UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Seresto Flea & Tick Collars
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
recon
UKC Forum Member

Seresto Flea & Tick Collars

After having a couple nice hounds get ehrlicia and lymes disease, I have been searching for a way to repel ticks. I heard about the Seresto collars and that they were supposed to REPEL ticks. I bought a couple, and after two weeks I have been pleased. Have been hunting the dogs in the same areas where I would normally pull four or five ticks off of them after a night of hunting. Since putting the collars on, I have found no ticks on them. The collars are pricey, but seem to be worth it so far.

Last edited by recon on 05-12-2015 at 02:33 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-11-2015 09:04 PM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clinej1
UKC Forum Member

I'm having good results as well with these collars

Nite Ch Gr Ch Cantey Bay Blue Sky (SRxUtchman)
Nite Ch Gr Ch No No Bad Dog Bling (ArkiexRambo)

Old Post 05-11-2015 09:16 PM
clinej1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clinej1 Click here to Send clinej1 a Private Message Click Here to Email clinej1 Find more posts by clinej1 Add clinej1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Scalibor

I went to my Vets office and they carry Seresto collars and they also had another collar and she recommended Scalibor collars. They cost me about 10$ more a piece but she assured me it was worth it.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 05-11-2015 10:19 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eric henry
UKC Forum Member

the seresto collars are great.

Old Post 05-12-2015 12:44 AM
eric henry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eric henry Click here to Send eric henry a Private Message Click Here to Email eric henry Find more posts by eric henry Add eric henry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Scalibor

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
I went to my Vets office and they carry Seresto collars and they also had another collar and she recommended Scalibor collars. They cost me about 10$ more a piece but she assured me it was worth it.

Let me know how they work out as far as repelling ticks.

Old Post 05-12-2015 02:32 AM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BCD
UKC Forum Member

I started using them last year after my vet recommended them on 6 dogs no ticks or fleas all of last year using them again this year I put on the first of March no problems all tick and flea season.

Old Post 05-12-2015 03:38 AM
BCD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BCD Click here to Send BCD a Private Message Find more posts by BCD Add BCD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff thomley
UKC Forum Member

I have the same bad luck with erchilia with my dogs so I bought the collars but I bought them through chewy .com they are 45.00 lot cheaper than vet or pet stores. Free shipping no tax when you spend 45.00 or more

Csg Pkc ch grch grnite coopers stormin Ike
2017 top 10 reproducer, top 5 per sire
2016 top 10 reproducer,top 5 perf sire

2015 perf sire- top 10 reproducers list, top 5 perf pt sire-#1 akc b&t show dog of yr- sire of queen of show at b&t days this year
Grch grnite thomleys big boy
2014 - 1st place reg -ark at hunt, 2014 King of show b&t sect- gill, 2015 King of show b&t sect- plainview, 2015 winter classic best in breed dual ch, 2015 King of show and King of hunt - b&t sect gill
4th place all black hunt -2016 b&t days

Old Post 05-12-2015 03:55 AM
jeff thomley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeff thomley Click here to Send jeff thomley a Private Message Click Here to Email jeff thomley Find more posts by jeff thomley Add jeff thomley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Collars

I think the collars are outstanding. The Seresto collars are 37$ each and the ones I bought yesterday, Scalibro, were 46$ each. They seem to work the same by friction, water proof and last 6 months.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 05-12-2015 12:29 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Budly
UKC Forum Member

Free Scalibro

My vet gives away the Scalibro collar, when you buy a 6 month supply of Revolution Flea and Tick. I complained once that my dogs still had ticks on them, even though I was using the monthly Revolution application. Now I don't have a tick problem at all. By the way, when you buy a 6 month supply, it actually is a 8 month supply, as he tapes two extra doses to the outside of the carton.

Old Post 05-12-2015 01:16 PM
Budly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Budly Click here to Send Budly a Private Message Click Here to Email Budly Find more posts by Budly Add Budly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jeff thomley
I have the same bad luck with erchilia with my dogs so I bought the collars but I bought them through chewy .com they are 45.00 lot cheaper than vet or pet stores. Free shipping no tax when you spend 45.00 or more

I will have to check that out next round. They are $60 here.

Old Post 05-12-2015 06:43 PM
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

My favorite combo is NexGard Chewables and Frontline Spray. Give NexGard once a month and apply the Frontline lightly before hunting. Low toxicity, very safe for the dog, and works great!

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2019 Southern National Redbone Days Champion
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Old Post 05-12-2015 11:44 PM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

Still no ticks. I'm completely impressed with these collars!!!!

Old Post 05-25-2015 06:05 PM
BEST EVER
Banned

The seresto collars work great and do what they state they will do.

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 05-25-2015 11:14 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I'll have me a few of em. They say walmart carries em now. Be nice if they did. Wal-Mart's everywhere.

Old Post 05-26-2015 12:29 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

These collars are still working great for ticks, but I have recently had flea problems in spite of them wearing the collars. It's only been four months, so I'm not sure they are effective as long as they are advertised to be.

Old Post 09-06-2015 03:56 PM
Budly
UKC Forum Member

Use Revolution also

The collars are only good for ticks. I use the collars, and then add a monthly application of Revolution to each dog. Now there are no ticks, fleas, or heart worm problems. One monthly revolution application costs around 10 dollars a month per dog.

Old Post 09-06-2015 04:07 PM
Budly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Budly Click here to Send Budly a Private Message Click Here to Email Budly Find more posts by Budly Add Budly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
howie
UKC Forum Member

I use seresto collars and I also use frontline as well.

Old Post 09-06-2015 04:40 PM
howie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for howie Click here to Send howie a Private Message Click Here to Email howie Find more posts by howie Add howie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote