UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thankful
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thankful

I use to be Thankful when a pup first barked at a coon. Now I am Thankful my hearing stills allows me to hear some of that bark.

I use to be Thankful to see the pups roll around and play when I would go out to feed them. Now I am Thankful if I don't trip and I am the one rolling around to get up.

I use to be Thankful when that pup made its first tree. Now I am Thankful to make it to the tree.

I use to be Thankful for some of the older men I hunted with and were happy to go get their dogs for them. Now I am Thankful for the young men that help with my hound.

I use to be Thankful to be able to work all day and hunt most of the night. Now I am Happy to hunt a few hours at night and be just able to get up the next morning.

I use to be Thankful for all the electronic stuff that allowed me to correct my dogs with a push of the button. Now my dogs are Thankful when I push the right button and correct the right dog.

I use to be Thankful for some rain to settle the dust and making tracking conditions good. Now I am Thankful for a little rain that makes the recliner look good.

What are you Thankful for?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2019 02:51 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

All the above Bruce.

Plus mrs tar got me a new boat seat for my boat for Christmas. Get a warm day I will put it in and the catfish will be biting before long.

Just the little things like hunting with my son.

Tar

Old Post 02-19-2019 03:03 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
memorymaker
UKC Forum Member

Thankful

Right on Bruce!

Home of:
GRNITECH(2)GRCH PR MEMORYMAKER TREE SLAMMIN' DANO. SIRE; GRNITECHGRCH PR MEMORYMAKER RUN 'EM UP RAZOR. DAM; GRNITECHCH PR ZIMMERMAN'S DEER CREEK DOT. (DANO HAS A 4 GENERATION ALL GRAND PEDIGREE & IS A GRNITECH HIMSELF). ENGLISH DAYS INVITATIONAL WINNER. DNA PROFIELED.

GRNITECHGRCH PR MEMORYMAKER COON CREEK CAPTAIN IS SIRED BY DUAL GRAND DANO AND WHELPED BY DUAL GRAND JOE'S HARDTIME KATE. CAPTAIN IS THE FIRST 6 GENERATION ALL GRAND IN THE ENGLISH BREED.

GRNITECHGRCH PKC CH PR MEMORYMAKER RED MIDNIGHT TROOPER. SIRED BY: GRNITECHGRCH PR MEMORYMAKER RED DOUBLE JED AND WHELPED BY GRNITECH PR COON CREEK JENNY. TROOPER HAS A 5 GENERATION ALL GRAND PEDIGREE. TROOPER IS NOW A 6 GENERATION ALL GRAND.

THE FOLLOWING DOGS (RAZOR,VIPER,DOUBLE JED,AND BONGO) ARE AVAILABLE FOR STUD THROUGH FROZEN VIALS ONLY.

GRNITECHGRCH PR MEMORYMAKER RED DOUBLE JED ...BY: GRCHGRNITECH PR MEMORYMAKER ROLLIN' RED VIPER & GRNITECH PR RAGAN'S HARDTIME JEWEL. (DOUBLE JED HAS A 4 GENERATION ALL GRAND PEDIGREE AND IS A GRNITECH HIMSELF)... (DNA PROFILED)

GRCH PR MEMORYMAKER THUNDERING BONGO... BY: GRNITECHGRCH PR WILCOX' THUNDER BINGO & GRNITCCHGRCH PR FISHER'S BLACK RIVER FRECKLES…(DNA PROFILED)

BOTH DANO & DOUBLE JED CAN SIRE A 5 GENERATION ALL GRAND PEDIGREE).
`````````````````````````
We have Frozen Semen from Razor,Viper,Double Jed and Bongo.

GRCHGRNITECH PR MEMORYMAKER RUN 'EM UP RAZOR…By: GRNITECH PR RAGAN'S REBEL THUNDER & GRCHGRNITECH PR MEMORYMAKER SMOOTHTALK ALABAMA

GRCHGRNITECH PR MEMORYMAKER ROLLIN' RED VIPER…By: GRCHGRNITECH
PR NASHOBA VALLEY ROLLER & GRCHGRNITECH PR MEMORYMAKER SMOOTHTALK ALABAMA

Old Post 02-19-2019 03:04 PM
memorymaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for memorymaker Click here to Send memorymaker a Private Message Find more posts by memorymaker Add memorymaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

All of what you said and much more but I don't have a young man to go to the dogs for me, lol.

Old Post 02-19-2019 03:06 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Bruce that is so very true. I am thankful for a great wife that has put up with all the above for 53 yrs.

Old Post 02-19-2019 03:09 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Preacher Tom those young legs helping out are great to have. Last night I had two young men with me and when we parked the Buggy they bailed out and headed through the briars to the dogs. Being a little more careful, me and my walking stick eased around the edge the best I could and picked my way to the dog. They had him leashed and was fixing to come out by the time I got there. Corey actually had started out and realized I had made it there. I just slow them down. LOL

Preacher Tom it is as exciting seeing some of these young men in the woods that have never coon hunted before as it is seeing a young dog tree its own coon. Saturday night we had a youngster who is 16 and not vary familiar with the woods. He was here visiting his cousin who called and wanted me to take them coon hunting. Well right out of the truck a deep steep ditch was to be crossed. The first young man was across there like he was shot out of a cannon. The young man that this was all new to acted somewhat different. First he had my size 13 waders on and he wears 10. Second he just didn't see getting across that ditch as something he was excited about. But he made it and joined his cousin at the tree. Finding a coon for young dogs is sometimes frustrating. Having young hunters finding coon for young dogs takes it to a different level. But is it all good and a person just has to be happy and make the most out of the situation at hand.

Old Post 02-19-2019 03:54 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

At my age, I'm thankful to have a dog that can tree an occasional coon and thankful to have a hunting buddy who still tolerates me.

Old Post 02-19-2019 05:04 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote