UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog and garmin regular vs mini
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
g.austin
UKC Forum Member

Dog and garmin regular vs mini

What exactly is the difference in the collars? Is the collar shorter or what? Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-21-2021 03:18 PM
g.austin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for g.austin Click here to Send g.austin a Private Message Click Here to Email g.austin Find more posts by g.austin Add g.austin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Mini

Is smaller in size.

Old Post 01-22-2021 04:16 AM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

The mini was created primarily for beagles. The bigger one will beat up the front legs of a beagle bad enough to make them bleed.

That’s the only real noticeable difference I see between the two. I have 4 of them. Had the bigger ones when they first came out. My Mini‘s work just as well for me.

Old Post 01-22-2021 03:13 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

mini is a smaller unit. Probably best to stick to using them on squirrel dogs ,beagles or other such smaller dogs
I never had one but a friend did. He was always griping about it.
I have seen people on here say they don't last as long per charge. some swear the range is not as far.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 01-23-2021 02:31 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

check it.

Looks to me like the mini has half the range of the full size tracking system. I would prefer the full size collar just for this extended range.

Old Post 01-23-2021 10:08 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I have both and I see no difference in range. The only thing I see is that the mini battery doesn’t last as long without charging .

Old Post 03-03-2021 01:14 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Check this video out. Done by DU supply. My hunting partner of nearly 40 yrs. mentioned this today. We both have the minis for our beagles. He also has the TT5 for his coon hounds and finds there is minimal distance difference. We both live and hunt in mountainous areas in Northern New England and are quite pleased with the minis performance.

https://www.dusupply.com/garmin-mini-collars-review/

Old Post 03-03-2021 02:25 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Both will do the job intended..Just fit the collar to the dog you are needing one for..Running dogs folks like the weight of the mini..Range is comparable in both models..Battery life isnt..The big will run a few more hours..As a salesman I say buy one of each

Old Post 03-03-2021 12:40 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote