UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thyroid issues
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Thyroid issues

My hair has been falling out and getting thin. I have also been putting on weight although I still eat the same amount of food. I seem to have less energy and I am becoming lazy. I think that I will start taking some of my dog's thyroid pills.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-24-2017 02:44 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Coconut oil and punkin seeds Richard that's what doc said Richard.

Old Post 05-24-2017 02:51 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Richard,

That is a completely different problem. It is close so I could see the confusion. It is called low T not low thyroid. I won'y say it is from getting old, but it is a side effect of maturity.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 05-24-2017 03:08 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

"Maturity"..... I like that. It has taken me 69 years but I have finally matured. My mother was wrong. She said that I would never grow up. And my daddy said that I would never live past 40. I have proven them both wrong, just out of spite. .

Old Post 05-24-2017 03:23 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When I take my dog to the Vet to get her T4 level checked can they draw my blood and check my level also? Is it the same test? Where is Dr Allahda?

Old Post 05-24-2017 04:12 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Thyroid issues must be a big thing in guys. I just heard an ad on the radio for a Low T Center that just tested men's T level and sold meds to increase it. They said that a low T level decreased your performance. That is what happened to my dog. I wonder if I should take her with me to the Low T Center?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-24-2017 at 06:30 PM

Old Post 05-24-2017 05:55 PM
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Increasing her T level will probably just make her ornery. lol

Aim small miss small

Old Post 05-24-2017 06:46 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote