UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rule question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

Rule question

If a cast violates a state or federal law is the cast scratched?
Can a cast member refuse to participate in activities that violate said laws and if he refuses does he go back to the club house. If he can go back and state his objection and would he be allowed to get a non hunting judge and go back to the woods

Home of Gr. NITE Ch. Backwoods Lockdown Sam
423-253-5439

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-28-2019 07:14 PM
tnredman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tnredman Click here to Send tnredman a Private Message Click Here to Email tnredman Find more posts by tnredman Add tnredman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

Hmm no answer 73 views and replies I guess that's answers one of my questions

423-253-5439

Old Post 07-28-2019 10:08 PM
tnredman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tnredman Click here to Send tnredman a Private Message Click Here to Email tnredman Find more posts by tnredman Add tnredman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Did they murder someone?

Old Post 07-28-2019 10:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

No but each state has many laws. Here are examples trespassing on private land hunting over bait hunting on state or federal land during closed periods that's some examples

423-253-5439

Old Post 07-28-2019 11:36 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tnredman

Common sense prevails here, NEVER violate any law for any reason. Night hunts are not exceptions, better to be safe than sorry. You can bet one thing the Club and United Kennel Club will not back anyone violating any Laws. I would file a complaint with the Club and whatever Registry you were hunting under regarding any violations of Law. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 07-29-2019 at 12:54 AM

Old Post 07-29-2019 12:51 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You would be asking the MOH to make a determination as to whether they were violating any laws. First the MOH is not a Game Warden or CO and secondly if he wasn't there to witness the act it would be hard for him to make a determination. It is up to the club to make sure that hunters abide by laws and not UKC. There isn't a rule that covers this and in 30 yrs I have heard of casts getting tickets many times but never getting scratched. So I guess that the answer is no you can't go back and tell the MOH that your cast is a bunch of outlaws and you want to hunt by yourself. Actually, I have wanted to do that several times myself but never have.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 07-29-2019 at 01:52 AM

Old Post 07-29-2019 01:48 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gbiv610
UKC Forum Member

IMO, if trespassing is the issue or dogs on property where permission hasn’t been granted there’s a difference if the dogs started on property where permission was granted then moved to another. Hopefully the decision to gather dogs is made and move on. Now, if dogs are intentionally dropped on unauthorized property and you as a handler clearly understands this, then that’s a decision you will have to make. I would choose to voice my dislike with intentionally breaking laws and go on my way if need be. Plan on it getting hairy if you return and report. Hopefully you’re not the only honest person on the cast. Even if you and the other honest cast members were granted a new guide/judge, hopefully there’s enough time to finish hunt before deadline. No hunt or win is worth my integrity!

Old Post 08-01-2019 04:01 PM
gbiv610 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gbiv610 Click here to Send gbiv610 a Private Message Click Here to Email gbiv610 Find more posts by gbiv610 Add gbiv610 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

rule question

I understand that rules are broken (seems like a lot these days) but getting a cast win dishonestly by breaking rules or cheating is not what this sport is suppose to be about not all clubs have a problem but there are areas where this is a major problem. so do we just stay away from these clubs and let them cheat or should we stand up for whats right , I think the clubs should be more careful in who they let judge and stop turning a blind eye to the problem

423-253-5439

Old Post 08-01-2019 04:19 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

there is state laws people just seem to ignore them at times out hunting. no climbing trees shake coon out state law or shooting out state law in closed season. sure ukc or any other kc will tell ya to abide by any written laws. can you be scratched yes you can. and barred or should. use some common sense in a hunt. this country is flipped upside down more than normal....

Old Post 08-01-2019 04:40 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMiller
UKC Forum Member

????

OK, Looks like there have been several opinions on this question, But no answer from either ?KC yet. So lets do say a cast pulls up to a location and a big POSTED NO TRESPASING sign is on the gate. The judge/guide says ok lets turn loose. One or more of the cast members says no I am not turning loose and refuse to cast there hounds. Does the judge have the grounds to scratch them for refusing to cast there hound, and if the judge does scratch them do they have any recourse on a question for the MOH? Maybe we could hear a ruling from one of the ?KC's and not just everyone opinion.

Old Post 08-01-2019 07:39 PM
JMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMiller Click here to Send JMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email JMiller Find more posts by JMiller Add JMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gbiv610
UKC Forum Member

Well unless the guide states permission had not been granted then I don’t believe the handler has the right to refuse to send’em. UKC charges each club with the responsibility of providing honest guides and until proved otherwise the handler wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. Without any further knowledge on whether permission was granted or not, just solely hunting with the understanding that the guide carries the responsibility to work that out, you would possess zero intent to commit trespassing, therefore very difficult to be prosecuted. Now if a guide says “I don’t have permission here but we’ll drop anyway” I’m out.

Last edited by gbiv610 on 08-01-2019 at 10:57 PM

Old Post 08-01-2019 09:14 PM
gbiv610 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gbiv610 Click here to Send gbiv610 a Private Message Click Here to Email gbiv610 Find more posts by gbiv610 Add gbiv610 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gpent24
UKC Forum Member

I got a trespassing ticket at winter classic this year. No fault of UKC it was just a big ordeal that it shouldn't of been. But had i known i was casting into land we were not supposed to be on I would of withdrawn and said no big deal if yall want to risk the ticket then that's your right. I have broken laws pleasure hunting over the years whether it was filling up my pup feeders when you aren't supposed to have corn out or crossing a line to go get my treed dog. But i would never take it back to the club because that would make me trying to be holier than thou.

Old Post 08-01-2019 09:24 PM
gpent24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gpent24 Click here to Send gpent24 a Private Message Click Here to Email gpent24 Find more posts by gpent24 Add gpent24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Rule question

quote:
Originally posted by tnredman
If a cast violates a state or federal law is the cast scratched?
Can a cast member refuse to participate in activities that violate said laws and if he refuses does he go back to the club house. If he can go back and state his objection and would he be allowed to get a non hunting judge and go back to the woods

I'd say one of the reasons most are shying away from responding is that it sounds like a loaded question. The rulebook covers this and states that all clubs must abide by local and state laws. Of course, this should be a given. The most common offense is usually where a guide is taking his cast where he does not have permission to hunt.

Otherwise, in order to answer your specific question or go into further detail, I'd want more specific information.

Old Post 08-01-2019 09:31 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote