UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Kennel question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

Kennel question

I clean my kennels weekly but what do you all use to kill the smell and help with the flys around the kennel

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-21-2019 08:35 PM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

I put fly traps around my kennels and bleach my kennels at least once a week.

Old Post 06-21-2019 08:52 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Everyone may not have the room to do this but I built above ground kennels on skids with poultry house floor. I have an area where I can move them three times one way and then start over. I move them at least once a month. I clean them every day and throw the droppings out in the pasture. Very little smell and very few flies. I should have done this years ago. My Kennels are 8 ft by 16 foot total with 2 4X12 sections and one 4X8. The most sanitary way I have found to keep my dogs. Cost $1000 for the materials.

Old Post 06-21-2019 08:56 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Try cleaning them every day.

Old Post 06-22-2019 01:25 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I clean mine everyday and bleach them every 4 or 5 days. I don't normally have a fly or odor problem.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-22-2019 06:27 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

daily

I live in the middle of a good sized city so I clean and bleach daily.This spring after a long icy winter I decided to build above ground kennels.Absolutely love them.Should have done it years ago.

Old Post 06-22-2019 06:41 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote