UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rules question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Rules question

When the 15 is on a dog for not hunting, how long does it have to be gone? I know when it is struck, the time is broke.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-25-2015 10:38 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Stop stationary

In UKC, as soon as dog disappears!!!! Looked at a dog for over an hour a couple weeks ago, but would leave just enough to stop clock & then get it restarted. Rule change needed in my opinion, even if it was only for 2 minutes to be gone.

$KC has to be gone 5 minutes or be struck in to stop clock. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-25-2015 11:04 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

this is a good one as there is no set time for a dog to be gone but a dog must get out of sight or strike before the clock stops ! now guy's that hunt pkc will stand there and argue the dog must be gone for 5 minutes or strike before the clock is stopped I believe this one rule has turned off more coon hunters then any other rule in the books of both clubs ! in my opinion every dog that tree's or runs trash should be automatic scratch not the dog that won't hunt !

Old Post 05-25-2015 11:30 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy Beckham
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rules question

quote:
Originally posted by STROKIN
When the 15 is on a dog for not hunting, how long does it have to be gone? I know when it is struck, the time is broke.

I have one that gets hot easy. After every tree he stands around. Always gets the 15 put on him. I get a lot of static about how he wont hunt. After about 7-8 minutes he slip off and tree another one alone. Then they just shake their heads.

Its not what I want but its what he does.

PKC CH, GRNITECH Beckham's Hillbilly Bones

Old Post 05-25-2015 11:49 PM
Billy Beckham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Beckham Click here to Send Billy Beckham a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Beckham Find more posts by Billy Beckham Add Billy Beckham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by groworg1
in my opinion every dog that tree's or runs trash should be automatic scratch not the dog that won't hunt !

Really? Not hunting is the number one thing that will get it culled at my house. Trash is a training problem. I can't train one to go hunting.

As far as the rule goes it is up to the judges discretion. So if the judge says he is hunting then he is hunting if he says he isn't then he isn't.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-26-2015 04:20 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Really? Not hunting is the number one thing that will get it culled at my house. Trash is a training problem. I can't train one to go hunting.

As far as the rule goes it is up to the judges discretion. So if the judge says he is hunting then he is hunting if he says he isn't then he isn't.

He might be referring to when the cast takes off on a deer or fox and the young dog in the process of being broke comes in scared and is afraid to leave for fear of getting shocked. Now before everyone jumps with both feet to say, "that aint what they're supposed to do, yadda, yadda...they are supposed to just go find a coon no matter what, yadda, yadda..."
Well, yeah, O. K. they are, but I would not ever fault a young dog that refuses to run off with the rest of the pack to chase off game and comes back scared because he thinks he is about to get lit up.
I agree, trash is a training problem, but it is not quite that simple with the dogs. It is that simple with the trainers and they should not be putting trash runners in hunts without some sort of repercussions besides the inconvenience of having to recover a lost dog.
Now the rest of you can post about how your line of dogs don't run trash....

Old Post 05-26-2015 01:21 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote