UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > It's cold
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Temperature got down to 17 last night. Today's high was 26.It's not very often we are below 32 degrees for 48 hours. Tomorrow's high 50 with 90% chance of rain.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-17-2021 02:03 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COONDOG
UKC Forum Member

I call that cajun snow. lol

Nt.Ch.ChKizmo's Tru-Blu Grit (MIA)
rudedogs99@hotmail.com
www.angelfire.com/oh5/trublu/trublu.html
http://www.acorn-creek.com/signatures/Grit.jpg

Old Post 02-17-2021 02:35 AM
COONDOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COONDOG Click here to Send COONDOG a Private Message Click Here to Email COONDOG Visit COONDOG's homepage! Find more posts by COONDOG Add COONDOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

There was a little snow about 40 miles north of me, but I didn't get any.

Old Post 02-17-2021 02:37 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
Now I know why the robins came this far south...they just didn’t go far enough south...

Well my guess is the chemical plants around here are shutdown...I saw the big flare lighting up the night sky when that big unit went down...

Everything is shutdown in the area...no food or gas to be bought...supposed to be working from home but laptop ran out of juice and internet is down including phones (AT&T service)...I also have Verizon and that is working on iPad...

Got pretty cold in the house last two nights...

I got 7 dogs living in the insulated double garage...all in separate wire cages...that is a job coordinating exercise, food intake and watering...luckily it doesn’t happen often around here...the dogs usually spend 8 or ten nights per winter in the garage...

Last time it got this cold was 1989...got down to 7 degrees...that is cold for the deep southeast Texas...the power grid was not shutdown then...I think overpopulation and power grid providers cat keep up with the new user’s...seems we’re following in California footsteps here in Texas...no...it’s not a good thing...

They are saying one more day with power grid off...so I drug that generator out and put some gas in it and fired right up...have portable heater running in my cave...doesn’t seem to be helping much...

I hear another big cold front is coming in tomorrow...

Things getting any better down there Rueben?

Old Post 02-18-2021 01:53 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Finally got heat going last night...yesterday’s rain melted the snow and ice...

Still don’t have any water but internet is up and running...phone service has stabilized...

Stores were closed...the places that had power ran out of food and gas...

Never had these issues before during a cold spell...but I knew this was coming one day...it was just a matter of time...

I got a taste of chaos during a hurricane evacuation...ran out of gas, roads backed up, debit and credit cards not working...no cell phone service...communications with radio was almost impossible...high population creates jobs but it also creates problems when in the middle of a crisis...

Supposed to have hard freeze tonight and Friday evening will start to warm up...

Old Post 02-18-2021 03:05 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote