UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > If not that breed
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

If not that breed

Most everyone has a certain breed they prefer to hunt some more die hard than others. But if you couldnt hunt your first breed of choice what would be your second choice? Personally I like black dogs best but hunting blue right now so that would prob be number 2.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-22-2019 04:11 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

I hunt b&t now but have thought about getting a b&t leopard cur just to throw everybody off. That being said, a dark red redbone has always caught my eye.

Old Post 07-22-2019 06:13 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Redbone

Then Black/Tans. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-22-2019 06:14 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trey melton
UKC Forum Member

Breed

I’m a blueticker but if not them I would definitely hunt a English dog

Old Post 07-22-2019 11:02 PM
trey melton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trey melton Click here to Send trey melton a Private Message Find more posts by trey melton Add trey melton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Walkers

Then English redticks

Old Post 07-22-2019 11:19 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Treeing Curs first. Then Plotts and Leopards tied for 2nd. But, I own all 3 of them right now. I'm not picky about a breed but I'm picky about how a dog hunts and handles.

Old Post 07-22-2019 11:53 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

If not a Bluetick prob have a Walker or English

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 07-23-2019 12:04 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I've never been breed picky, but I like a dog that operates a certain way. It's easier to find that type of dog amongst the Walkers. But with all the genetic issues they seem to have anymore, it'll be hard for me to consider one next time I get serious about buying a hound.

Old Post 07-23-2019 12:31 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

I want me a redbone from Lambert

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 07-23-2019 06:20 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

X2

Old Post 07-23-2019 06:35 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

X3

But with a little of Shanes' blood thrown in or lots of Hennings' Chief thrown in!!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-23-2019 07:20 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

The King has pups for sale----

I have owned all of the six major hound breeds but Plott.
I now hunt Redbones and have had the pleasure of hunting some of the "Kings" foundation stock with the MAN from the T-Top Kennel, Mr Tom Solberg. Everytime I would figure on breeding to one of his, it would be on it's way to Mark Bates in MT or out East to Pastor Mikes.

As far as second choice?? Black and Tan would be Limber Lost breeding or Gene Hicks. Walker would be Hobo's breeding. Blue Tick would have to be Guy Ormiston blood. Plott would be Brandenburger blood and English Bert Onley blood.

Any of the above would be my second choice.

Last edited by OLD TIMER on 07-23-2019 at 09:27 PM

Old Post 07-23-2019 07:46 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Bluedog man

I hunt blueticks but have hunted with some walkers that I'd feed. Todd Hoepner has a walker female right now most anybody would feed. And I hunted with one Joey sold that I'd have bought if I knew he was selling it. But for now still all blue.

Old Post 07-23-2019 11:19 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote