pups on 8/12/17, Four males and four females are alive. Five are spoken for already, but I don't know what sex you prefer. If you have spoken for one then please contact me with your preferred sex. References on the last litter are available. 608-558-4640, Ken Risley

Old Post 08-15-2017 01:24 PM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
***********Hopman Buddy
*****White Cloud Dottie

**********Cummings Sandy

Price $300, 608-558-4640
Pups born 7-1-2016,
Thanks for your time.

Grt. Nt. Ch. PKC CH 2015 Grandmaster Ch Deventers Klear Kry Penney was bred to Klear Kry Jack and he is from this cross of Art and Dottie and is due 2/14/2021and getting bigger every day. Jack is the same style of dog as Penney. See Penney pedigree under UKC Dogs for Sale

Old Post 01-26-2021 12:42 AM
trueplotts
UKC Forum Member

Interested in a pup

Old Post 01-30-2021 08:35 PM
trueplotts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trueplotts Click here to Send trueplotts a Private Message Find more posts by trueplotts Add trueplotts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Penney and Jack Pups

Penney had 7 pups; five females and two males. Contact me with name and phone number if interested. As usual references are required. Price will vary from $500 to $1000 for first pick. Another posting is on UKC Treeing Walk Dogs for sale; Deventers Klear Kry Penney Thanks for your time. As ever, Ken Risley 608-558-4640

Old Post 02-14-2021 08:43 PM
Darren barkman
UKC Forum Member

Ped

I’m wondering if something like this would work on putting some good coon hounds that can run a track on the ground what do u think.

Old Post 02-22-2021 10:21 PM
Darren barkman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren barkman Click here to Send Darren barkman a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren barkman Find more posts by Darren barkman Add Darren barkman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Breeding Better Dogs

I believe in linebreeding a line if you like what you have to maintain it. But if you want to improve on a trait in the line it is quicker to outcross onto another line or an individual that is dominate for that trait, but you take a chance on loosing what you like about the original line.
The Penney and Jack cross is an outcross using two lines that are very similar. Jack is cold nosed and so is Penney. They are both very quick on both ends and run and tree off body scent if possible. If they turnout like I anticipate then I'll be able to cross them back onto either line. Outstanding trackdog are recessive genetically. If you breed a cold nosed track driver to a track straddling sorry track dog you will get more sorry trackdogs as they are usually genetically dominate in that style. Outstanding trackdogs also have to be highly intelligence with very high desire to catch. Sorry dogs shouldn't be bred! This is a 49 year project and I'm enjoying the results. Ken Risley

Old Post 02-23-2021 01:16 AM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ped

quote:
Originally posted by Darren barkman
I’m wondering if something like this would work on putting some good coon hounds that can run a track on the ground what do u think.

We hunted a young male out of Jack ((primarily used for a bear dog) on coons this past kill season and we have been more than impressed with him. His accuracy has me impressed Darren. Hunted him more than the blue dog and you know how much I like the blue dog!

Last edited by Ricochet17 on 03-06-2021 at 05:03 AM

Old Post 02-27-2021 02:14 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Ken could you send me a picture of Slim's pedigree? I can't read the ones you sent me. Thanks.

Old Post 03-09-2021 02:45 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Breeding Better Dogs

quote:
I believe in linebreeding a line if you like what you have to maintain it. But if you want to improve on a trait in the line it is quicker to outcross onto another line or an individual that is dominate for that trait, but you take a chance on loosing what you like about the original line.
The Penney and Jack cross is an outcross using two lines that are very similar. Jack is cold nosed and so is Penney. They are both very quick on both ends and run and tree off body scent if possible. If they turnout like I anticipate then I'll be able to cross them back onto either line. Outstanding trackdog are recessive genetically. If you breed a cold nosed track driver to a track straddling sorry track dog you will get more sorry trackdogs as they are usually genetically dominate in that style. Outstanding trackdogs also have to be highly intelligence with very high desire to catch. Sorry dogs shouldn't be bred! This is a 49 year project and I'm enjoying the results. Ken Risley

Due to 3 years of bad health and sever since Oct 14 I will be lowering my kennel numbers. Over the last 10 years I have practiced what I learned since 1972 and have success at the same time that "Father Time
has come aknocking. 608-558-4640 as ever Ken Risley

Old Post 11-30-2021 06:48 AM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
***********Hopman Buddy
*****White Cloud Dottie

**********Cummings Sandy

Price $300, 608-558-4640
Pups born 7-1-2016,
Thanks for your time.

Old Post 11-30-2021 06:59 AM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Bobcat Bred Pups

Josie has 7 pups out of Tramp II, six weeks old. Josie is a littermate to Star and Jack being out of Art and White Cloud Dottie. Pups from Tramp II and Josie's sister were running coon and bear at 5 months old. See pedigrees in thread for Josie. Tramp II is by Tramp and Penney. $500 608-558-4640 Ken Risley

Old Post 08-08-2022 05:48 PM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bobcat Bred Pups

quote:
Josie has 7 pups out of Tramp II, six weeks old. Josie is a littermate to Star and Jack being out of Art and White Cloud Dottie. Pups from Tramp II and Josie's sister were running coon and bear at 5 months old. See pedigrees in thread for Josie. Tramp II is by Tramp and Penney. $500 608-558-4640 Ken Risley

Old Post 08-08-2022 11:39 PM