UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 74 75 [76] 77 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie and Lake

Took Sadie and Lake out for a run tonight Sadie treed shortly on the first drop and Lake moved a track on down the swamp aways and I thought I heard him locate, but he came on back. It was so thick where Sadie treed that i never could see anything. We loaded up and moved on down to a feeder down close to the river. They hit a pretty good track off it and moved it out of there for about 50 yards and treed. I walked in to them and they were treed up a llarge oak with a lot of vines in it. Lake treed better than I had ever heard him tree. They really had the woods ringing, but again I couldnt find the coon and I sure would have liked to have gotten it out on them, maybe next time. We loaded up and called it a night

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-21-2022 05:10 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie and Lake

Took Sadie and Lake out for another run last night. They struck a pretty good track on the first drop and moved it out good for about 200 yards and treed. I walked in to them and they were treed just across an old woods road in a medium sized oak tree that had a lot of briars and vine around it. I shined the tree from the road, but didnt see anything. I went in under the tree and shook a vine and came back out and shinned again. I saw the coon, but for only a second and he closed his eyes. I wen back and shook the vine again and came back out and shined and he was looking again. I went back in and leashed up the dogs. and petted them up good and brought them out to the road. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler. and came to the house where I discovered I had lost my hand held to my shocking system. I had to go back in there this morning and back track myself into the tree and there was my hand held. Thank God for Tracking Systems.

Old Post 08-27-2022 06:56 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Rain

I was going hunting again tonight, but the rain has set in again. I think we are suppose to have plenty more next week, so I guess we will have to squeeze in a night or two when we can until the water gets too deep. I wanted to take Wind out for a run, but we will have to wait till another night.

Old Post 08-28-2022 02:29 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Rain

I was going hunting again tonight, but the rain has set in again. I think we are suppose to have plenty more next week, so I guess we will have to squeeze in a night or two when we can until the water gets too deep. I wanted to take Wind out for a run, but we will have to wait till another night.

Old Post 08-28-2022 02:29 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Bill Goode, Here is Pedigree on Sadie

--------------------Smokey River Blue Spud
---------------Gr.Ch.Gr.Nite Ch.Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
--------------------Nite Ch.Smokey River Be's Blue Jean

----------Gr.Ch.Gr.Nite Ch.Mackie Creek Black Jack

--------------------Gr.Nite Ch.Gr.Ch.Mackie Creek Bo Jack
---------------Gr.Nite Ch.Gr.Ch.Misty River Blue Skeeter
--------------------Gr.Nite Ch.M&P's Little Blue Penny

-----"PR" Misty River Blue Sadie

--------------------Gr.Nite Ch.Bingo's Northern Blue Dancer
---------------Gr.Nite Ch.Nashoba Valley Piazon
--------------------Stephens Northern Blue Brook

----------Nite Ch.Gr.Ch.Roennes blue Super Bee

--------------------Northern Blue Samson
---------------Night Ch. Midnight Delight
--------------------Northern Blue Billy Dean

Old Post 09-19-2022 10:55 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

I took Lake out by himself last night and he struck on a small branch that flows through the swamp on its way to the river. Its a good thing he struck on the branch because it has been so dry and we havent had any rain in over a month. He moved the track down the branch for a couple hundred yaeds and locked up treed. I went to him and he was treed up a large oak. i searched for a while and finally found him up near the top. I shot him out and Lake finished him off. I petted Lake up good and we mace our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Old Post 10-18-2022 08:50 PM
Joey walters
New UKC Forum Member

LOOKS GOOD MR. JACK. LOOKS LIKE THIS CROSS IS GOING TO CLICK I NEED TO SEND DOLLY YOUR WAY.

Old Post 10-18-2022 10:26 PM
Joey walters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joey walters Click here to Send Joey walters a Private Message Click Here to Email Joey walters Find more posts by Joey walters Add Joey walters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

Had lake out again alone tonlght he struck a coon along the edge of a slough started him off kind of slow and then changed gears on him and picked up the pace for about 250 yards and locked a tree down with him. I had to wade through a lot of mud and water to get to him. He was treed in a large Cyprus. I shinned it for a few minutes and then hit the squaller and he looked at me with both eyes. I went in and petted Lake up good and we left the coon to run again. We started out of there and it was rough walking in that mud and water, so I turned Lake loose and in 10 min. he had another one going. I made it out to the side of that slough while listening to lake run that one He treed him right out in the middle of that thing and I had to go back out in there again. He was treed again up a large Cyprus. It was so wet and muddy in there that I never could look up without falling down. That's them golden years Tad.
I leashed up Lake and we made our way back out of there. After all that I got no clue where my rifle is. Something to do tomorrow I guess.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-21-2022 at 06:12 AM

Old Post 10-21-2022 06:10 AM
Tadwalters
New UKC Forum Member

I just hope I can still get after them like you when I’m your age Mr. Jack. Glad you found your rifle!

Old Post 10-21-2022 10:30 PM
Tadwalters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tadwalters Click here to Send Tadwalters a Private Message Click Here to Email Tadwalters Find more posts by Tadwalters Add Tadwalters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Tad

That slough is 75 to 100 yards wide and that rifle was on the other side of the slough from where I thought I had left it. I dont know where its altimers or old timers.

Old Post 10-22-2022 01:44 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

To Jeremy and Nite ch. Misty River Blue Bell on their win last night at Meadville, Ms.

Old Post 10-23-2022 09:40 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Tad Walters and Nite Ch."PR" Misty River Blue Bell on their cast win at the Mississippi State hunt tonight. Bell needs one more cast win to be Gr. Nite Ch.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-06-2022 at 04:28 PM

Old Post 11-06-2022 05:02 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Jeremy Purvis and Nite Ch. Shadows Blue Pearl on their cast win last night at the Mississipi State Championship. This win finished Pearl to Grand Nite Ch.

Old Post 11-06-2022 04:24 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Congratulations

quote:
Originally posted by Misty river
Jeremy Purvis and Nite Ch. Shadows Blue Pearl on their cast win last night at the Mississipi State Championship. This win finished Pearl to Grand Nite Ch.

Congratulations to Jeremy and Pearl!!
Glad to see them have success!!

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 11-06-2022 10:22 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

{img}https://live.staticflickr.com/65535...b9035c4a40_c_d.{/img}
Lake is coming along real good. I hunted him alone again last night. The first time he had been out since I had lost my rifle and messed up all my tracking system in the slough about two weeks ago. I turned him down a dried up slough. He went down it aways and into an acorn flat. He struck in there and moved him out and back around and through a slough that had a little water in it and crossed an old woods road and headed back toward the road comming into the swamp and treed. I got on the 4-wheeler and went back around on another road and came in close to where he was at. I figured he might come off the tree when I got close with the 4-wheeler, but he never missed a bark. He was treed up a large oak. I found a big boar coon up near the top. We loaded up and moved on down the swamp i dropped him out again on an nother slough down toward the river. He struck a cold track this time and started working it. He worked the track for a while and gave up on it and came in and left out aagain and struck another cold track. He worked it awhile and treed. He treed hard, but I don't think he had anything, but he did the best he could. We loaded up and started back out of the swamp and he started barking on back of the 4-wheeler. I dropped him off and he went and treed that one and I found himm up a medium sized oak. We left him to run again. We called it a night.

Old Post 11-11-2022 06:46 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

{img}https://live.staticflickr.com/65535...b9035c4a40_c_d.{/img}
Lake is coming along real good. I hunted him alone again last night. The first time he had been out since I had lost my rifle and messed up all my tracking system in the slough about two weeks ago. I turned him down a dried up slough. He went down it aways and into an acorn flat. He struck in there and moved him out and back around and through a slough that had a little water in it and crossed an old woods road and headed back toward the road comming into the swamp and treed. I got on the 4-wheeler and went back around on another road and came in close to where he was at. I figured he might come off the tree when I got close with the 4-wheeler, but he never missed a bark. He was treed up a large oak. I found a big boar coon up near the top. We loaded up and moved on down the swamp i dropped him out again on an nother slough down toward the river. He struck a cold track this time and started working it. He worked the track for a while and gave up on it and came in and left out aagain and struck another cold track. He worked it awhile and treed. He treed hard, but I don't think he had anything, but he did the best he could. We loaded up and started back out of the swamp and he started barking on back of the 4-wheeler. I dropped him off and he went and treed that one and I found himm up a medium sized oak. We left him to run again. We called it a night.

Old Post 11-11-2022 06:46 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

To Jeremy and Bell on their win last night at Meadville, Ms. This win finished Bell to Grand Nite Ch.

Old Post 11-20-2022 05:38 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Congratulations

Congratulations to Jeremy and Bell. Jeremy is on a roll getting those females finished to GrNite!

Mr Jack,

Sounds like your Lake pup is coming along nice. Hope all is well there.

Scott

quote:
Originally posted by Misty river
To Jeremy and Bell on their win last night at Meadville, Ms. This win finished Bell to Grand Nite Ch.

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 11-20-2022 12:39 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Scott

Thank you for the kind words on these dogs. Jeremy has been doing a good job and we are glad to get Pearl and Bell finished out to Grand.We have some young dogs that we will start working on soon. Jeremy has a couple I have three, Tad Walters has Two and we are waiting on Joey Walters and his little female to get back from working down in Mexico. I think he will be baack home around the first of the year. Lake is comming along well and he has a couple litter mates that s coming along good. Scott good to hear from you. Take Care.

Old Post 11-20-2022 05:02 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

Had Lake out alone again last night, It had been aabout a week since we had been out due ti the cold weather. I'm not too good at cold weather anymore. He hunted better than usual. I dont think the coons were stiring early. It wasn'tuntil I started out from the river That he struck a track and started working it. He moved it on in for a couple hundred yards. I knew there was a high bluff in close to where he was at, and I heard him give a short locate and i knew he was trying to find his way up that bluff, about a minute later when he reached the top of that bluff he gave a locate that would have made his Grandsire Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp Proud and settled into his tree bark, mostly Bawl. I rode on up close to where he was at and walked on up to where he was treed, He was treed up a hugh oak that had the bottom part of a deer stand latter in it. I took a few pictures and then backed off and started looking for the coon. I didnt see anything at first, but when I blew the squaller, there were three of them that looked at me from different parts of the tree. I shot one out and lake finished him off. We left the rest to run again. I petted lake up.We walked back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Old Post 11-22-2022 05:39 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Ruby, Daisey and Sadie

Tad Walters came over and hunted with me tonight. He brought Ruby and Lake's sister Daisey and I hunted Sadie. When we turned the dogs loose they didnt go the way we wanted them to. They struck a coon, but they got across a big slough and into a bad cut over and deer lease that I didnt know who it belonged to, so we decided to call them out and when we started calling they shut it down and came on out. We loaded upand headed on down the river. We turned them loose on a feeder, but they went on in about 300 yards and struck. I think daisey got strike and tree on that coon and looked real good. They all treed hard and we walked in to them. They were treed up a large oak. Tad had to pull out his heat seeker. I cant remember what they call them things, but most of the compitition hunters have got them. That ws my first one to look thru and those things really work. Looks to me like it would be kind of cheating to use them in compitition, because every body cant afford them. anyway enough of my outlook on things, the dogs did a great job. We loaded up and moved on down the swamp. We treed another one with Ruby and Daisey both doing a good job. They treed in a den tree. and we made our way back to the buggy and called it a night.

Old Post 11-23-2022 06:38 AM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Glad ya'll are having some good hunts, Mr. Jack. Weather has been real cold here and gun deer season was in, so I am just getting back to hunting. Managed to tree two last night. I have a 6 month old Luke pup that I am going to start pushing next week.

King of Hunt BBCHA, Robinson, IL
High Scoring Dog Friday BBCHA FALL ROUNDUP
1st Place Champion BBCHA, Robinson, IL
8th Place 2022 Fall Roundup
King of Hunt BBCHA Utchman Memorial
1st Place Champion BBCHA Fall Classic
1st Place Champion BBOA Zone One
King of Hunt BBCHA Vaughn Memorial
2nd place Champion 2021 BBCHA Fall Roundup
8th place 2022 BBCHA Fall Roundup

Old Post 11-25-2022 01:42 AM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Jay

The female that is on the tree in the picture is out of Luke and Sheba. She is doing real good especially for the amount of times she has been in the woods. Her name is Daisy. She can get the job done with other dogs or by her self, it dont matter to her. Take care Jay and good hunting.

Old Post 11-25-2022 04:29 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Tad Walters and Gr. Nite Ch. Misty River Blue Bell on their win tonight In Hattisburg, Ms. Bell just finished to Grand Nite Ch. last weekend and this win qualified her for the Tournament of Champions.

Old Post 11-26-2022 06:25 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

It had been a while since I had taken Sadie out alone. I hunted her tonight and she looked good. She struck a working track along the edge of a slough and moved it out and treed about 20 yardss out in the second slough. I made my way into her and she was treed in a clump of aout 4 cyprus trees growing togeather. I never did see the coon, but i'm sure she had him. I petted her up and we went back down the river . I cast her again and se went in about 250 yards and just come treed. I walked into her and she was treed up a hugh Oak. I shined for a few minutes but when I hit the squaller he looked at me from out on a limb. I petted sadie up and we left the coon to run again. We made our way baack to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Old Post 12-03-2022 05:04 AM