UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin DC 40 will not stay on.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shorecooner
UKC Forum Member

Garmin DC 40 will not stay on.

I have a DC 40 that won't stay on. It seems to take a charge, blue light blinks for awhile, then turns to solid blue. It will turn on and blink red for about 30 seconds, then shut off. It will not connect to the Astro 320 before it shuts off. Collar was updated a month or so ago, and has been working fine. I have swapped the battery with a known good one, and the same thing happens. Any of you had this problem before?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-26-2015 04:12 AM
shorecooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shorecooner Click here to Send shorecooner a Private Message Click Here to Email shorecooner Find more posts by shorecooner Add shorecooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shorecooner
UKC Forum Member

I left the battery unplugged over night, hoping it would reset. Still the same thing this morning. Red blinking light looks normal for about 30 seconds, then two short blinks before it shuts off. Any ideas?

Old Post 05-26-2015 01:34 PM
shorecooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shorecooner Click here to Send shorecooner a Private Message Click Here to Email shorecooner Find more posts by shorecooner Add shorecooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

I would make a quick guess that your Battery is Dead. If you have another DC 40 or DC 30 you can verify it by swapping batteries and see if it will work.

Old Post 05-26-2015 01:53 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shorecooner
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
I would make a quick guess that your Battery is Dead. If you have another DC 40 or DC 30 you can verify it by swapping batteries and see if it will work.

I already swapped it out with a battery I know is good. Same thing happens.

Old Post 05-26-2015 02:18 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

I would take it apart and look at the electronic board real close and make sure there is no discolored spots or corrosion on the board. If you see any then some contact cleaner and some light toothbrush work in that area may help. Look close just to the right of the off/on switch on the board.

Old Post 05-26-2015 02:31 PM
shorecooner
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce. I just checked it out, the board looks like a brand new one. No corrosion dirt or moisture in there at all that I can see.

Old Post 05-26-2015 02:36 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

I think the only answer may be to send it back to Garmin for replacement. 1800-800-1020

Old Post 05-26-2015 03:07 PM