UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Other > Garmin 100 vs 200
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ronald schultz
UKC Forum Member

Garmin 100 vs 200

Which is best fir the money?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2021 10:15 PM
ronald schultz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronald schultz Click here to Send ronald schultz a Private Message Find more posts by ronald schultz Add ronald schultz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gvbear
New UKC Forum Member

Garmin 100 vs 200

I have only had to 200 a short time but I switched because of the training setup features, can almost setup everything to use the buttons on the side instead of the touch screen then a person can lock the screen when in the woods, bigger screen is nice, and you can activate and deactivate dogs with out deleting the dog and adding a new one.

I am using the garmin huntview map still figuring out the layers I want on. I used onx in the alpha 100 but heard you couldn't use it in the new alpha 200 but never checked and validated if it did or not.

Another nice thing is the wifi capabilities, you can update it without having to hook up to a laptop and going through that process.

I have not and probably won't use the inreach setup so have not looked into that really.

Only thing I will mention that might be a negative I do not really see it as one is, seems to take a bit longer to boot up and sync with collars than the alpha 100s I had. Not much but it was noticeable.

Old Post 03-05-2021 01:18 PM
gvbear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gvbear Click here to Send gvbear a Private Message Find more posts by gvbear Add gvbear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kordog
UKC Forum Member

had a buddy say the 200 screen was very dim maybe there is a setting where he can change that but that was an issue he had compared to the 100

Old Post 03-17-2021 03:24 PM
kordog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kordog Click here to Send kordog a Private Message Click Here to Email kordog Find more posts by kordog Add kordog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote