UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What does everyone wear hunting for warmer weather?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coch20
UKC Forum Member

What does everyone wear hunting for warmer weather?

I wear shorts and t shirt with boots and chaps. Seems the older I get the more I want comfort and to stay cool... Just seeing if anyone has any good ideas, those chaps sure are hot and those thorns sure are sharp on the arm.

Northern Backwoods Kennels

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-22-2015 09:10 PM
coch20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coch20 Click here to Send coch20 a Private Message Click Here to Email coch20 Find more posts by coch20 Add coch20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

I buy allot of old dress shirts at the thrift store. They're nice and light and you can get them for a couple bucks apiece. A thin dress shirt isn't much protection from multiflora rose and green briars but it's better than bare arms and it's about the coolest thing you can wear on a muggy night.

Old Post 05-22-2015 09:17 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

rain or shine hot or cold Its white t's and levis

Old Post 05-22-2015 09:25 PM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

Jeans & T-shirt with a thin long sleeve work shirt to shed if have to walk a lot.

Old Post 05-22-2015 09:45 PM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Bug skinz (top and bottom), shorts, lightweight chaps and boots.

Old Post 05-22-2015 11:00 PM
Rick Ennen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Ennen Click here to Send Rick Ennen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Ennen Find more posts by Rick Ennen Add Rick Ennen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Whatever is in my pile of beat up, worn hunting clothes at the basement door that ain't still wet from the night before. My arms always look like they been through a cheese shedder from briars but I lost my last beauty pageant anyhow so I don't care. 😀

Old Post 05-22-2015 11:15 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

Coonhunt naked

Old Post 05-23-2015 04:09 AM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

T-shirt, brush pants from bass pro, and my American made, out of American leather Chippewa boots.

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 05-23-2015 04:17 AM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

Brush pants aint as hot as chaps. And il leave the chaps at the truck...Just in case

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
- 2016 Performance Sire
- 2017 Performance Sire

Old Post 05-23-2015 04:19 AM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray Walburn
UKC Forum Member

spring; summer an fall; winter / blue jeans an a t_shirt

I forgive people but that doesn't mean I accept their behavior or trust them I forgive them 4 me, so I can let go and move on with my life

"The best revenge is massive success." #FrankSinatra

People who are INTIMIDATED by you talk bad about you with hopes that others wont find you as appealing!

You have Enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. Winston Churchill

Old Post 05-23-2015 04:50 PM
Ray Walburn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Walburn Click here to Send Ray Walburn a Private Message Find more posts by Ray Walburn Add Ray Walburn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

must not be no ticks around where you all are from?

Around here you wear a tee shirt you be ate up with chiggers and be pulling ticks off you for two or three days.

Thats with using Deep Woods and off or any other kind of tick repellent you can come up with.

That also was going to be my next question what do you all use for tick repellent?

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING INSTEAD
OF HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS!!!

Old Post 05-25-2015 03:28 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

I wear Elmitick clothing . In three years never had a tick on me .

Old Post 05-25-2015 03:36 PM
rick brocious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick brocious Click here to Send rick brocious a Private Message Find more posts by rick brocious Add rick brocious to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Fox

Around here you wear a tee shirt you be ate up with chiggers and be pulling ticks off you for two or three days.

Thats with using Deep Woods and off or any other kind of tick repellent you can come up with.

That also was going to be my next question what do you all use for tick repellent?

I do occasionally spray my chaps with Permathrin and I used to spray with deet but I've given up on spraying with deet every night. I've found my best defense is simply a very thorough shower as soon as I come in for the night. I carefully go over my whole body with a washcloth and feel around everywhere for ticks burrowed in. I very seldom let one escape the shower. May sound simple but diligence in the shower goes a long way toward keeping them out of your skin.

Old Post 05-25-2015 03:40 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
I do occasionally spray my chaps with Permathrin and I used to spray with deet but I've given up on spraying with deet every night. I've found my best defense is simply a very thorough shower as soon as I come in for the night. I carefully go over my whole body with a washcloth and feel around everywhere for ticks burrowed in. I very seldom let one escape the shower. May sound simple but diligence in the shower goes a long way toward keeping them out of your skin.

i do exactly that and yes we are loaded with ticks here, while the dogs are out hunting ill give myself a once over here and there also, check my arms stomach and legs

Old Post 05-25-2015 04:15 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Fox

California 😎

Old Post 05-25-2015 05:10 PM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Duckassassin
California 😎

What no ticks?

Old Post 05-25-2015 05:34 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Anyone else find a dark tee shirt attracts more skeeters? Could be a dark shirst makes me smell better to them. I know know but dark colors bring them in.

Old Post 05-25-2015 06:27 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
Anyone else find a dark tee shirt attracts more skeeters? Could be a dark shirst makes me smell better to them. I know know but dark colors bring them in.
It dont matter what color cloths we wear here,,skeeters are terrible on the warmer nights,,not too bad when it's alittle cooler,,so far ticks ain't to bad here,,brother had afew on him afew weeks ago,,but that's been it,,don't know if it's cause there just ain't many here or cause I'm now using purple cow tags,,but haven't seen any on dogs,and I attached one to my summer hunting vest up by the neckline and I haven't had a single one on me yet

Old Post 05-25-2015 06:50 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
What no ticks?

If you go to the mountains yeah but just hunting around the farmland I've never had issues, the only thing I hate is misquotes

Old Post 05-25-2015 07:50 PM
JPRITCHARD
UKC Forum Member

I wear Cintas work pants and Under Armour long sleeve tee shirt .

Old Post 05-26-2015 03:27 AM
JPRITCHARD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JPRITCHARD Click here to Send JPRITCHARD a Private Message Find more posts by JPRITCHARD Add JPRITCHARD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

Summertime coon hunting is done at one's computer. In your pajamas. In the AC

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 05-26-2015 03:29 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

I get so many ticks on me it doesn't matter Wat u do. Just pull em off wen u find em.

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
- 2016 Performance Sire
- 2017 Performance Sire

Old Post 05-26-2015 03:34 AM
Blue2011
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AppalachianBlue
I get so many ticks on me it doesn't matter Wat u do. Just pull em off wen u find em.
Yep same here, i wear my chaps and a tee shirt

Old Post 05-26-2015 04:01 AM
Blue2011 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue2011 Click here to Send Blue2011 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue2011 Find more posts by Blue2011 Add Blue2011 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

1.Check out Mule summer chaps. I bought a pair last year and love them.
2. Military issue assault shirt. Denim type sleeves and wicking body.
3. Eat more garlic and no bananas for mosquitoes and ticks, you are what you eat.
4. Spray it all with permethrin. (Not the garlic- just the clothes)

Last edited by Rowdy on 05-26-2015 at 05:25 PM

Old Post 05-26-2015 05:21 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JSteely
UKC Forum Member

I wear blue jeans shorts and a old tee shirt with my boots w/chaps pulled up for snakes.
For the ticks i use Repel in the orange can with the permethin just do not spray it on your skin i broke out in rashes all over because of it. if i don't spray down i will get ticks and when i do i don't see a tick that is the best stuff i've ever seen...

Old Post 05-26-2015 11:02 PM
JSteely is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JSteely Click here to Send JSteely a Private Message Find more posts by JSteely Add JSteely to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote