UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Diesel Fuel Shortage?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Voting

quote:
Originally posted by harleydan1956
I can comprehend. You'll set someone up for murder by giving them a toy gun... and people Brainwashed the young lady... and still.. 5 mile radius... lol... that's what..200 people? Wow... must be a smooth talker

I won't give them a toy gun if they should already have a real one....LOL.....But once they are in my house, when the Police arrive there will be a gun on their possession....or something that looks like a gun.....😉.....But they can avoid all of that by not breaking into my home....Easy fix.
You don't have to be a smooth talker to let people know where you will be hunting & should my dogs go onto their land then ask them for permission to go get them.....most will say they appreciate it much for me asking....and sometimes they will even give you permission to hunt their property.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-13-2022 09:39 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Let's see if my math is right. A 5 mile radius would be a 10 mile diameter. So if you had a straight road through the middle, you would only have to ask and get permission from every house on both sides of the road for a 10 mile stretch in a North/South direction. Then you would have to do the same for an East/West direction. Now you would have to repeat the same process for each of your hunting spots.
Now I realize that you are only speaking figuratively about a "five mile radius" but still you are talking about a lot of people giving you permission to come on their land in the middle of the night.

Old Post 11-13-2022 09:43 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

5 miles

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Let's see if my math is right. A 5 mile radius would be a 10 mile diameter. So if you had a straight road through the middle, you would only have to ask and get permission from every house on both sides of the road for a 10 mile stretch in a North/South direction. Then you would have to do the same for an East/West direction. Now you would have to repeat the same process for each of your hunting spots.
Now I realize that you are only speaking figuratively about a "five mile radius" but still you are talking about a lot of people giving you permission to come on their land in the middle of the night.

It's really not that many people to ask.....because I tell them my dogs shouldn't go.over 1.5 miles and will never touch their land that far away. Ky & Illinois land I have is mostly owned by my Family.......so that makes in easy.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 11-13-2022 09:47 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: 5 miles

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
It's really not that many people to ask.....because I tell them my dogs shouldn't go.over 1.5 miles and will never touch their land that far away. Ky & Illinois land I have is mostly owned by my Family.......so that makes in easy.
Tim

K, I think you're missing something. To tell them your dog only goes 1.5 miles you still have to go to their houses.

Old Post 11-13-2022 11:09 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

From reading all Tim’s ramblings, the questions and comments from other folks regarding those ramblings, and Tim’s response to those questions and comments, one word come to mind …. crawfish 😂

Sho nuff good!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 11-14-2022 03:39 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

LOL

Tim {that don't coon hunt.}Has never trespassed to get a dog? lol
Not a coon hunter on the planet that hasn't.

He sure likes the spin,twist,deflect like the Dems do.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Last edited by 4play on 11-15-2022 at 05:06 PM

Old Post 11-14-2022 09:02 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Tim {that don't coon hunt.}Has never trespassed to get a dog? lol
Not a coon hunter planet he planet

He sure likes the spin,twist,deflect like the Dems do.

Since I don't Coon Hunt, We been having some mighty fine Hunts with Bill Herrell & his Fine Plott Hounds.
Nope.....Never trespassed in 42+ years......Every time I ever went after a dog I had permission to be on that property to get it.
It's not hard to get permission to go get your dog.....LOL
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 11-14-2022 10:28 PM
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: LOL

quote:

It's not hard to get permission to go get your dog.....LOL
Tim

It is if show up at my house at 12 or 1 o'clock in the morning. Show up in the middle of the night and you will wish you trespassed.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 11-15-2022 02:18 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by ringtail
It is if show up at my house at 12 or 1 o'clock in the morning. Show up in the middle of the night and you will wish you trespassed.

That's why you go get permission during the day.....duh.
Then IF your dog gets on their property you already have permission, you don't have to disturb them at 2 a.m., and you get your dog.....it's a Win Win situation.....😁😉
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 11-15-2022 02:55 AM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: No trespassing

quote:
Doesn't change anything if you believe it or not.
I have never been on a property I did not have permission on. I have Hunted in KY, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia & Illinois.......Permission on all and at least a 5 mile radius.....sometimes more.
Never been checked out by a Game Warden & Never had anyone come around raising hell.....been lucky for sure.
Tim

Sure wish I could say that, but it would be untrue.

I've been met by a game warden at the truck when hunting family property. Someone saw lights in the woods and reported me as a suspected deer poacher.

I've had my dogs cross property lines and had people come into the woods after me.

I've had neighboring property owners come onto their neighbors property (which I had permission to hunt) to get to me because my dogs were "making too much noise."

The worst was on a night hunt, and I had a state cop (Kenny Olexa) on the cast. The rest of the dogs came back, and my dog was treed deep by himself. I had to go myself to get him. On the way back to the cast, I was met by a group of druggies with a German Shepard that wanted to go after my dog. So glad that I had a state cop on the road waiting for me. That was a scary situation.

That's just some of the lowlights.

Nowadays, people don't understand seeing someone walking around in the dark with a light and a gun. Got to be more careful and cautious.

Old Post 11-15-2022 04:02 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you have never been shot at or shots fired over your head, then you haven't coonhunted in the South for very many years.

Old Post 11-15-2022 03:27 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

LOL

Unless you hunt with Cur where I hunt/live in very,very southern Mi.
Your trespassing 75% of the time past 500 yards in any direction.

Done plenty of walking to and back with light off or on very low and pointing straight down.
Shining around is what gets attention.

Never been checked by G.W.,cops called,yelled at....etc,etc..

Last edited by 4play on 11-15-2022 at 05:14 PM

Old Post 11-15-2022 05:11 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I use my tone button.

Old Post 11-15-2022 06:28 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I use my tone button.

When mine on track tone won't stop them.I'm NOT shocking my hound for doing their job either. I start their way.Get in,get out before anybody else does.

Last edited by 4play on 11-16-2022 at 05:40 PM

Old Post 11-15-2022 08:27 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Their "job" is to obey and come when called no matter if they are tracking, treeing or just hanging out.

Old Post 11-16-2022 03:22 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Their "job" is to obey and come when called no matter if they are tracking, treeing or just hanging out.
Yep

Old Post 11-16-2022 04:41 PM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Jobs

quote:

Their job is to tree a coon and stay until I get there. My job is to get there. I don't expect a dog to rationalize that because I am failing in my job to get there (for whatever reason) that they should quit their job.

If they are running junk, I will make every effort to make them QUIT running junk. If they are treeing coon, I will make no effort to make them QUIT treeing coon (it's not always convenient).

Old Post 11-20-2022 06:19 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Jobs

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
Their job is to tree a coon and stay until I get there. My job is to get there. I don't expect a dog to rationalize that because I am failing in my job to get there (for whatever reason) that they should quit their job.

If they are running junk, I will make every effort to make them QUIT running junk. If they are treeing coon, I will make no effort to make them QUIT treeing coon (it's not always convenient).

A dog doesn't rationalize anything. If he's properly obedience trained he will trail and tree as well as he ever did until told otherwise by his master.

Old Post 11-20-2022 04:51 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:

X2 NOT shocking my hound off a coon track or tree no matter what.

Shocking collars and idiots using them have ruined more good dogs than help them.

Old Post 11-21-2022 03:46 PM
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

quote:

X2.

Old Post 11-22-2022 01:14 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:
That's why you go get permission during the day.....duh.
Then IF your dog gets on their property you already have permission, you don't have to disturb them at 2 a.m., and you get your dog.....it's a Win Win situation.....😁😉
Tim

Duh......You don't have permission to be on my property. If your dog goes further than 1.5 and gets on my property how do plan on plan on getting your dog???

Will you wait until the next day and ask for permission, wake me to ask for permission or go get your dog????

Old Post 11-22-2022 01:29 AM
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Jobs

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
X2 NOT shocking my hound off a coon track or tree no matter what.

Shocking collars and idiots using them have ruined more good dogs than help them.

X3

Old Post 11-22-2022 01:31 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by ringtail
Duh......You don't have permission to be on my property. If your dog goes further than 1.5 and gets on my property how do plan on plan on getting your dog???

Will you wait until the next day and ask for permission, wake me to ask for permission or go get your dog????

Well Duh......
If I don't have permission to o get my Hound 5 miles in any direction I turn loose....then I don't turn loose...😁😁😁
Not talking about hunting for 5 miles.....just talking about retrieving my Hound
Getting permission to do just that is not hard to do....but really could see it being a problem for some of you....LOL...😅😅
Dang...I think I might have to draw some of you guys
a picture & maybe you might comprehend that....LOL.....😉🙄😬

Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 11-22-2022 01:54 AM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Well Duh......
If I don't have permission to o get my Hound 5 miles in any direction I turn loose....then I don't turn loose...😁😁😁
Not talking about hunting for 5 miles.....just talking about retrieving my Hound
Getting permission to do just that is not hard to do....but really could see it being a problem for some of you....LOL...😅😅
Dang...I think I might have to draw some of you guys
a picture & maybe you might comprehend that....LOL.....😉🙄😬

Tim

That would be impossible here. In a 5 mile radius of anywhere I can turn loose, we are talking into the thousands of property owners, including many that don't live in the area. And property is bought and sold all the time. 5 miles in any direction? That's a total of 10 miles you are talking about. And you have permission from everyone in that 10 mile area???

Old Post 11-22-2022 05:15 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:
That would be impossible here. In a 5 mile radius of anywhere I can turn loose, we are talking into the thousands of property owners, including many that don't live in the area. And property is bought and sold all the time. 5 miles in any direction? That's a total of 10 miles you are talking about. And you have permission from everyone in that 10 mile area???

I have Permission to retrieve my Hound 5 miles or maybe more from where I turn loose at......YES.
Not hard to do here.....if Hunting Reservoir Country then I might not get off Government Land in that 5 miles......if hunting Private Woods then sometimes it might be 3 or 4 Land Owners . How I do it is wherever I am going to be hunting, I will drive 5 miles from that and start working my way back to my woods I will be hunting, talking with Farmers & other folks and explained to them where I will be hunting & should my dog get onto their Property will it be ok to get my dog....even at 3:00 a.m......Never had one person say No. Some have even given me permissions to hunt their land as well especially the Farmers.....they want the Coon dead.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 11-22-2022 at 05:40 AM

Old Post 11-22-2022 05:23 AM