UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Price of hunts next year
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunts/hunters

With new format coming Jan. 1, get ready to have more food on hand & quality guides on hand till the 'strictly' $kc hunters get their 5 cast wins picked up to qualify for the BIG hunt. Unless you have way more small clubs than are really needed in a given area & not many $kc hunters in your area, i really think local club ###s are really going to jump during nice cool weather for entire year. 10 dog hunts will now be 15-20 dog hunts.

We don't have 1 hr. hunts up our way much, so are going to raise entry fee $5, but return CW winners their entry fee @ end of night.

Example: now- 10 dogs x $20= $200 to cover expenses.
next year 20 dogs x $25= $500-CWs $125- extra $5 UKC $100= $275 to cover expenses for club.

And that is saying ALL cast winners have + pt. scores or club will pick up the $25 not paid out, Plus should be extra kitchen money, if participants will eat at the club house before/after the hunt. Just an idea we're going to try. Take care, Ron.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-06-2019 04:12 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

competition hunts

UKC has just made it impossible for the average working man to be able to comp hunt. they might as well sell out to PKC. It's not fun any more to go. It's $100 any more just to go to a hunt. I can't afford it . Men with family's can't afford it every weekend.

Home of:
NitechPR Fitzko's Bonecollector Ravn
PR Fitzko's Hardwood Mighty Mouse
PR Timber Chopper Ace in the hole

Old Post 11-19-2019 12:24 PM
Daniel Fitzko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Fitzko Click here to Send Daniel Fitzko a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Fitzko Add Daniel Fitzko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

competition hunts

UKC has just made it impossible for the average working man to be able to comp hunt. they might as well sell out to PKC. It's not fun any more to go. It's $100 any more just to go to a hunt. I can't afford it . Men with family's can't afford it every weekend.

Home of:

Old Post 11-19-2019 12:24 PM
Daniel Fitzko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Fitzko Click here to Send Daniel Fitzko a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Fitzko Add Daniel Fitzko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: competition hunts

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Fitzko

If clubs do it like they should you should only see a possible $5 increase in you entry.
What do you believe is a fair entry fee that will allow the average hunter to go and the club doors to remain open in your area?
Here I've decided my regular open hunts will have a $20 entry fee and slams where if you win your cast you get at least $30 of your entry fee back will be $35. Breakfast is always free. This seemed like fair pricing for here and not out of reach for nearly anyone who wishes to attend.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-19-2019 03:44 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

competition hunts

$20. is justifiable and free breakfast. Here in NC they are trying to make us file bankruptsy because of Ukc. there is no free breakfast here. Our hunts are going up to $25 - $30 a hunt and only for an hour. So a double header is out of the question. I was fine with just fine with 2 hr hunts for 20 - 25 dollars. Some places around here entry fees are $35 for a small hunt and no free breakfast or win slips or trophys.

Home of:

Old Post 11-19-2019 04:13 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: competition hunts

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Fitzko
$20. is justifiable and free breakfast. Here in NC they are trying to make us file bankruptsy because of Ukc. there is no free breakfast here. Our hunts are going up to $25 - $30 a hunt and only for an hour. So a double header is out of the question. I was fine with just fine with 2 hr hunts for 20 - 25 dollars. Some places around here entry fees are $35 for a small hunt and no free breakfast or win slips or trophys.

Are these prices for slams where you can win $?
We have a variety $slams, regular hunts, double headers.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-19-2019 04:19 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

no, 1hr hunts

Home of:

Old Post 11-19-2019 08:26 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

That might be a little high

$35 for an hour hunt sounds a little high for an hour hunt with no pay out. You might double check with the clubs.
I want to clarify about my post. I'm not against UKC, not on hear to bash the $5 more a dog thing either. I'm just looking for ideas for the clubs that I'm a member of. I understand that most coon clubs are considered unprofit, but any business your in must make a little profit or sooner or later no club. Some of the clubs are taking about pkc, I couldn't weigh in because I didn't know anything about it. So last week me and Sam went and hunted in one. I'm open to suggestions because I believe we need local clubs. They help get new people introduced to the sport and they are a place for friends of a common interests to gather. So this post is just simply a way to talk about concerns and new ways to help the clubs survive. Thanks for the ideas.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 11-20-2019 at 01:34 AM

Old Post 11-20-2019 01:18 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adrw13
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Entry

LOL!!!!!!

I can edit too

I'll just remove the rest of my Statement.

Last edited by adrw13 on 11-22-2019 at 06:26 PM

Old Post 11-22-2019 02:17 PM
adrw13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adrw13 Click here to Send adrw13 a Private Message Click Here to Email adrw13 Find more posts by adrw13 Add adrw13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

Trophys

no clubs are giving anything except maybe big hunts.

Home of:

Old Post 11-22-2019 03:56 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Hunt Entry

quote:
Originally posted by adrw13
UKC is now Promoting Money over Titles and Trophies!!!!

I'll respectfully disagree with that assumption/opinion. The more accurate statement is "options" for clubs. And with more options, the clubs have choices as to what works best for them. Otherwise, keep awarding trophies like you always have if that's what your participants prefer in your area.

Old Post 11-22-2019 04:07 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, just go to a Hunt that is put on by UKC such as Autumn Oaks or Winter Classic. The trophies fill up the stage.

Old Post 11-22-2019 04:18 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, just go to a Hunt that is put on by UKC such as Autumn Oaks or Winter Classic. The trophies fill up the stage.

$35 for all a one hour minie slam qualifys you for is purity cheap to me.

You get performance points , cash that night , and get to qualify for the big show. Thats better than the prize at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box by a long shot.

Tar

Old Post 11-22-2019 04:45 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote