UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Who Feeds Pride Dog Food
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
markncole
UKC Forum Member

Who Feeds Pride Dog Food

Been thinking about trying the 26/18 formula any opinions would be appreciated

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2020 12:55 AM
markncole is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markncole Click here to Send markncole a Private Message Click Here to Email markncole Find more posts by markncole Add markncole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COONDOG
UKC Forum Member

Been feeding the 27 20 and like it alot. Just got a bag of the 31 22 for hunting season.

Nt.Ch.ChKizmo's Tru-Blu Grit (MIA)
rudedogs99@hotmail.com
www.angelfire.com/oh5/trublu/trublu.html
http://www.acorn-creek.com/signatures/Grit.jpg

Old Post 11-04-2020 02:15 AM
COONDOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COONDOG Click here to Send COONDOG a Private Message Click Here to Email COONDOG Visit COONDOG's homepage! Find more posts by COONDOG Add COONDOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thgearwide
UKC Forum Member

I run year round, bear hounds when season is in and coon when it’s not. Been feeding pride for 8-9 months and have had good luck. Black bag 24/20 in coon season is plenty, dogs hold up fine, not a lot of waste and easy cleanup (especially if you’re hunting them there is no cleanup). I feed 31/22 when running bear and have had great luck with it as well. One of the better affordable feeds I’ve tried so far.

Old Post 11-04-2020 02:42 AM
5thgearwide is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thgearwide Click here to Send 5thgearwide a Private Message Find more posts by 5thgearwide Add 5thgearwide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

Pride

I feed the 27/20 year round. I’ve tried the 31/22 but for the price I stick with the 27/20. Can’t beat it.
I’ve fed the 26/18 but for the price of it I went back with the 27/20. JMO

Old Post 11-04-2020 02:45 AM
BluetickHound22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluetickHound22 Click here to Send BluetickHound22 a Private Message Click Here to Email BluetickHound22 Find more posts by BluetickHound22 Add BluetickHound22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jboord81
New UKC Forum Member

Just started feeding the 27/20 my dogs are doing well on it so far

Old Post 11-05-2020 05:29 AM
Jboord81 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jboord81 Click here to Send Jboord81 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jboord81 Find more posts by Jboord81 Add Jboord81 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RunInMi
New UKC Forum Member

We were feeding the 26/18 and our dogs seemed to get lame. Looked sore just walking around. We had vet out and she tested for Lymes. That came back negative. She thought it could be food related. Switched to Diamond and problems went away in a big hurry. We were feeding 4 dogs at the time and two of them seemed fine on Pride and the other two did not.

Old Post 11-05-2020 02:27 PM
RunInMi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RunInMi Click here to Send RunInMi a Private Message Click Here to Email RunInMi Find more posts by RunInMi Add RunInMi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

Pride

I was feeding pro plan performance sport for years and some guys around me convinced me to try Pride. I am extremely pleased with the Pride pro series feed. Right now I am feeding the orange bag of 27/20 pro series but this summer when I wasn’t hunting as much I was feeding the lime green pro series and had good results also. My dogs look better than they did on pro plan and my wallet looks way better too. I would avoid the regular pride though a lot of it contains porcine meal and I have read mixed reviews about pork in dog food.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 11-06-2020 12:56 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

The Pride.....

If I could Buy it up here thats what I would be feeding.
Its Great feed but hard to get, at least anywhere close to me.
I had Great results from the Black Bag...the 24/20 and my 2nd choice was the Green Bag of 26/18
I used the Orange Bag for awhile but my dogs didnt seem to like it as good. The " Regular " is a Great Food.
The Pride is Top Notch in my opinion and is it better than Purina.....I doubt it but its dang close.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-06-2020 01:37 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BAS
UKC Forum Member

Pride

I have had a a lot people tell me the Pride is a good food.
I am in the process of switching two dogs from the Victor Professional 26/18 in the purple bag to Pride Pro Series 27/20 in the Orange bag. I am at a 50 /50 mix now. I cannot tell a difference yet. I will let all know when I get fully changed over to the Pride.
If it compares out to the Victor I will be convinced. If not, I will go back to the Victor.
Stay Tuned!

Bruce Simons

Old Post 11-06-2020 02:12 PM
BAS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BAS Click here to Send BAS a Private Message Click Here to Email BAS Find more posts by BAS Add BAS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pride

quote:
Originally posted by BAS
I have had a a lot people tell me the Pride is a good food.
I am in the process of switching two dogs from the Victor Professional 26/18 in the purple bag to Pride Pro Series 27/20 in the Orange bag. I am at a 50 /50 mix now. I cannot tell a difference yet. I will let all know when I get fully changed over to the Pride.
If it compares out to the Victor I will be convinced. If not, I will go back to the Victor.
Stay Tuned!

Bruce Simons

Good luck on your switch.....BUT I dont think The Pride is as good as the Professional Victor.......!!!
I think that Formula of Victor is the Best Feed I have ever used.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-06-2020 10:14 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

I believe it is better than Purina by far, it has more kcals and is about have the price of pro plan.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 02-18-2021 07:53 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote