UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Female will not cycle
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Female will not cycle

A friend of mine has a 6 yr old female that will/has not come in heat. Does anyone have any ideas?

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-21-2017 03:16 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Kenny

I switched dog food to the Nutrina brands 3 maybe 4 months ago and my female is having her best cycle in year and half. Going to breed her next Saturday.

Old Post 05-21-2017 03:58 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roco7452
UKC Forum Member

Re: Female will not cycle

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
A friend of mine has a 6 yr old female that will/has not come in heat. Does anyone have any ideas?
Look into Bitch pills.

Old Post 05-21-2017 04:06 AM
roco7452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roco7452 Click here to Send roco7452 a Private Message Click Here to Email roco7452 Find more posts by roco7452 Add roco7452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Re: Kenny

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson
I switched dog food to the Nutrina brands 3 maybe 4 months ago and my female is having her best cycle in year and half. Going to breed her next Saturday.

What was you feeding before you switched?

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 05-21-2017 04:15 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Re: Female will not cycle

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
Kenneth same here . I sold Boo and she is " always in heat " during B&T days . The new owner says not even a sign yet .

Old Post 05-21-2017 01:03 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

A brand that has been discussed on other threads.

Old Post 05-21-2017 01:51 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Go look at the Thomas labs stuff on Amazon the breed heat powder and bitch pills got a buddy swears by it I am going to try it I feed value pack but granny is 10 yrs old I don't think that's it supposed to have what they are not getting in the feed they say brewers yeast and licorice root are two main ingredients.

Old Post 05-21-2017 02:15 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson
A brand that has been discussed on other threads.

Ok thanks, I had the same thing happen

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 05-21-2017 03:06 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

Are you giving this dog heart worm prevention???? Ivermectin???? I had a female years ago that would not cycle...the vet determined that I was giving her too much ivermectin. i have always used Zimecterin brand 1.87% and still do to this day, but back then I was giving the dog about three times too much. Never have had a heart worm issue.

Old Post 05-21-2017 06:38 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kevin Pruemer
UKC Forum Member

had three females that didn't cycle for 15 months, changed dog food and come in heat about 2 months later

Ph# 217-925-5543 or Email pruemkevin42@hotmail.com

We accept cash,check,or money order

Thanks for your business

Old Post 05-21-2017 06:40 PM
Kevin Pruemer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin Pruemer Click here to Send Kevin Pruemer a Private Message Click Here to Email Kevin Pruemer Find more posts by Kevin Pruemer Add Kevin Pruemer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

I HAVE A FEMALE THAT HADN'T BEEN FOR A 1 1/2 YEAR SHE IS IN HEAT NOW!!! I HAVE NOT CHANGED DOG FOODS, BUT I JUST HAD 2 OTHER FEMALES IN HEAT AND NOW SHE IS IN HEAT THAT MAY HAVE BEEN WHAT SHE NEEDED TO START HER CYCLE...

Old Post 05-21-2017 07:59 PM
steve pickett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve pickett Click here to Send steve pickett a Private Message Visit steve pickett's homepage! Find more posts by steve pickett Add steve pickett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

This is great news. We've found birth control for our dogs. Get them on the right dog food and we can hunt bitches all year.

Old Post 05-21-2017 09:14 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Bethlehem Blues

I see you have a pup from Leon. That is who l chose to breed Speck to. She is of the Gauge x Alice cross. How is yours doing?

Old Post 05-21-2017 09:40 PM
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

This dog has been on 3 different dog foods in the last year. Has not been wormed in 6 months. Has been on vitamins for several months. She has been in the kennel with a male beside females in heat, she has been in the kennel with females in heat, she has been in a kennel alone.

Don't laugh, but even fed the bitch table scraps instead of dog food.

I guess Breed Heat Power and Bitch pills will be next.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 05-21-2017 10:29 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Chk her thyroid I have a female I tried for 6 years everything she showed no signs of hypothyroidism but it was a last resort her levels were normal but what they call low normal anyway 60 days on soloxxine .4 m once a day and she cycled and had a big litter of 10 that's been over a year ago and hasn't cycles since but that litter has been so extroidinary we are gonna start giving her soloxxine once a day here real soon M I had given dr Roy's extra daily vitamins and everything else !, do not try pg600 and all that miracle crap cause I think that was the beginning of her problems but a free t4 test will give you your answer real quick and if she is below 2 bingo we have a winner ! Good luck 571-233-5819 if you would like to discuss in detail

Old Post 05-22-2017 12:02 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Google a product called concept a bitch also put some wheat germ oil in her food

Old Post 05-22-2017 07:07 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Sunlight

I have read that keeping a female in plenty of sunlight will make them go into heat. Also a guy from Canada (Mike Witzel) said raspberry leaf extract from health food store would also. Mike goes by cdrattler on here. Maybe he will see this and make sure I got it right but I am pretty sure it is raspberry leaf extract.

*NT.CH. MOSES' RUGGED RIDGE POACHER*

*GR.NT.CH. MOSES' PRETTYBOY POACHER*

*FCH CH GRNITECH SHATLEY LOBO*

http://www.poacherplotthounds.com/

Old Post 05-22-2017 09:04 PM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: heat

quote:
Originally posted by JR's blues
check with your vet on ovual. inplant works every time. Dr. Shutlz in Okemos Michigan is a certified Repro Dr. and he can help with that. 517 337-4800.

He won't do it unless he can find a problem with females repro system.
I've been there,done that with Schultz.He did Ultra sound on my female.He said 'she's is in perfect health,she should be having pups'
Next 3 heat cycles 0 pups
New owner took her off V red bag....she just had pups on her NEXT cycle.

Get the Dog off V red bag 1st.
JMO

Old Post 05-22-2017 09:21 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Breed heat powder is good to

Old Post 05-23-2017 12:38 AM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brady meyers
UKC Forum Member

Thyroid pills!!!!!!!! I have seen 2 females this past yr that haven't been in heat in over a yr. Both were started on thyroid pills and were in heat in a month

Old Post 05-23-2017 12:34 PM
Brady meyers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brady meyers Click here to Send Brady meyers a Private Message Find more posts by Brady meyers Add Brady meyers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Granny was in heat in August when I got her I am going to start her on the heat powder in July. She's 10 if I get 2 pups I will be happy.

Old Post 05-23-2017 01:15 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter1287
UKC Forum Member

Having the same issues. My female has had 2 litters one with 6 pups and the other with 9. Raised all of them. Comes in every 6 months like clockwork. Hasn't been in now close to a year. I have changed foods and everything.

Old Post 05-23-2017 08:48 PM
coonhunter1287 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter1287 Click here to Send coonhunter1287 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter1287 Find more posts by coonhunter1287 Add coonhunter1287 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny altman
UKC Forum Member

i bought a female 8 months ago, just for breeding she hasnt been in heat yet.and they swear she comes in every 6 months like clock work

www.altmanspressurewash.com

Old Post 05-24-2017 12:33 AM
johnny altman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny altman Click here to Send johnny altman a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny altman Visit johnny altman's homepage! Find more posts by johnny altman Add johnny altman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DwayneWhite
UKC Forum Member

Vitamins with lots of B vitamins, good food, exercise and patients. If that doesnt work for you. Give a shot of PG600. Do the vitamins at least a month before shot. If she doesnt come in all the way then It will at least reset her heat cycle. She will start cycling right agter. If 3 months go by and she doesnt do anything with the shot. Something is wrong with her.

Old Post 05-24-2017 07:58 PM
DwayneWhite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DwayneWhite Click here to Send DwayneWhite a Private Message Click Here to Email DwayneWhite Find more posts by DwayneWhite Add DwayneWhite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DwayneWhite
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DwayneWhite
Vitamins with lots of B vitamins, good food, exercise and patients. If that doesnt work for you. Give a shot of PG600. Do the vitamins at least a month before shot. If she doesnt come in all the way then It will at least reset her heat cycle. She will start cycling right agter. If 3 months go by and she doesnt do anything with the shot. Something is wrong with her.

Some just dont come in but once a year to tho. So i Dont really recommend the shot until after a year of no cycle. Unless you just want to move her heat cycle. That still needs to be at least 4 months after her last cycle tho.

Old Post 05-24-2017 07:59 PM
DwayneWhite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DwayneWhite Click here to Send DwayneWhite a Private Message Click Here to Email DwayneWhite Find more posts by DwayneWhite Add DwayneWhite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote