UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Got to love a good hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preston Chadwell
UKC Forum Member

Got to love a good hunt

Went hunting tonight with a guy I met the other day and was looking forward to a few drops before the big storm blew through. I've got my 7 year old male dog and he has his female fresh off pups and a young dog. We cut them up the creek and before long they are in there about 700 yards as it starts to rain. We start to close the distance and I heard old trusty park it. Tree my dog. We let him tree for a few minutes and then started walking and I'll be danged if it didn't come a monsoon. We've gotta go get him so we keep trucking and lo and behold he's in someone's back yard with a big ol pussy cat sitting on the first limb. At this point we look like drowned rats and I was fit to be tied. So after the come to Jesus meeting me and the dead broke, ol trusty, always has a coon, perfect dog had I get to thinking. Now, I could've killed him for what he just did, but what would I have done if somethng bad would've happened to him on that drop? I wanted to shoot him, but in all reality I don't know what I'd do if he were to get killed. My point is, I'm thankful for alot of things, one of which is that old piece of junk I like to hunt. I'm hard on him, but he has been a good one even if he goofs up every now and then. Be thankful for the little things you have in life like the pleasures of getting soaked chasing dogs and the freedom to do as you wish. We make a lot of choices in life and one of those things that can make a big difference in our quality of life is the attitude we choose to have. Be positive and try to see the good in things. I saw my "COONDOG" under a house cat for the first time and I wasn't happy, but I got my "Buddy" back from a situation that could've ended in a much worse manner and we get to hunt another night if the Good Lord is willing. I'm thankful for my health, new friends, and yes the old potlickers we like to be perfect but never are. I would like to hear what you're thankful for in this life and how coonhunting has helped you to see the big picture and count the small blessings that often mean the most.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2017 05:02 AM
Preston Chadwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Chadwell Click here to Send Preston Chadwell a Private Message Click Here to Email Preston Chadwell Find more posts by Preston Chadwell Add Preston Chadwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bucky j pack
UKC Forum Member

Im thankful that jesus gave his life so who so ever wants can be saved . i got save nov 2008 it has changed my life for the best by far. An i sometimes catch my self putting coon hunting first AN I KNOW IT IS WRONG. I have to cheak myself. Jesus has gave me some ok coon dog not the best put i like them

HOME OF

GRCH GRNITECH CANA BABYGIRL HTX

PR THE GAME CHANGER

Bucky Pack
Mount Airy North Carolina
336-756-1287

ROMANS Chapter10 Verses 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

JESUS SAVES SINNERS

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2017 02:24 PM
bucky j pack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bucky j pack Click here to Send bucky j pack a Private Message Click Here to Email bucky j pack Find more posts by bucky j pack Add bucky j pack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote