UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Greart job Brandon with your Blue dog.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Greart job Brandon with your Blue dog.

Probably about four or five months ago new comer to the sport came on here and asked a few questions. He is about 90 minutes or so from me and came down and spectated on a cast. He then found him a young blue dog and started training. I will admit i was worried when he went right out and got a pup to train. You have heard me say it 100 times. If they have it in them, they will show it at a young age. Brandon found him one that has it in them. I saw a 13 month old blue dog hold its own in some pretty fair company tonight. Out of the truck three dogs split and all had coon. You dont see 13 month pups splitting like that. The blue dog split again but tree was so big you couldnt see all of it. Brandon said she has been very accurate and that showed tonight. She didnt win the cast but did a great job. Brandon had her papers and i asked to see them. Not sure how many guys know a man that went by Hat Creek on here several years ago. His name is Ritchie McDonald from LA. He had a top blue female on the money tour in years past and was hard to beat. He was the breeder of Jordans pup. This pup had all but two dogs in the pedigree grand nights and i would say she has a bright future. Congratulatios Brandon for getting a good blooded pup with a good future. Wish you the best with her. Congratulation Hat Creek for breeding pups a newby can get and train to be a coondog.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 04-16-2017 at 01:46 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-2017 05:48 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

What a blessing for a new comer to start off with a good dog especially one they trained themselves I see a bright future for those two.

Old Post 04-16-2017 01:29 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce!

Very proud for Brandon and his young dog

That pup is out of GrNiteCh HOTR Bo's Mr Blue and NiteCh Hat Creek Blue Kate II (Kate II is a Grand daughter to my old Pl Ch Little Bit)

Last edited by hat creek mac on 04-16-2017 at 08:14 PM

Old Post 04-16-2017 03:25 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

There was another young walker dog in the cast out of Power Pack owned by Darryl Thomas that has a bright future also. Sounded good, treed good and split under pressure and had his coon. I know I will disappoint some of you but there was no babbling or dog fights. Just dogs treeing coons, being cut and treeing coons. This was a hunt that doesn't have any leash lock rule and it really makes for allowing the dogs to do their thing and tree coon.

Old Post 04-16-2017 04:13 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

No leash lock is a rule all kcs should use keeps the coondog under coons instead of on the leash. Then you don't need all those first strikes just tree more coons than the other dogs winner winner.

Old Post 04-16-2017 04:22 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Amen

Amen Yadkintar!

Old Post 04-16-2017 06:03 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blynn003
UKC Forum Member

Thank you for the kind words mr Conkey. Had a great time at the hunt will be back soon. As far as my pup I'll have to thank mr mark Wilcox for allowing me to get a good promising pup. The pup has done all the work. I've just hauled her to the woods

Old Post 04-17-2017 11:46 PM
Blynn003 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blynn003 Click here to Send Blynn003 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blynn003 Find more posts by Blynn003 Add Blynn003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heckler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blynn003
Thank you for the kind words mr Conkey. Had a great time at the hunt will be back soon. As far as my pup I'll have to thank mr mark Wilcox for allowing me to get a good promising pup. The pup has done all the work. I've just hauled her to the woods

Congratulations Brandon. I think that is the female pup I brought to Mark from Richie's. I liked her if that is the same one. Mark and Richie seemed like some good fellows for only meeting them once.

Old Post 04-17-2017 11:52 PM
heckler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heckler Click here to Send heckler a Private Message Find more posts by heckler Add heckler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

-----------------------------GrNiteCh Double Springs Echo II
--------------------GrNiteCh Double Springs Bodacious
-----------------------------GrNiteCh Razor Ridge Pop A Dot
-----------GrNiteCh HOTR Bo's Mr Blue
-----------------------------GrNiteCh Smiley's Blue Rambo II
-------------------GrNiteCh Davis' White River Sailin Sadie
-----------------------------GrNiteCh Davis' White River Sugar
Brandon's pup
------------------------------GrNiteCh Davis' White River Bogie
--------------------GrNiteCh Natural Smokey River Rebel
------------------------------NiteCh Mailes' Blue Freckles
-----------NiteCh McDonald's Hat Creek Kate II
------------------------------GrNiteCh Smiley's Blue Levi
--------------------NiteCh McDonald's Hat Creek Blue Katie
------------------------------GrNiteCh Platinum Ch Hat Creek Little Bit

Old Post 04-25-2017 01:59 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Kate II had 13 pups yesterday... sired by a different male this time

Old Post 04-25-2017 02:03 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Hat Creek refresh my memory. Wasn't the dog you blistered us with at the PKC Hunts many years ago named Kate also?

Old Post 04-25-2017 02:21 PM
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Little Bit

she is at the bottom of that pedigree

She was out of the Rambo II X Smiley's Heather cross
several GrNiteCh and money winners out of that cross

Old Post 04-25-2017 02:30 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Hat Creek are you like many of us and retired by now. If I remember correctly you were in the Education System. Glad to see your enjoying your hounds and breeding some good ones.

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:09 PM
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Bruce I have been an Agriscience teacher/FFA advisor for 27 years. Three more years and I am going to try something new. Been thinking about trying out a new area as well.

I don't raise a lot of dogs. Usually one litter a year. It is nice to raise one that makes the cut and have others take notice. Thanks again.

Old Post 04-25-2017 06:34 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hat creek mac
Bruce I have been an Agriscience teacher/FFA advisor for 27 years. Three more years and I am going to try something new. Been thinking about trying out a new area as well.

I don't raise a lot of dogs. Usually one litter a year. It is nice to raise one that makes the cut and have others take notice. Thanks again.

Dang Ritchie, 27 years is a long time! I'd venture to say you've paid some dues along the way, but also experienced some very good things as well.

You keep on keep'in on with those ole blue dogs! It is great to hear that kind of feedback from an unbiased source. That's what you call the "dogs speaking for themselves"!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 04-26-2017 06:21 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinehillkennels
UKC Forum Member

I drew Bit once or twice was one of two of the nicest blue dogs I've drawn her & Frog Creek Whitey were the two best I have drawn they will always be etched in my mind when the word best blue dogs are mentioned.I always had a good cast when I drew Ritchie.

Old Post 04-27-2017 02:15 AM
pinehillkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinehillkennels Click here to Send pinehillkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email pinehillkennels Find more posts by pinehillkennels Add pinehillkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Cooper
UKC Forum Member

Bruce what was the young man's name that owns the Mr Blue female you hunted with ? I bought Mr Blue from Ritchie and was wanting to talk to the young man you hunted with. Thanks

Old Post 04-28-2017 02:15 AM
Craig Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Cooper Click here to Send Craig Cooper a Private Message Find more posts by Craig Cooper Add Craig Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Craig he posted on this thread
Blynn003

Old Post 05-08-2017 03:20 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Brandon Lynn and you can PM him Blynn003

Old Post 05-08-2017 03:24 PM
JOSH VAUGHN
UKC Forum Member

It's funny, the first thing I though of when I read the description of this you dog, was Ritchie and Bit.

Keep that pup in the woods as many nights as possible Brandon. You will have something super special . Good luck!

Old Post 05-08-2017 05:26 PM
JOSH VAUGHN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOSH VAUGHN Click here to Send JOSH VAUGHN a Private Message Click Here to Email JOSH VAUGHN Find more posts by JOSH VAUGHN Add JOSH VAUGHN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blynn003
UKC Forum Member

I was hunting 4-5 nights a week but now hunting 2-3 nights right now cuz it's so hot and dry. Snakes a crazy bad

Old Post 05-09-2017 01:53 AM
Blynn003 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blynn003 Click here to Send Blynn003 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blynn003 Find more posts by Blynn003 Add Blynn003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blynn003
UKC Forum Member

I was hunting 4-5 nights a week but now hunting 2-3 nights right now cuz it's so hot and dry. Snakes a crazy bad

Old Post 05-09-2017 01:53 AM
JOSH VAUGHN
UKC Forum Member

I imaging it is hot already down there. It's been pretty warm here in SC the last month. We don't have gators or snakes bad in my part of the state. I always forget that when talking to the guys further south than here. Take care of the pup and yourself and have fun.

Old Post 05-09-2017 02:28 AM
JOSH VAUGHN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOSH VAUGHN Click here to Send JOSH VAUGHN a Private Message Click Here to Email JOSH VAUGHN Find more posts by JOSH VAUGHN Add JOSH VAUGHN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote