UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce M. Conkey

Mr Middleton go to the map page and select menu and then the second for bottom choice will be show offscreen dogs or hide offscreen dogs. Since you are showing them it should say Hide offscreen dogs. Select that and they should go away.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-06-2015 03:52 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

You are the man Bruce. Problem solved. Thanks for taking your time to help us out.

Old Post 08-06-2015 04:20 PM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whitty
UKC Forum Member

Why can I not find how much battery life I have left on my Alpha handheld. I know I have seen it before but I can't find it.

Old Post 08-07-2015 12:13 AM
Whitty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whitty Click here to Send Whitty a Private Message Click Here to Email Whitty Find more posts by Whitty Add Whitty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Briefly press the power button to activate that. Then press again to return.

Old Post 08-07-2015 12:18 AM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whitty
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Old Post 08-07-2015 03:37 AM
Whitty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whitty Click here to Send Whitty a Private Message Click Here to Email Whitty Find more posts by Whitty Add Whitty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

How many of you use the lights on the collars when hunting your dogs?

Old Post 08-14-2015 03:34 PM
NJB6
UKC Forum Member

Lights

Only in an emergency situation.

Old Post 08-14-2015 04:51 PM
NJB6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NJB6 Click here to Send NJB6 a Private Message Click Here to Email NJB6 Find more posts by NJB6 Add NJB6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deschmidt27
UKC Forum Member

I use the lights to keep an eye on pups, but my old dogs "get gone" pretty quickly so I haven't seen a need for them.

Old Post 08-14-2015 06:29 PM
deschmidt27 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deschmidt27 Click here to Send deschmidt27 a Private Message Click Here to Email deschmidt27 Find more posts by deschmidt27 Add deschmidt27 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey

I still run Marshalls with the LED's and a blinker collar light pleasure hunting. I sure would feel bad if my dog got hit and those lights were not on. Usually it depends where I'm hunting in a competition whether or not I have a light on my dog or not in a hunt. If you have a sure enough coon dog, you can run them all the time in the hunts. I made it to the World a few years ago with lights on all the way just to prove a point on here.

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 08-14-2015 06:45 PM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryan Vines
UKC Forum Member

Mr Conkey,

If I have an astro 320 with a tt15 collar during a competition hunt and leave my alpha in the truck, is it possible to link up the alpha to the tt15 collar when your dog is a good distance from you after the hunt is over?? I read where they can only be tracked by one handheld or the other - Not at the same time.

Old Post 08-19-2015 03:05 PM
Ryan Vines is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan Vines Click here to Send Ryan Vines a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan Vines Find more posts by Ryan Vines Add Ryan Vines to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vabearhunter540
UKC Forum Member

Two TT15's not working

I just had 2 TT15's go bad on me at the same time that I've had for about a year. I have 6 TT15's and all have been fantastic. All of a sudden I'm having issues with the power supply with both of them. One of the collars won't take a charge and doesn't turn on. The other shows a full charge when on the charger but when I connect from the alpha it shows 3 bars charge and then quickly goes to low battery power after a few minutes. I've tried a master reset on both with no success.

Old Post 08-22-2015 01:08 PM
vabearhunter540 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vabearhunter540 Click here to Send vabearhunter540 a Private Message Find more posts by vabearhunter540 Add vabearhunter540 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

First thing is you say both are right around a year old. I would be calling the dealer you got them from or GARMIN at 1-800-800-1020 getting a couple different ones before the warranty expires.

My take on what is going on is the second one has the symptoms of a bad battery.
The first one sounds like a bad processor which is nothing you can fix.

If you wanted to experiment you could take the battery out of the completely dead one and install it in the one that show 3 bars of battery and that should take care of that.

If they were mine I would just get two new ones if yours is still under warranty.

Old Post 08-22-2015 02:26 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Mr. Vines I think I sent you a PM on this but if I didn't then this is a tricky one which I haven't tested much. Since you change the collar setting when you attach it to the Astro from the ALPHA then it would be like hooking up a new collar and I am afraid you would have to be near it. I think in the PM I said it would work but I have thought a lot about this. I will do some testing this week and let you know.

Old Post 08-22-2015 02:50 PM
OzarkLiven
UKC Forum Member

On my Alpha I zoom my map in and after few minutes it will zoom back out to the original setting all by its self sometimes not always any ideal why or how to fix this. Thank you for you time Mr. Conkey

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

BAYOU CREEK BLACK AND TANS

NATHAN PHENIX
1-417-255-5697

Old Post 08-22-2015 03:19 PM
OzarkLiven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OzarkLiven Click here to Send OzarkLiven a Private Message Click Here to Email OzarkLiven Find more posts by OzarkLiven Add OzarkLiven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

You have two auto zoom features on the alpha.
1. one is the dog auto zoom
2. map auto zoom

go to map and then select the menu bar from the bottom of the page. You will see dog setup and map setup. The auto zoom feature for each can be found there. turn it off

Old Post 08-22-2015 03:24 PM
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

alpha

My alpha will sometimes just shut itself off. I haven't updated it in 10 or 12 months . Any suggestions ?

Old Post 08-24-2015 03:41 AM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

hey bruce. i have alpha with 4 tt15's. everything is operating fine when hunting. recently one collar after charged the light doesnt show charged but always is. if remove from charger a second then put back on shows charged on charging cradle.

another collar every time put on charger it turns on few seconds then off and starts charging. take it off charger and collar starts up. no big deal beings i know does it but something obviously wrong.

Old Post 08-24-2015 09:12 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

ruttingbuck do you have the alpha that came with TT 10 collars or the one that came with TT 15 collars. They look just alike but there is a difference. The internal memory is about twice the size in the newer ones and they work a lot better without shutting down. Yes I would update it and also from your home page go to the trip computer and delete all our old information.

I think is you look real close at the contacts on the collars you will see some discoloration. Only thing you can do is to try and clean them. The collars sometimes start doing some crazy stuff and there isn't much you can do.

If they are under warranty which they should be, then I would replace them.

Old Post 08-24-2015 12:33 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Mr. Black and Tans. Today we updated two TT 15 collars and when we put them on the charger they will now flash red like they turned themselves on. After a few seconds like yours the went solid red. We connected and disconnected them several times and now the light comes on full red when charging. Did you perhaps just update yours?

I called Garmin and they had never heard of it. lol

I know mine flashed also the first few times I plugged it in. Now it is solid red like it should be.

Anyone interested we also tested a Mini T5 against several other models of Garmin Collars including the TT15 and it performed the best. Kind of impressed, actually.

Last edited by on 08-24-2015 at 07:17 PM

Old Post 08-24-2015 07:01 PM
Rob Fry
UKC Forum Member

???

what is the best way to get skunk spray off the collar ??? "asking for a friend " lol

" SPINAL TAP "
GR.NT.CH RAT SCOUT
GR.NT.CH. WILD SLIM ( PACMAN X JOEY)
CH 'PR' FRY'S WIPEOUT ZOEY (Z3 X LONE PINE LIL LADY )
'PR' FRY'S PSYCHO PAC (BELLAR'S PSYCHO X KALAL’S MINNESOTA WHAT’S UP ABBY)
cell # 419-438-6865

Old Post 08-26-2015 03:48 PM
Rob Fry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Fry Click here to Send Rob Fry a Private Message Find more posts by Rob Fry Add Rob Fry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

JB that is interesting. You both had ALPHA's and one had a TT10 and one had a T5 and the both quit tracking about the same time. Did the dogs get in deep water and perhaps they got wet inside. Where you by some type of transmission line to cell tower?

Rob we don't have much problems with skunks down here so I can't help with the skunk smell but I would suspect there are a lot of remedies used around the country.

Old Post 08-26-2015 04:54 PM
R HARSH
UKC Forum Member

ON MY ALPHA IF I DONT ZOOM IN OR OUT ON MY MAP WITHIN 30 SECONDS, IT AUTOMATICLY ZOOMS ITSELF OUT AS FAR AS IT WILL GO AND I HAVE TO PUSH ZOOM IN BUTTON SEVERAL TIMES TO GET BACK TO LOCAL VIEW. HOW CAN I CHANGE THAT TO NOT ZOOM OUT AUTOMATICLY??

RUSTY HARSH

CH GRNITECH 'PR' STYLISH GUS
UKC 2016 PREFORMANCED SIRE
PKC REG

APPALACHIAN COON HUNTERS CLUB PRESIDENT

Old Post 08-26-2015 06:26 PM
R HARSH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R HARSH Click here to Send R HARSH a Private Message Click Here to Email R HARSH Find more posts by R HARSH Add R HARSH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

R Harsh from your compass page hit the menu button. Then select Dogs Setup. Put your Zoom Map To Dogs in the "off" mode. Not stepping on Bruce but saving him some time. Good thread Bruce.

Old Post 08-26-2015 07:04 PM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
I use. On a young pup,but I'm gonna start using on all dogs,,it seems to help keep the coyotes away,,without lights on seems like the coyotes are more active,,and there are tons of them here,,thinking about getting some bells too,,I here they also help keep Yotes away,,and if they get within range,,I will keep them away,,,lol

Old Post 08-26-2015 07:22 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Hollow
UKC Forum Member

Dc30 collar

I have a dc30 collar that still works,and holds a charge good. The shell where the battery is,is cracked and missing a piece. Will Garmin fix this or is there a upgrade available? Who should I contact?
Thanks

Old Post 08-26-2015 10:18 PM
J Hollow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Hollow Click here to Send J Hollow a Private Message Find more posts by J Hollow Add J Hollow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote