UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How many years left?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Carson ain’t 35 lol he is older than me lol. And he is bald too lol. And uuuuuuuuuuugly !!
ok one more B 4 I go out the door. Your crazy. iam soooo pretty.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-29-2019 03:38 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Finishing well???? I plan on going out kicking and screaming.

Old Post 07-29-2019 03:45 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Lol. I know a few that are over 70 and still tough as nails. Now, I have gotten a little soft myself both physically and mentally, but I am going to toughen up or die trying. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-29-2019 04:48 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Although I have already commented, I have been thinking that it doesn't matter wether we are 70+ or 20 we don't know that we will ever be able to hunt another night. We just need to be prepared. We will all die one day and we each need to be ready. So just consider please what comes after this life.

Old Post 07-29-2019 06:34 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Some might need to consider what they do during their lives.

Old Post 07-29-2019 06:37 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Richard we all need to consider what decisions we make in our lives. I would not intentionally offend anyone, but we all need to put our faith and trust in Jesus. In him I found real life.

Old Post 07-29-2019 06:54 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Sadly, it seems that often it's the last few years of a persons life that leave the most lasting impressions on those left behind. None of us escapes physical death. It's evident that there are a few who made the decision long before their time came that they were going to do it well. That's what I'm aiming for while trying to live well in the present!

Old Post 07-29-2019 07:00 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Richard we all need to consider what decisions we make in our lives. I would not intentionally offend anyone, but we all need to put our faith and trust in Jesus. In him I found real life.

Eye has not seen nor ear heard what awaits those whose faith is in Christ!i

Old Post 07-29-2019 07:10 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I am 66 and in very good health. I have a lot of years of coon and bobcat hunting in me in this lower country of Texas but not sure how many more years in the mountains of New Mexico and Arizona chasing lions.
Garmin and a good road system goes a long way in extending hunting careers.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 07-29-2019 07:28 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Some just needs him cause they are so full of BS they need help. some of us just do it because we want to. I see how religious some are. they should just keep it to themselves .

Old Post 07-29-2019 08:14 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Talking about religion never hurt anyone. No one is trying to shove religion down anyones throat. I for one am saved by the grace of God through faith in the finished work on the cross. I was a non believer until I reached 58. Praise God, I saw the light.

Old Post 07-30-2019 12:12 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Steeper Hills

I was on restricted activity for 9 months then entered a RQE with only a week of full activity and had to withdraw after an hour due to exhaustion as it was hot and humid. That was an awakening as normally I'd just gut it out. Been trying to get back in shape, but the legs don't seem to have the power anymore. I still hunt 5 night a week, but drive closer to the trees a lot. I'm 70+ in good health now and going to make another run at the World Hunt. I owe it to my young dog Zip.

Old Post 07-30-2019 04:09 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The older you are, the longer it takes to get over an illness and get back in shape.

Old Post 07-30-2019 04:19 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
The older you are, the longer it takes to get over an illness and get back in shape.
That's the truth. But you learn stuff also. Like I'm learning how to fall better. I've been getting a lot more practice lately.

Last edited by shadinc on 07-30-2019 at 09:26 PM

Old Post 07-30-2019 04:30 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have gotten real good at bouncing and rolling.

Old Post 07-30-2019 05:12 PM
BGathright
UKC Forum Member

I'm 60 years old. I am hoping for 10 more years but I hunt alone, so I don't know if that is possible.

Old Post 07-30-2019 08:52 PM
BGathright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BGathright Click here to Send BGathright a Private Message Click Here to Email BGathright Find more posts by BGathright Add BGathright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

BGathright

Sure you can, I am 70 years old, hunt in the mountains, and still enjoy going hunting by himself. I find that I am more careful when hunting by myself, I go at my own pace, rest when I need to rest and can just concentrate on what my dog or dogs are doing. I enjoy hunting with my buddies but still find a lot of peace and comfort hunting by myself. There is just something about being alone with no distractions, listening to a hound run and tree. Dave

Old Post 07-30-2019 11:07 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Dave I hunt 90% of time alone. just what you say . its relaxing .

Old Post 07-30-2019 11:17 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

But than iam only 35. lol

Old Post 07-30-2019 11:19 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Boy y’all make me feel like a lazy bumb I hunt 7 nights a week most nights but at 36 I can’t follow these hounds all night on foot. 1 mile that way, 2 mile the other way, no thanks I’ll ride to the tree and hope I can just cut em loose again tomorrow night

Old Post 07-31-2019 09:44 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
Boy y’all make me feel like a lazy bumb I hunt 7 nights a week most nights but at 36 I can’t follow these hounds all night on foot. 1 mile that way, 2 mile the other way, no thanks I’ll ride to the tree and hope I can just cut em loose again tomorrow night

I do the same thing 300 yards this way 300 yrds that way 2 nights a week in by midnight ride to every tree lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-31-2019 11:58 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

But Tarbaby, we have already established that you are a sissy.

Old Post 07-31-2019 03:07 PM
Rush Run Rebel
UKC Forum Member

I say this about that

Boys it ain't the age, it's the milage......you can have an old car (that's taken care of, serviced, cleaned cared for that is like new), or you can have a newer car, (ran the crap out of, never had the oil changed, never had any high test run thru her) and it's shot......well I have to somewhat Identify with the later though I do get my senior discount at the eat and park, and a new hip in about a month. Getting a new hip will probably be like getting a new cam and lifters????? in reality I watched my Dad;s hunting career come to a close, sad but still saw the excitement in him when he heard a hound run, sadly I write we will all end our hunting journey way before we want.....

724-415-7335

Old Post 07-31-2019 07:26 PM
Rush Run Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rush Run Rebel Click here to Send Rush Run Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Rush Run Rebel Find more posts by Rush Run Rebel Add Rush Run Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Tar , I think Mr Johnson is saying the donuts an fried catfish has clogged your intake up. You not getting the the right amount of air. Causing your motor to be sluggish. Catfish an donuts are good though.

Old Post 07-31-2019 08:11 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

I just know my dad left me a good example and I hope I can step into his shoes when the time comes. He never whined or complained about what he could no longer do but rather refocused his energy on what he still could do. Seems like a small thing but it makes life so much easier for those who walk a long side the one who can no longer physically do the things that once brought them so much joy. He was always thankful for the many years he had enjoying the outdoors.

Believe it or not there is such a thing as dieing well!

Old Post 07-31-2019 09:04 PM