UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Kansas Season Opens
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Landyn, the 7 yr old grandson and I had a little hunt. Flo got treed quick at 420 yds, Irene took a good track 250 yds on to a den tree. Flo had her coon and pretty sure Irene had one also. They went 1.5 miles through a section and never opened. Sent Irene alone she struck at 750 worked a track 200 yds and treed a den tree. It was time to take Landyn home. No strike on the next dump. Irene treed a quick coon on the next dump. Then she treed a slick tree, coon setting 20 yds away. She went .75 miles and never opened. I made several more dumps with no success. Two trees with coon seen.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-24-2015 09:11 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas

Dennis. I enjoy reading about your hunts. Keep it up. Some pictures would be nice.

Old Post 12-24-2015 10:44 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I knew someone would be asking for proof. Guess I'll have to get my light fixed that broke last year, my dog box loaded and borrow a good hound. Jack you have a good hound that needs hunted?

And Many More

Old Post 12-25-2015 12:58 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I did leave out a small portion of last night's hunt. Grandson had a good laugh and I guess the ol man did also. I slipped on a mud bank and pretty mush did a big flop in the mud and small stream. Glad we were only a mile from home.

And Many More

Old Post 12-25-2015 03:04 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Richard and I headed out around 10:30. Richard had Bo & I took Irene. We managed to tree 5 trees with coon and a couple den trees. Hounds looked really good at times and just as bad at other times.

And Many More

Old Post 12-26-2015 04:00 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

The water at the river where i hunt near record high. The 93 flood a couple feet higher but it's not crested as of now. The tributaries are just as bad. Guess the coon hunting is over around here for a few days. Cory Mailes and I plan on taking his boys pheasant hunting tomorrow. The man we hunt with in central kansas wants us to bring a coon dog if possible. Bob has a couple grandsons that wants to coon hunt. It's going to be cold. I sure hope we get a coon treed and a couple roosters shot.

And Many More

Old Post 12-29-2015 01:05 AM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Do you need to borrow a coon dog so you can possibly tree a coon? I may know a guy who thinks he has a couple.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Ch GrNtCh HomeBrew Blue Bo Diddly
2015 WORLD CHAMPION BLUETICK
Gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Pine Hill Bonnie

Old Post 12-29-2015 01:28 AM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Yes, I do need a top coon hound. I get tired walking to this common old junk that just tree coon when you cut them loose.

And Many More

Old Post 12-29-2015 01:46 AM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Wish I had one or even had one as good as you got. Maybe someday when I grow up I'll get one.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 12-29-2015 01:50 AM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Had a nice pheasant hunt but alot different coon hunting. Creeks have no water. The raccoon hang out around farm buildings or cattle water. Treed a big cottonwood and a hollow tree that was blown over.

And Many More

Old Post 12-31-2015 05:10 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

One can log a few miles on a pheasant hunt. Marty Mailes had a couple of good days of shooting. He didn't miss very many shots on rooster pheasants. We ended up bringing home 32 pheasants and 5 quale. I believe treeing coon is better closer to home.

And Many More

Old Post 01-01-2016 07:11 PM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like you guys had a good bird hunt. I enjoy a good hunt & watching a good dog work. Does flo & Irene point & retrieve the birds for you? Because i know they can dang sure tree you a coon.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 01-01-2016 07:23 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Garmin shows them on point when doing there best on a hot track.

And Many More

Old Post 01-02-2016 06:51 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with Richard & met Steve later with Penny. Richard had Bo and I had Irene. The cattle bothered Bo on the first dump and he didn't go until Irene struck at 950. They got treed at .73 mi. They had 3 coon treed. Next deal they went .62 to strike and was treed quick. Again having three coon. Penny the walker gyp split treed with a coon. Blue dogs didn't look as good. Then Irene worked a bad track 400 yds and treed a slick hedge tree. It connected to several different trees but a slick is the only way to put it. Coon treeing isn't as simple now as it was 40 days ago. I enjoy seeing a hound work a bad track and tree a coon.

And Many More

Old Post 01-03-2016 07:00 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Richard and I took Bo & Irene for a short hunt. I took Sawyer ( Flo X Rattler) for his first hunt. Had a couple deals that we didn't get a coon treed on. Then a hole and after getting them out of the hole they treed a coon. Sawyer hadn't seen a coon but fired right up like he hated coon. He found out coon have teeth and that really made him mad. Grabbed the coon like he meant to hurt it. Treed good on the hang up. Next dump he took off with the others but they didn't wait on him. He went a couple hundred yards and returned. Bo looked good on the coon at .75 mi.

And Many More

Old Post 01-04-2016 05:04 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Didn't leave the house until after 9. The recliner was begging me not to go. Steve called and challenged me with Penny. I already had Irene and the pups loaded. First dump they went over 700 to strike. Worked back toward us 300 yds and treed a coon. The male pup grabbed right away and treed on a drag track. Female pup was timid at first but pulled a little hair. She needs a little more time to grow up. We sent Irene & Penny on, they treed anouther one at 550 yds. Next deal they struck at 650 and treed a coon at .62 mi.

The walker boys may want to get on the want list for a pup out of Penny. Steve plans on breeding her to Mafia this spring. Penny is from Mojo x Gr nt Track man gyp.

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 01-06-2016 at 07:19 AM

Old Post 01-06-2016 07:13 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Steve & I got to the woods around 9. We hunted Penny & Irene. The hounds had to go hunting to strike and every track but one was a working type track. We ended up making six trees all had coon. We saw 13 coon total.

And Many More

Old Post 01-07-2016 06:59 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Jim Combs & Jake Hall was over for a hunt. Coon treeing is getting a little difficult. Things started off with den trees, slick trees and slick tails. We got on the right track and treed 5 trees with coon, 4 den trees & a couple big Oaks with big nest.

And Many More

Old Post 01-08-2016 08:00 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Richard was up with Bo for a hunt. Irene hadn't been for a couple nights so she was ready. Treed a den tree deep one the first deal. Then one of the largest coon I've seen this season. The last coon we treed was also a large boar coon. I believe the coon are breeding. Not a bad hunt with the temperature at 17 degrees.

Total for the season is 176 trees with coon, 30 nights of hunting and an estimated 286 coon seen. Hounds starting to figure out what we're hunting for.

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 01-11-2016 at 05:14 AM

Old Post 01-11-2016 04:48 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Jake Hall was over for a hunt. He brought his dog out of Tucker's Boomer he calls Blue. Tracking was tough and coon treeing wasn't all that good. Irene didn't look all that good but when you don't expect outstanding it's not disappointing if you don't get it. Boomer did a nice job working a track close to .75 miles treeing a coon. Treed a couple den tress and 3 trees with coon. Both hounds did a bang up job on a big white kitty.

And Many More

Old Post 01-12-2016 03:12 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Headed out for a pheasant hunt at 4 am. No raccoon hunting tonight. Sure looks to be the best night we have seen in a couple weeks.

And Many More

Old Post 01-14-2016 03:34 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Well the bird hunt was fun. Walking the tall CRP grass is rough on an old man. We did manage to harvest 10 roosters. Should of hunted last night but the recliner seems to grab me more than it did a few years back. A top young dog may get me motivated but I can't find one.

And Many More

Old Post 01-17-2016 05:46 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Richard was up for a hunt. It was after 8 before we left to hunt. It was 21 degrees, I told him it was just about right for a coon dog to look good. We treed one right off, 460 yds in. Then we ran one well over two miles but never got over a half mile from where they struck. The coon went to a brush pile. They treed one pretty quick on the next deal. Then Irene fell treed on a big cottonwood. Sure didn't find a coon or a hole in it. I'm not a smart man but it must of been a slick tree. They went through a couple sections and never struck and we headed in.

And Many More

Old Post 01-19-2016 07:14 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Set in tonight with my sweetheart. Bebee & Parker are making plans to work the elderly over tomorrow night. At least I'll get the chance to hunt with two super nice young hounds.

And Many More

Old Post 01-20-2016 03:53 AM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

I sure hope & know your talking about what you & Richard are hunting. Because we both know I'm not packing much but regardless it will be fun. I sure enjoy hunting with you Dennis. You of all people have tought be a lot not only about hounds but life in general. I can never think you enough. See you tomorrow night & you better get some sleep because where going to make it a all nighter.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 01-20-2016 04:46 AM