UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Why aren't?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Why aren't?

The slam hunts not getting more popular 1 moh 4 judges (all club members ) club puts $500 in the bank for 2 hrs work are the members not wanting to put in the effort or are they not filling ? Soon as I get enough people to help down here I am going to try one.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-24-2017 10:54 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

20 bucks is nothing to the average person so you can bring anything to your basic weekend UKC hunt. But 90% of those weekend comp dogs are not what anyone is gonna lay down a $250 entry fee on. That's why they arent filling.
I entered my dogs in 4 last year. None this year. Its all about dog power.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 04-25-2017 12:12 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I was able to buy a female out of my old granny female Saturday if she is what I like I might ntch her but at this stage in the game winning against 3 or 4 other dogs and usually the same ones week after week don't trip my trigger anymore but what slams there have been have been a long ways from me and I was the only one that entered the one in Texas I would hunt granny in one next week if one was close enough that's what I thought they were started for the boys were wanting to have somthing to hunt the Grntchs in sounds like a good deal for all involved.

Old Post 04-25-2017 12:37 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

They are great events, my favorite in UKC. But thinking any event you can design will bring out the Grands is wishfull thinking. The only thing that has ever brought out Grand Nite Champions was the Purina Race and the Breed Day events and the Breed Days tanked when they ruined the Purina Race. Those days (and the Grands) are gone forever.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 04-25-2017 12:50 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

If I can get enough help built up I am going to try and have one I myself think you win your cast your in the money golly how can you beat a deal like that !! Far as the Grntchs go you got a guy that will spend $250 on a stud add telling what a coondog he has got ( remember the 3 and 4 dogs hunts I was talking about ) but he won't spend a $250 entry to prove it jmo. Or maybe they don't like the babbling rule idk.

Old Post 04-25-2017 01:00 AM
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

$100 entry might work. But they need some kind of state race. That will bring them out as long as some $$$ is the pay back.

Old Post 04-25-2017 01:05 AM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

For me I don't enter them because the Grand Masters is during the week and last few years one of the hotter weeks. Also I don't think they should turn dogs away just to get full casts. Turning entries away this day and age isn't good.

And this never happens but you should be allowed to hunt them off. It's just nice having the option.

Last year when they changed the babbling rule that hurt numbers. I havent paid much attention, doe that rule still exist?

I like these hunts to!

Old Post 04-25-2017 01:58 AM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

I don't comp hunt because I don't have anything worth hunting even in a small local hunt, but I think it's funny that people will pay several thousand dollars for a coonhound and then choke on a $ 250 entry fee. I used to fight chickens and have paid a $ 3,600 dollar entry fee for a 3 day fight in Sunset, Louisiana. Maybe it's having a non-hunting judge that will minus a slick tree instead of circling it, putting a stop to the babbling dog and scratching the mean dog - you know the dog that runs very dog off the tree and the handler makes fun of your dog claiming your dog can't take pressure.

Old Post 04-25-2017 01:26 PM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip wisecup 1
UKC Forum Member

I like the idea of hunting for two hours and making a $600 profit. As far as filling if they lowered it to $100 entry..... they have done that... they offer $150 entry, $250 entry, and even $500 entry for guys to choose from. I think UKC has done their part by listening to the hunters and offering a hunt that has a great return.

I personally like them. Beat 3 dogs and win $600, but I agree that Grand Masters needs to be on a weekend and even possibly a separate event on its own. Make it more meaningful to win.... must win at a Super Slam to Qualify instead of anyone who enters gets a chance at the big purse.

I will have my dogs at several of them just to support the UKC money hunts.

We have one scheduled in Boone in September which will qualify you for the next year's Grand Masters. As of last week I was the only one entered. I hope it fills .... our club could use the $500. We are trying to save to buy some land and get our own clubhouse.

So if anyone is wanting to try them, please enter the Boone Slam and help out our cause. We have good hunting and a nice bunch of guys.

Ch Gr.Nt Ch 2 Briar Creek Blue Sue HTX.
Pr. Oakwoods Friday Night Flash

R.I.P Gone But Not Forgotten

Gr.Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Deepwoods Tree Chopin Grizzly~ Direct Son of Timber Valley Triple X
Co-owned with Shane Glen
2017 Iowa State PKC State Hunt Open Event Final 4
2018 Cast Winner at the Winter Classic
2018 Cast Winner at English Days
2019 PKC Alabama Pro Classic Final 4 Split
2019 PKC Alabama Legacy Cast $$$ winner
2019 UKC Alabama State Hunt final four
2019 UKC ENGLISH DAYS 2nd Grand Night
2019 PKC IOWA LEGACY Cast Winner
2019 UKC World Qualified

Ch. Nt. Ch. Tracy's Moonlight Dottie

Gr. Nt. Ch. Gr. Ch Pine Knob Durango
( "Sire of : Timber Valley Queen, Timber Valley Ten, Timber Valley Joe, Boughton's Red Ruby, & Timber Valley Anny)

Gr.Nt. Ch Ch Timber Valley Anny (Durango x Lucky)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch Timber Valley Joe (Durango x Lucky) & ( SEMEN STORED AT IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY)

Gr.Ch Nt. Ch Timber Valley Wendy ( Lambertson's Coin X Thurber's Blue Bell)

Nt. Ch Thunder Suzie(83 National Grand Night Ch English Gr. Nt .Ch Gr. CH Wilox' Thunder JR X Gr. NT. Ch Woodstocks Polly)

Chip Wisecup (515) 351-7754

[www.fridaynightkennels.wixsite.com/fridaynightkennels]

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:53 PM
chip wisecup 1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip wisecup 1 Click here to Send chip wisecup 1 a Private Message Click Here to Email chip wisecup 1 Visit chip wisecup 1's homepage! Find more posts by chip wisecup 1 Add chip wisecup 1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Personally I like any event that you have to get qualified to participate. Love the world hunt format if the grand masters was on a weekend it just gives you somthing to work tword and look forward to kinda like back when we didn't have so many hunts you prepared for months for a big hunt by time you got there you was so excited if you didn't win you still got to experience it I think these slams could turn out that way a way to qualify for somthing bigger.

Old Post 04-26-2017 01:06 PM
Tyson McComber
UKC Forum Member

Give out a truck for the Grand Masters and change the date and see what happens.

Old Post 04-26-2017 03:13 PM
Tyson McComber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyson McComber Click here to Send Tyson McComber a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyson McComber Find more posts by Tyson McComber Add Tyson McComber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tyson McComber
Give out a truck for the Grand Masters and change the date and see what happens.

X2!!

Old Post 04-26-2017 03:55 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote