UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Price of hides
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

Price of hides

What are hides running. I tried to give 70 hides away last year no takers. I am happy to skin them if I can get someone to toe them to free.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2021 12:16 AM
Melblank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melblank Click here to Send Melblank a Private Message Find more posts by Melblank Add Melblank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

Sorry take them for free. I hate autocorrect.

Old Post 01-12-2021 01:06 AM
Melblank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melblank Click here to Send Melblank a Private Message Find more posts by Melblank Add Melblank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

covid got things messed up with auction and Buyers
Know a guy sold 96 green pelts 1.00 apiece
I sent some up to auction last spring done up.. After fees 1.00 average
Worth more then that to leave in the tree
A shame to shoot and let lay but what do you do when training pups?

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 01-12-2021 01:21 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

If you shoot like i do, i spend more on .22 ammo then the hides worth.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Old Post 01-12-2021 02:51 PM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

I just pulled 31 out of the freezer that I skinned over the season.. Only skinned 2x or better. The neighbor kid is going to scrape and dry for me, not worth it to heat my building to do it I'm afraid.

Hopefully I will get more than what the scraping and drying costs!!

I averaged just over $4 for put up coon last year, had 77 XL and above.. Probably only lost about $5 a coon when you figured out all the gas, dog food, lights, leashes etc.. But had at least a half a million dollars of fun ..

Sure no recouping any of your cost anymore with hides..

Old Post 01-12-2021 03:40 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

I hate to but we need to shoot some. We are overloaded and it’s killing our turkey population.

Old Post 01-12-2021 05:31 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

They are selling in small batches around Pennsylvania right now for $2.75 (maybe a few cents higher for top lot coon).

Old Post 01-12-2021 08:23 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick St.Clair
UKC Forum Member

There you go keep selling them for nothing, bound to make the market better!

Old Post 01-12-2021 10:54 PM
Rick St.Clair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick St.Clair Click here to Send Rick St.Clair a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick St.Clair Find more posts by Rick St.Clair Add Rick St.Clair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Make coon coats GREAT again!!!

Old Post 01-12-2021 11:56 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Unfortunately Rick, I believe you are on track.. Just kills me to leave a coon in the woods if I take it.. Absolutely hate it.. But they have no value and adding more to the pile isn't helping.. I'm down to 2x or better going to the sale, if anything will have value it will be them..

Locally I'd estimate the harvest is off 75% from last year. Hardly anyone is carrying any out and trappers have backed way off..

I probably left a 1/3 of the coons I treed this year sit, and I have never done that in a hide season in my life.. If i could tell it was small I left it.. After I knocked a couple out early, I'd wait and knock the last one out. That is on the state ground I hunt..

Private ground I knock every one out.. We are overrun with them up here.. It's really a sad situation.

No catch for a couple years might clear the back log..Might

Old Post 01-13-2021 02:50 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick St.Clair
There you go keep selling them for nothing, bound to make the market better!

I like the low prices, if means me selling (aka giving away)20 coons a year so be it.

Old Post 01-13-2021 03:05 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

If I could find anyone to take them I am happy to give them away.

Old Post 01-15-2021 04:53 AM
marpal
UKC Forum Member

Look up Groenwold Fur & Wool on YouTube and our can watch them buying hides.

Old Post 01-15-2021 05:32 AM
marpal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marpal Click here to Send marpal a Private Message Click Here to Email marpal Find more posts by marpal Add marpal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Fur Auctions

by the Pa. Trappers Assoc. over the last 3 weeks are dismal. 5 dollar highs on a monster big coon average around 2 bucks.. Muskrats brought more.

Old Post 01-18-2021 06:59 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Fur Auctions

by the Pa. Trappers Assoc. over the last 3 weeks are dismal. 5 dollar highs on a monster big coon average around 2 bucks.. Muskrats brought more.

Old Post 01-18-2021 06:59 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

green or stretched on those prices ,just curious

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 01-19-2021 01:07 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

NAFA..they are in bankruptcy..FHA..last two auctions didnt go good either..not much of a market anymore .china and Russia are about the last two big buyers of fur now...

Old Post 01-19-2021 01:59 AM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

I don’t keep any but the local trapper said he got a $4.81 average on processed coons here in Iowa selling to Groenwold. Probably misspelled that

Old Post 01-19-2021 02:37 AM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

I live in Memphis, TN. I’d gladly take any hides anyone is wanting to give away nearby. The kids want to hang them on the wall. I just bought a home tanning kit to play around with. I’ve saved a couple of my own, but a few more would be cool. Maybe make hats or a jacket for the kids or something. We’ll be at Winter Classic for the bench show if you are going and want to bring them with you.

Old Post 01-20-2021 01:10 AM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

So my old coon hunting buddy and I sold 34 prime northern coon fleshed and stretched in 1982 and averaged $34.00 ea. for the lot which made a total of $1428.

That $34.00 ea. in 1984 would equal $92.95 ea. today for a grand total of $3160.30.

I wouldn’t skin, flesh and stretch a coon for $10 ea. today!

Last edited by DL NH on 01-20-2021 at 03:06 AM

Old Post 01-20-2021 03:01 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

I think those hides are worth way more left in the tree for another night. Way easier to start a young dog with plenty of coon around. Most people knock coon out for themselves, in my opinion.

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 01-20-2021 12:05 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Boondok Kennels
I think those hides are worth way more left in the tree for another night. Way easier to start a young dog with plenty of coon around. Most people knock coon out for themselves, in my opinion.

👍👍 That’s the way I’ve always believed. Not just with coon either. Can’t enjoy hearing your hounds run dead game again! If the genetics are there they do what they do cause they were bred to do it!

Old Post 01-20-2021 02:03 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

I just sold 12 and got $78 (green)
$6.50 average

Old Post 01-23-2021 09:42 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
I just sold 12 and got $78 (green)
$6.50 average

that's the best ive heard in two years,congrats to you...

Old Post 01-23-2021 09:59 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

BIG OLE IOWA COONS

THAT IS DARN GOOD TODD. BEST AVG. I SAW ANYONE GET THIS YEAR WAS $3.41. I DIDN'T SELL A HIDE THIS YEAR. LAST YEAR I SOLD 26 AT $7.60 FOR AN AVERAGE. THE MARKET TANKED RIGHT AFTER THAT. GROENY STARTED OUT PAYING 9+ DOLLAR AVERAGESLAST YEAR, BUT THE MARKET STEADILY DROPPED. FUR IS ANOTHER OF THINGS OF THE PAST THAT WILL NEVER BE POPULAR AGAIN WITH THE LIBERAL CRY BABIES COMING UP IN THIS GENERATION. <v>

Old Post 01-23-2021 10:08 PM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote