UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-09-2005 09:47 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clauzilla
UKC Forum Member

I haven't hunted much in the last few years........but I did see some things that can't be explained in this world, but that stays there.
One night we saw a dead person being buried, that was the scariest thing I ever saw as we knew that if they knew we were in the woods we would end up like the person in the hole they had just dug. I also lived in an country county and was told that what we see in the woods stays there for safetys sake. For the life of me I couldn't tell you how to get back to that spot.

The only other really wierd thing was during the last hurricane here in Fl, I was sitting in the house looking out the window as it was a storm in the day and I saw something sitting in the tree.......only I wasn't the only one that saw it several people did so I know it wan't my imagination playing games with me. We were told it was a type of Mothman or a being of that effect. It never did anything to us but sat in the tree trying to hide its face during the storm ( this was towards the end of the storm that he was first seen, but he stayed there for several hours) But without power and such there was not much calling of authorities to do and most cell phones were out so it wouldn't have mattered. He or it was about 4 feet tall and was sitting on a branch and it had wings like a lizard, they were not feathers but like strange. I gave a report the next day and was told that I wasn't the only one that made a report about it. I never saw its direct face though , it was like shielding itself with its wings, kinda reminded me a of what drawings of paradactils ( spelling is way off) looked like. I watched it for awhile and one time when I came back to the window it was gone. Don't know where it went but it was gone, it was freaky, but at least I know I wasn't the only person that called a report in the next day. They took all my info and told me it would not harm me, but to practice being sensible and if I saw it again not to try to get close or bother it but call them again.

Old Post 06-10-2005 12:59 PM
Clauzilla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clauzilla Click here to Send Clauzilla a Private Message Find more posts by Clauzilla Add Clauzilla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cliff monroe
UKC Forum Member

strange

I treed 1 night and when I got to the tree there was a 10 foot circle of corn next to it. i started to shine the tree and a bright flash blinded me for a second or 2. when I got to where I could see again i looked to the sky to see if It was lightning and everything looked good.I started to shine the tree again and another flash blinded me. After that I started checking around the tree and found a wildlife camera taking my picture whlie i was close to the corn pile. The first flash scared me so bad I thought that i had been struck by Lightning.

JCM

Old Post 06-10-2005 10:19 PM
cliff monroe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cliff monroe Click here to Send cliff monroe a Private Message Click Here to Email cliff monroe Find more posts by cliff monroe Add cliff monroe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 06-12-2005 07:11 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blueticks#1
UKC Forum Member

it was real early in the mornin and we had finally got a turkey to start gobblin we took off we got pretty close so we sat down and got ready and the sun had just started commin up and my grandpa was tryin to call it in we wasent their for 2 minits and i heard something behind me i thought it might be another turkey and it came up behind me not even 5 yards and it got right by my side i could of reached over and petted it it was a cyotte scared the living crap out of me it took off and i nailed it with my benelli 12 guage with a 3 1/2 inch turkey shot its head went over its heels and laied their i thought i gave my grandpa a heart attack i think i scared him more than the cyotte scared me thoughhe never saw it

Old Post 06-12-2005 08:34 PM
Blueticks#1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blueticks#1 Click here to Send Blueticks#1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blueticks#1 Find more posts by Blueticks#1 Add Blueticks#1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 06-13-2005 02:49 PM
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

Well its been a while since I brought this back to the top. Any new ones out there?

Old Post 09-07-2005 03:26 AM
redneckcoondog
UKC Forum Member

i know around here the moonshiners would tell old storys about certain hollers when we were kids to keep us out but it didnt work we had them figured out so we would sneek down and get some still beer nasty stuff

Old Post 09-07-2005 03:41 AM
redneckcoondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redneckcoondog Click here to Send redneckcoondog a Private Message Click Here to Email redneckcoondog Find more posts by redneckcoondog Add redneckcoondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boomstick
New UKC Forum Member

dont hunt on sunday or maybee the next thing you tree could be the devil. true story... went to a tree and looked up only to see a man looking back. i told him i was sorry and could i help him get down . he jumped down on his own and said that he was in trouble and could i help him . i said sure and asked him what was wrong. he asked why i was hunting on this day and started to tell me that he onced own as far as we could see in both directions and . i could tell that this guy was crazy and told him i would come back with some help . he was wearing a suit and tie and there was no way he could have climed that tree himself the nearest branch was 10 foot high. has i got my dog and was going to leave he ask me if i was happy... and to come with him and we would talk. i got the ----- out of there but to this day i will never hunt on sunday.

Old Post 09-07-2005 11:00 PM
boomstick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boomstick Click here to Send boomstick a Private Message Click Here to Email boomstick Find more posts by boomstick Add boomstick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GumSwampWalkers
Banned

dogs got in deep and treed and i went too them it was a cold crisp night outside moonshinin so i just cut my light and followed the moon well i kept hearing footsteps behind me and my partner was back in the truck so i knew it wasnt him so i kept on walking too the dogs i kept hearing these footsteps well all of a sudden i hear these footsteps move too the side of me so i start to walk too them and i yell howdy well the footsteps stopped i waited for about 5 minutes and then walked on didnt hear the footsteps again got my dog off the tree and was coming back i had my light on now because i was alittle spooked and i was trying to find where i cut my through and i got to about where i heard the footsteps and i turn my light on and i look around and i walked on out and loaded the dogs up and woke my buddy up and told him what just happend so he says he thought it was a dog theif or my imagination well we get back to where i heard the noises stop and walk into the woods on the right we get a about 50 feet in and theres a little grave marker it was so old and faded you couldnt tell a name and too this day i believe that there was a ghost behind me because one my buddy had a broken leg and was just along to listen too the dogs so explain this one to me it had me freaked out for awhile but i dont hardly think about anymore but its just one of those things

Strike and Tree em thats TIMBER!
Coming Soon too a Hunt near You

Keep Em Treed Boys

Old Post 09-08-2005 10:16 PM
GumSwampWalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GumSwampWalkers Click here to Send GumSwampWalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email GumSwampWalkers Find more posts by GumSwampWalkers Add GumSwampWalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-05-2005 03:17 AM
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

I don't like to tell this much, but this summer I was looking for my pup who was lost with no tracking collar and seen something to the side of the road and when I got closer I realized it was a person, went and got an ambulance and when I got back we took them back to where we seen the body and sure enough it was a young man who had been killed on a four wheeler. Me and my hunting buddy was really scared and was the only two in the whole holler so the thoght of this really scares me. We was in the middle of nowhere so help was pretty far away. So if any one out there is riding four wheelers please wear a helmet and be extra careful.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 10-05-2005 03:58 AM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bruce hammontre
UKC Forum Member

here's one

A few years back ! Maybe around 18 yrs? Myself and a couple of friends were hunting an area that adjoined a WMA and this was in febuary and it was cold ! Anyway we had a small bottle of brandy with us and was using it to stay warm so to speak and the dogs were running and were listening and we here this noise in the leavse from behind us and we joke about it being the gamewarden and are laughing when i turn my light on and shine and it hits someone in the face and sure enough its the game warden . He thought we were on the WMA but we werenot . told him that was not to smart to walk up on people in the dark some people don't take to kindly to it even if you have a badge?

Old Post 10-05-2005 05:59 AM
bruce hammontre is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bruce hammontre Click here to Send bruce hammontre a Private Message Click Here to Email bruce hammontre Find more posts by bruce hammontre Add bruce hammontre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-05-2005 10:52 PM
sheepster
Banned

My friend told me this story. He said when he was young he used to go hunting with his grandaddy. He said they went hunting one night and turned the dogs loose. They actually turned them loose in a plowed field and the dogs were headed for the woods on the other side of the field. He said it was a pretty good sized field though. They listened and right after they unsnapped them the dogs had struck but had not even made it into the woods yet. He said right after they struck the male dog was going crazy acting like he was baying something and was barking like crazy like he was looking at something. The female layed down on her side and was whineing like she was scared or hurting. They shined there light on them and there was absolutly nothing in that feild but them and the dogs. He said his grandaddy told him it was a "haint".

Old Post 10-06-2005 07:17 AM
sheepster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sheepster Click here to Send sheepster a Private Message Find more posts by sheepster Add sheepster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coachtater
UKC Forum Member

i got two good ones.

the first happend about 4 years ago. A buddy of mine had gone off to college so we hadn't hunted in a few years. Well anyways he comes home one weekend and calls me up to go hunting with him....well after the first tree we are driving out in the truck to go to another place when he says what the heck is that!...turns out there is this old barn in the middle of the field we were driving in...well the entire barn, loft and everything is lit up completely with a blue flourescent looking light....dangdest thing i've ever seen well we stop to look and we watch in amazement for about what seemed an hour but was actually on two or three minutes....well all of a sudden there is a flash and the light is gone....that wasn't the end of it...after we figure we better get the heck out of there we begin to speed away...well in the rear view mirror there is a light coming towards the truck and all of a sudden the light goes through the cab and lights the entire truck up and then its gone completely....and just like others on here the air had a definite chill for a second or two and then was normal....

the second isn't as weird but funny as hell...

the same guy goes deer hunting with me every year...one afternoon last year i drive up and drop him off at a stand well he climbs up and pull back the camo sheet....and a squirrel runs out and over his head and jumps to the ground....the guy just stood there he was so scared he had the stand and the tree shaking.

As for the light i have no idea what it was but i know i stay away from there cause the place makes your hair stand on in everytime.

Old Post 10-06-2005 04:00 PM
coachtater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coachtater Click here to Send coachtater a Private Message Click Here to Email coachtater Visit coachtater's homepage! Find more posts by coachtater Add coachtater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sheriff Andy
UKC Forum Member

several years ago (maybe 20) my dad's ol dogs treed in a big ol white oak tree in dead of winter. we found eyes in the highest fork and shot it. it wedged in the fork as we've all had happened. well he shot a whole box of 22 shells at it but it was wedged good. came back next day with a 12 gauge and in the day light could see it was coal black. instantly we thought he'd shot a bear cub. well 2 blast from his trusty 12 gauge brought it down. it wasn't a bear. we don't know what kinda cat it was but it was a feline. it was coal black and slick as a hounds coat, except for it's tail. had a bushy tail, was about 35 lbs., and had teeth visibly pertruding from it's mouth. like vampire teeth. we were hunting national forest land in ellijay, GA.

I miss Mayberry,
where everythings in black and white.
and tan.

Old Post 10-06-2005 06:32 PM
Sheriff Andy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sheriff Andy Click here to Send Sheriff Andy a Private Message Find more posts by Sheriff Andy Add Sheriff Andy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hump
UKC Forum Member

You guys have been watching to many movies. I'm not going to be able to hunt for a month after reading all of these!

Old Post 10-06-2005 09:05 PM
Hump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hump Click here to Send Hump a Private Message Click Here to Email Hump Find more posts by Hump Add Hump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-07-2005 01:08 AM
dirtysouth
New UKC Forum Member

about a year ago i was hunting one of my usual hnting spots on an old crooked bridge about 2 mile from my house. i turned out my dog and he treed in about 50 yards down the creek . i drive the truck to the edge of the creek which is about 25 feet from the dog. i get to the tree and out of the corrner of my eye i see something that looks like a coyote but is very large for a coyote. it then runs and jumps on my dog they fight for about 5 seconds befor i know what is going on. i then pickup a big stick and beging hitting the coyote trying to get it off my dog. the dog gets free then runs to an open field where the coyote catches it. i jump in the truck drive to them the are fighting again. i had a wooden bat in the truck i grab it and go to them i get my dog from it and throw him in the back of the truck the coyote then jumps at me and grabs my leg. i then break the bat over his head and stun him then i jumped on him and tried to rip his **** head off with my hands. i dident rip it off but i broke his neck i guess cause i killed him. i had to get rabies shots just in case. it turns out they thank the coyote was a hybred of a coyote and a wolf bred dog of a person that lived a few miles away.. i all ways cary a big knife with mw now and sometime at hunts people give me heck but i just ask them if they have ever been attacked buy a wild animal

Old Post 10-07-2005 02:15 AM
dirtysouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtysouth Click here to Send dirtysouth a Private Message Click Here to Email dirtysouth Find more posts by dirtysouth Add dirtysouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

My buddy at work coon hunts and did this.He has 35 acres but doesnt own the land 100 yards in front of his house. It sold and some City Folks bought it. Well, every weekend for a while they would come out and camp out on it. They would drink and cause his dogs to bark.They came out one weekend and were still up at one oclock. He slipped out and slipped over next to them. He went, WAAAAAAAAOOOHHHH, like a WILDCAT or something.He heered one of them young girls say" Yall here THAT" Another one said "yea Im GOING IN THE TENT" a few minutes later he went" WAAAAAAAAAOOOOOHHHH". They got real Quiet. Then he Went WWWAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOHHHHH". They come running out of that tent, PLIED into THEIR car and AINT EVER BEEN BACK SINCE. They left there Tent and all their stuff.

Old Post 10-07-2005 02:42 AM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chopper5
UKC Forum Member

THE SCARIEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE WAS HUNTING ONE NIGHT WITH MY COUSIN AND BOTH OF US FORGOT TO BRING THE GUN. HE THOUGHT I HAD IT , AND I THOUGHT HE HAD IT.THE DOGS HAD TREED AND WE WERE HUNTING IN A PLACE THAT I KNEW COYOTES WERE IN BUT I TRIED NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT . AS WE WERE WALKING TO THE TREE HE ASKED ME IF I KEPT HEARING SOMETHING, AND AS BAD AS I HATED TO I SAID YES, AS I HAD BEEN LISTENING TO THEM FOLLOW US FOR AT LEAST 10 MIN.ANYWAY WE WERE WALKING DOWN WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS A DEER TRAIL WHEN WE CAME UPON A FRESHLY KILLED FOX.AND,,,IT STILL HAD STEAM COMING FROM THE WARM INTRAILS IN THE COLD AIR. AT THAT POINT AND TIME WE REALIZED THAT WE HAD WALKED INTO THEIR DEN WHILE THEY WERE FEEDING,WITH NOTHING MORE THAN 2 POCKET KNIVES. THIS WAS VERY UNNERVING.WE SLOWLY WALKED OUT OF THEIR WITH OUR BACKS TO ONE ANOTHER SCARED TO DEATH.WE FINALLY MADE IT THROUGH THAT AND TO THE TREE, AND WASTED NO TIME GETTING BACK TO THE TRUCK GOING THE OTHER WAY,LOL.

Old Post 10-07-2005 02:54 AM
chopper5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chopper5 Click here to Send chopper5 a Private Message Click Here to Email chopper5 Find more posts by chopper5 Add chopper5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches
UKC Forum Member

nothing really spooky ut it was kind of funny. my daughter and i hunt together in our woods back of our house. went down the logging road and had turned her bluetick loose. we were just standing there, she had her light on low. all of a sudden i heard a squeak like noise next to me. it startled me as it almost sounded like a mouse or something. something whizzed past me and as my daughter turned to me to see what was happening, a bat smacked right into her cap. what i must have heard had to be the radar.

Milarkens Coronet. Bleu(Gandalf)
Milarkens Army of 12 Monkees(Pippin)
Gone but not forgotten
Grfch. Grch. Milarkens Reevewood Shi-Ster
Ch. Milarkens Sportie Shortie

Old Post 10-07-2005 10:20 PM
patches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches Click here to Send patches a Private Message Click Here to Email patches Find more posts by patches Add patches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-09-2005 02:06 PM
R and D Kennels
UKC Forum Member

in 1984 children of the corn came out i was 14 at the time 3 other friends and myself was hunting in our usualy spot the moon was getting foggy this particular place is a ridge on one side and cornfield on the other of this wide logging path we was walking along then all of stopped dead in our tracks all of us whispered at same time "you see that" ? it looked like 1000 kids was coming at us ...lol it was fog breaking up and moving rapidly what was so scary about this is the fact that movie had just came out and over that ridge down the holler its known for weird satanic type rituals

here's another not involving coonhunting but myself and another coonhunter

theres a barn on edge of town it sits 10 feet from edge of road at bottom of a steep hilly road its know as the bloody barn .. the story goes back in 1953 a girl who lived across the road from barn ( her parents owned ) went across to feed her horse like she did every morning well about 6:10 am this motorcycle came flying over the hill and hit her . throwing her and him into this barn killing them both . at 6:10 am on the anniversary blood stains reappear at the exact spot they died at ( this has proven time and time again with news media etc etc)

ok so my buddy another friend and myself decides to go drinking one night well we decide to go to this barn we drove by it no big deal well now we get brave on the second pass driving by yelling etc etc making assses out of ourselves basically we drive over to next road and decide lets go back ( i guess we wasnt satisfied ) this night was calm winds , about 50 degrees and clear as we're reaching the curve before you rise over to this barn we slide off the road and into a ditch we get out and theres a patch of ice on the road keep in mind this is the third trip around this curve within 10 minutes there was no precipitation nor ice there minutes before i had a jeep cherokee wagoneer we was all big guys so i was in drivers seat and i had my 2 buddies jumping up and down on back door gate to get the tires to reach the pavement and get some traction finally we get out of there scared to death .. get up next day my jeep wouldnt start towed it to my brothers he looked it over and decided the cam shaft snapped ( there was no force or collision)

i forgot to mention the town cop was sent there( on stake out) on the anniversary date years later after a few people noticed strange things on this date .. well he was quoted in the town paper as saying and i quote " the people of this town needs to understand i will never go near that road on this date ever again you can fire me or tar and feather me i do not care"

he never told the public what he seen .. but family members of today claim he told his immediate family he seen the collision and exactly how it happened this was several years after the accident

Last edited by R and D Kennels on 10-09-2005 at 05:11 PM

Old Post 10-09-2005 05:01 PM
R and D Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R and D Kennels Click here to Send R and D Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by R and D Kennels Add R and D Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote