UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Washington Pa
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Washington Pa

Any coon hunters up this way? Vacationing in Washington township and it sure looks like nice hunting woods for this western nc boy! Just curious what the hunting is like up here. Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-21-2019 11:49 PM
Coal295 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coal295 Click here to Send Coal295 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coal295 Find more posts by Coal295 Add Coal295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Tom Strang with Lone Pine lives pretty handy to Washington. There is a good coon population in that area in the little hollows.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 07-22-2019 12:42 AM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Pine JB
There is a good coon population in that area in the little hollows. [/B]

Is Tony Daviduk still hunting? He was in Washington right? I believe he called them little hollows pop up hills. Looked like mountains to me lol. Spent a night there with Tonys Clover dog and Lawsons Lone River Gunner.

Fred Moran is close to Washington too isn't he.....

Old Post 07-22-2019 03:19 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Yes Tony Daviduk used to live in Washington. I hunted with him and Bob Coulter there. Nice hunting and we had no problem getting after coons.

Old Post 07-22-2019 11:52 AM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Tony moved from Washington to about an hour and half north quite awhile back, near Butler. But I haven't seen Tony in a number of years. I'm not sure he's hunting anymore. Shame, he was an awesome guy, this sport needs more of them.

I don't know about Fred, the Redbone man, don't know where he's from.

Wayne Valentino, bluetick guy is down there.

There are others around there, they have a club near Washington, I'm just drawing a blank on who is down there.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 07-22-2019 01:23 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Washington Pa

quote:
Originally posted by Coal295
Any coon hunters up this way? Vacationing in Washington township and it sure looks like nice hunting woods for this western nc boy! Just curious what the hunting is like up here. Thanks!

What in the world do you do on vacation in Washington Co? I live like 2 hours north of there and if I told my wife thats where we were going on vacation those may be my last words

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 07-22-2019 04:59 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Fred Moran

Redbone man Fred Moran lives just off Lone Pine exit just south of Washington on I-79. Don't know exact directions or if he still hunts but I heard he did.

Old Post 07-22-2019 09:26 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I think John Chizler is from that neck of the woods too. He was there the night I hunted with Fred in the infamous state park lol.

Old Post 07-22-2019 11:39 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Washington Pa

quote:
Originally posted by Coal295

Washington Township? Are you talking about the Ruff Creek (Greene County) area? That's the only Washington Twp. I know of around here. If so, you could just as well look toward Waynesburg (5 miles from Ruff Creek) down I-79.

Old Post 07-23-2019 03:03 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Washington, Pa.

I am near Washington Co. Hunt Blueticks… Lots of coonhunters around, but no where near as in the past. Fred Moran The Redbone Man is in Sutersville I believe. Grayson Paul, Blueticks in Marianna, Don Bell, Scenery Hill, Walkers. Tom Strang Canonsburg, Walkers. Terry Marth, Canonsburg Walkers, Brentin Bedillion in Claysville, Walkers, Several others, we are loosing hunting spots at an alarming rate these days to housing plans and new roads.. Down right criminal.....Local Coon Hunters Club is Keystone Coonhunters Club on Brush Run Road, Rt. 331 west of Washington, Pa.

Old Post 07-23-2019 08:08 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote