UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Another Deadline Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Another Deadline Question

There are deadlines for lots of stuff, But I'm seeing doubleheader hunts listing of 12 AM for say todays date 8/24/2019 and then 2nd hunt listed at 8 PM-----Now are clubs holding a the 1st hunt at 12 am on 8/24/2019 then the 2nd hunt at 8pm in the evening----UKC hunt entry's for the Autumn Oaks had to be in on I believe aug.9th by midnight--just when is it considered the next day--I always thought that 12 am was a new day--like we celebrate New Years at 12am--I know taxes have to be filed by midnight on the last day unless you get a extension--this question isn't a big deal to me but just wondering as we are supposed to go by deadlines.

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2019 03:08 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tommygunner
Banned

I wondered how long it would take for someone to figure out that at 12pm the date changes

Old Post 08-25-2019 03:24 PM
tommygunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tommygunner Click here to Send tommygunner a Private Message Click Here to Email tommygunner Find more posts by tommygunner Add tommygunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

I think the easiest solution is to make the deadline slightly before 12 AM (Midnight - technically the next day). Probably best if it were 11:59pm or something like that. I highly doubt that a minute would prevent anyone from hunting and it would cut down on a lot of confusion and having to list 2 different dates for the same night.

Old Post 08-26-2019 12:49 AM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMiller
UKC Forum Member

Common since

Making it way to complicated

Last edited by JMiller on 08-27-2019 at 08:00 AM

Old Post 08-27-2019 12:00 AM
JMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMiller Click here to Send JMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email JMiller Find more posts by JMiller Add JMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hommer
UKC Forum Member

Complicated deadline such as 12AM is good imo for online applications.

Old Post 08-27-2019 03:49 AM
Hommer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hommer Click here to Send Hommer a Private Message Click Here to Email Hommer Find more posts by Hommer Add Hommer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote