UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Kansas Season Opens
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bebee
UKC Forum Member

Coon hunt 1-20-2016

This is a hunt I'm looking forward to, I have hunted with Dennis a couple of times and has some nice hounds that tree coon,Now I have never hunted with Jerrold Parker but I know he packs a coon dog that has done some winning so if my Bo dog can just keep up with the pack he might learn something this evening and if I keep my ears open I should learn a thing or to myself this will be a fun evening of hunting with 2 good guys and their good hounds

BEBEE'S KANSAS BLUE SUE II---GR NT CH PR MAILES BLUE SUE'S RATTLER X. PR BEBEE'S KANSAS BLUE SUE

BEBEE'S KANSAS BLUE SIS---GR NT CH PR MAILES BLUE SUE'S RATTLER X PR CRIPPS ROCK CREEK BLUE DAISY

DOGS GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
PR BEBEE'S KANSAS BLUE SUE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-20-2016 01:32 PM
bebee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bebee Click here to Send bebee a Private Message Click Here to Email bebee Find more posts by bebee Add bebee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Bebee, how in the world do you know Parker has a decent hound? You have never hunted with him, are you from Oklahoma? Sounds like a computer coon hunter.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 01-20-2016 04:25 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bebee
UKC Forum Member

Elbrader

I'm not from Oklahoma but I do get alot of my information from the computer lol

BEBEE'S KANSAS BLUE SUE II---GR NT CH PR MAILES BLUE SUE'S RATTLER X. PR BEBEE'S KANSAS BLUE SUE

BEBEE'S KANSAS BLUE SIS---GR NT CH PR MAILES BLUE SUE'S RATTLER X PR CRIPPS ROCK CREEK BLUE DAISY

DOGS GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
PR BEBEE'S KANSAS BLUE SUE

Last edited by bebee on 01-20-2016 at 08:35 PM

Old Post 01-20-2016 08:24 PM
bebee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bebee Click here to Send bebee a Private Message Click Here to Email bebee Find more posts by bebee Add bebee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Parker, Bebee and I hooked up and treed a few. Bebee quit at midnight, we finished at 6. Treed 8 trees with coon, at least that many den trees and I believe 4 ground holes. Snowing at times and some wind. I'm getting too old for this type of hunting.

And Many More

Old Post 01-21-2016 06:10 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

189 trees with coon and 33 nights of hunting. One big white kitty and one possum. To my knowledge no deer or coyote races. Phil Davis had Echo and she half way treed a bobcat. Today's hounds are not as trashy as hounds I hunted 40 years ago. I kept a couple good switches in the truck ready to use. I remember Paul Vaughn having a leather razor strap he carried. Paul hunted hard and had a top hound. If your dog box didn't smell like skunk you weren't hunting a young dog.

And Many More

Old Post 01-22-2016 04:00 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with Mr Crain tonight. Treed 3 trees with coon and 3 den trees.

And Many More

Old Post 01-23-2016 05:18 AM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Are you two old timers done hunting already? How are you ever going to have a supper no harder than you hunt?

2014 UKC TOP 100
Ch GrNtCh HomeBrew Blue Bo Diddly
2015 WORLD CHAMPION BLUETICK
Gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Pine Hill Bonnie

Old Post 01-23-2016 05:22 AM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

We get to feeling guilty about not leaving a few for the younger hunters. You know, the guys that still have to get permission from the boss.

And Many More

Old Post 01-23-2016 05:09 PM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Mr.Crain & his walkers must of put it on you & your boo ticks. That or you retired from hunting. Oh I bet miss Deb won't give you permission to go hunting because we all know she's the boss. Lol

2014 UKC TOP 100
Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 01-27-2016 09:38 AM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Deb is the boss. I ask if it's ok to make coffee. Crain has his walker hounds fine tuned. I just wish mine could stay in hearing distance. I have noticed a few that I hunt with will tag team a fella if given a chance.

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 01-27-2016 at 02:45 PM

Old Post 01-27-2016 02:04 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hadn't been for a few nights but met Steve to tree a few. Irene & Penny fell treed at 230 yds with a coon. We sent on where they struck at 300 yds trailed around 400 treed anouther. We loaded up and went a half mile. They went in around 300 yds worked a swamp for a couple minutes and treed a coon. We sent on where Penny got treed. Irene had went a little different direction but covered. They were split 30 yds apart. Irene had a coon. We treed two dens after that. I sent Irene 2 times alone and she treed coon both times. 6 trees with coon and two dens.

And Many More

Old Post 01-28-2016 06:40 AM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like you had a good hunt there ole timer. I sure hope when I grow up & can have a coon dog to compete with what your hunting.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 01-28-2016 06:44 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Mr Parker, competition is different than boo ticking around like my junk. They tree a few easy coon on a good night.

And Many More

Old Post 01-28-2016 03:20 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Watched TV with the wife until around 10:30 before going hunting. I took my Flo pups with Irene. Irene is started in heat but Sawyer is too young to realize it. First dump Irene opened a time or two, went a couple hundred yards and treed a coon. Pups are going good and Sawyer treeing some. Probably just barking like he knows what's going on. Next dump she opens at 460 yds and gets treed on # 2. The next deal she opens at 640 yds and trees at .58. Squall ed it out for the pups. Sawyer opened good and stayed close to Irene. They treed it after running 300 yds. Last two dumps they went through both sections and didn't open.

And Many More

Old Post 01-30-2016 08:47 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Duane Swofford was up for a hunt. Treed 4 trees that we saw coon in and Flo caught one in a pond. Boomer was a mile away treed on a 26# boar. The hounds struggled on a couple deals early. They did a decent job on some running boar coon. Hope we can get some pups out of those two hounds.
That makes 37 nights of hunting 206 trees with coon. I count one that is caught in a hole or pond as a coon treed if I see the coon.

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 01-31-2016 at 03:16 PM

Old Post 01-31-2016 03:09 PM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Hey ole timer if your not scared or if miss Deb will let you leave the farm why don't ya come up Thursday for a hunt? But I understand if your scared or the boss tells you NO. Let me know if your coming or not. I promise you'll be in bed before 8am. Lol

2014 UKC TOP 100
Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 02-02-2016 05:09 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I met Richard Eddinger & Jake Hall for a bluetick coon treeing. Richard had a nice young gyp that will flat get through the country. The hounds struggled on a couple tracks but did good on a few also. Treed 4 trees with coon a couple den trees and a couple trees where the coon had left before the hounds got there. Sure enjoyed the hunt since i was able to keep up and not slow them down. Tonight is why I still enjoy hunting. Great guys to hunt with and nice hounds.

And Many More

Old Post 02-02-2016 07:57 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Jerrold, it's going to get cold and Irene is in heat. I don't think I can get permission from the boss.

And Many More

Old Post 02-02-2016 07:59 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Bebee was up with Bo. I took Flo & Sawyer. Treed the first coon .7 mi from where we cut loose. Sawyer went 550 yds before heading back. Next deal Sawyer didn't go. Bo & Flo went right at a mile to strike. After a little pecking they split treed 40 yds apart. We got to Bo and Sawyer decided he would tree a little. After getting the coon out I went to Flo and she had hers. Next dump they went in 600 yds to strike and treed a coon after working the track 200 yds. We treed a couple den trees and a slick tree later on. Tracking seemed to be tough all night.

And Many More

Old Post 02-05-2016 06:27 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Went over to Jerry's for a hunt. Treed a couple coon and two dens . Jerry is getting corn ground ready for planting and had a full day tomorrow. I took Flo and my male pup and cut them. Flo struck 75 yards away and worked the track a couple hundred yards and got it to running. The pup was opening a little. Flo treed .97 miles from me. Had to walk 780 yds to her. Looked for the coon for and decided it had crossed out. There was a couple of escape routes. One last glance and there it was waded up in a difficult to see location. Shot one time and the coon fell over in a fork and hung up. Next deal Flo went a half mile. Her first bark was a locate. Big tall tree and I was short on bullets. After hitting it a couple times and missing a half dozen the last bullet brought it down. I headed for the house. We treed 4 trees with coon and 2 dens. We ended up looking at 11 coon. Glad to see a few late in season.

And Many More

Old Post 02-07-2016 07:22 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Season is about over and it was a little cold and windy. I was feeling pretty good when Richard sent a text that he was headed out. I text him back that I would be ready. It was a little after 8 when we cut loose. Bo went 750 yds and treed a big den tree. Flo had went the opposite way and worked a bad track to the road. I gathered her before she got across the road. The hounds went through a section and didn't open. Then Bo went right at a mile and treed a double. Flo was jacking around on a bad track that she didn't do anything with. She returned the favor on the next turn out, treed a double of her own. Last dump they went through a section with Bo getting a couple barks but neither hound could make it happen. Male pup is making progress. He's not one of those super pups that take tracks away from the old dogs or split trees on every coon. He is started treeing with a little more intensity and going a little better.

And Many More

Old Post 02-10-2016 06:18 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

At this point of season the total is 220 trees with coon seen and 41 nights of hunting. Just a little over 5 coon per night average. Sure is nice to have a good coon population.

And Many More

Old Post 02-10-2016 03:49 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

The worst night of coon hunting in months. Treed a coon on the first dump. Three slick trees and some pretty good exercise.

And Many More

Old Post 02-11-2016 06:49 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Cory Cross from north missouri was down for a hunt. Cory has a nice young male from Bocephus X his grand night Sugar female. We did tree 5 trees with coon but a few dens & slick trees.

And Many More

Old Post 02-12-2016 09:01 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Cory & I treed 5 trees with coon before meeting Bebee to finish the nights hunt. We ended up treeing three more trees with coon. Treeing 8 singles in mid February will work if all you have to hunt is boo ticks. 234 trees with coon and two nights left of season. I have a few good spots to hunt that I haven't been in this season.

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 02-13-2016 at 07:31 AM

Old Post 02-13-2016 07:25 AM