UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Writing a Book
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Writing a Book

With all this scare about the COVID 19 having our non-essential business shut down, my wife decided that I needed to write a book. Since I try to keep my bride happy I agreed to do so. The book will give a little history about me but most of all, it will be a "how to" on calling critters. There will be a little on calling turkeys, a little on rattling whitetails and a whole lot of calling predators, primarily coyotes and cats. So far, it looks like we will end up with about 300 pages and approximately 200 photos, primarily color.
I am already getting pressure to do another book on hunting with hounds across the Southwest US. Not sure when or if I will ever get that done.
Adios,
Gary

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-08-2020 05:57 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoggyBayouBlues
UKC Forum Member

Book

I would purchase a copy when you finish your book!
Thank's in advance.
John

Old Post 04-08-2020 09:10 PM
LoggyBayouBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LoggyBayouBlues Click here to Send LoggyBayouBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email LoggyBayouBlues Find more posts by LoggyBayouBlues Add LoggyBayouBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gary

I will buy one too, just let me know when it's available. Dave

Old Post 04-08-2020 10:19 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

You could call that Yadkintar fellow up and get some catfishing advice to put in there as a bonus

Broke Back Kennels video productions

Old Post 04-08-2020 11:47 PM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Yadkintar is a professional on most any subject...
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 04-11-2020 04:17 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Roberson
Yadkintar is a professional on most any subject...
Adios,
Gary

Truer words have never been spoken 😂😂😂

Old Post 04-11-2020 05:41 PM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well y’all hurt my feelers again man trying to make a hand get talked about the way I do lol.

Tar

Old Post 04-11-2020 06:26 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Well y’all hurt my feelers again man trying to make a hand get talked about the way I do lol.

Tar

Lol Tar I m sorry , Your the sweetest person to talk with on the phone , Hopefuly we can meet up at Autum oaks and Ill give you a big hug and kiss.

Old Post 04-12-2020 04:00 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Nope social distancing !! Besides that your ugly lol.

Tar

Old Post 04-12-2020 04:08 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

I may be ugly but I’m a good kisser 💋💋💋lol

Old Post 04-14-2020 01:56 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Ugly don't matter in the dark.

Old Post 04-14-2020 04:21 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BrokeBackKennel
I may be ugly but I’m a good kisser 💋💋💋lol

That is what Tarbaby said about you.

Old Post 04-14-2020 04:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

I cant wait to see you again either Richard

Old Post 04-15-2020 02:45 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:

You know that one crazy cousin in every family that you just never know about lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 04-15-2020 02:26 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Don't shoot the messenger.

Old Post 04-15-2020 02:55 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I will just leave it up to you brouther. Shhhhhhhhh stand still maybe he won’t see us lol.

Tar

Old Post 04-15-2020 02:56 PM
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

quote:
Don't shoot the messenger.
I would never do such a thing 💋💋💋💋💄💄🧘‍♂️🧘‍♂️🧘‍♂️

Old Post 04-15-2020 03:53 PM
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I wanted to name the book CARNIVORE after the TV show but that name was taken. I have landed on EYES FRONT which describes how a predator's eyes are set for judging distance and aiding in his ability to catch prey. It was also the name of a series of DVS's that I did with Mossy Oak back in the 90's and early 2000's.
Hopefully the book will be completed in July.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary

Old Post 04-23-2020 05:18 PM