UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thank you Mr. Carroll
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thank you Mr. Carroll

We hear about all the dog deals that go South. I would like to share about one that on my end worked as planned and the pup I received was better than expected.

Don't remember exactly how the initial conversation got started but I think through PM Mr. Carroll mentioned he had an older female that had Wick's Hawk in her pedigree. I was always a big fan of that dog and raised several pups out of him when Mr. Roy owned him. Anyway I was excited to think about getting a pup from some lines I had many years ago. Then Mr. Carroll said the Dams Sire was Tequila Sunrise. It was getting better all the time. As Sunrise is another favorite.
Mr. Carroll then informed me that he would save me a pup and that I might recognize the Sire. Bone Collector.
I contacted my Dog Hauler and asked him to plan a trip to OK. He said he might need either an Indian Scout or Passport for that part of the country. I asked him to Please figure it out and head West. LOL
Well yesterday about 5 PM my pup arrived at the house and I will say the pup exceeded expectations. Really nice built pup that has been cared for and has a real good personality.
Another dream in the pen and time will tell how it all works out. Thanks Mr. Carroll.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 05-12-2017 at 04:05 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:02 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bruce I was going to get one of those pups but my new female out of granny is coming in heat so I passed there is no reason that cross won't be one for the record books. Good luck and enjoy that pup.

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:10 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Good luck with your pup Bruce.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)
PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Holly NBPPA'S 1st Total Dog Winner 2011
GRPCH Jollife's Valleyveiw Cally (Pumpkin) 2011 WV High Point PP Hound
HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget 2011 WV PP State Run-off Winner
NTCH CH Bone's Relic Hunter (Moose)
Bone's Smooth Southern Shine [Stolen}

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:45 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thats Steve. Some of our conversations in the past guided me in this direction.

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:55 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure glad you like the pup.

His mama is nice, and these pups went to good hunters.

I have a sister to him here that I sure like.

I look forward to hearing good reports on him in the days ahead.

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:06 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Bruce when you have a chance, post a picture of your Bone pup.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)

Old Post 05-13-2017 11:58 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Good deal Bruce! I love hunting pups I have some that were just born so maybe This fall they will make me get back in the woods

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 05-14-2017 03:21 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Steve here is my pup.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 05-14-2017 at 12:15 PM

Old Post 05-14-2017 11:57 AM
D Compton
UKC Forum Member

Sharp looking pup, good luck!!!!

Old Post 05-14-2017 04:19 PM
D Compton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Compton Click here to Send D Compton a Private Message Click Here to Email D Compton Find more posts by D Compton Add D Compton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

We all like cute pups and most are. Tickled with his looks and most of this line look like that. Several things I see that are more important. He is well built and a bold pup. I drive out to the dog pen and he is running loose witha couple deer hound pups. I pull up in the ranger and his is jumping up in the floor board wanting some attention. Not running from it and acting crazy is what counts at this age. I make a lot of noise around pups and banging feed bowls and hitting stuff doesn't bother him a bit. Not sure what Mr. Carroll has fed him but he has done well on it.

Back in the spring of 15 I went to a major hunt that had a Baby Stakes hunt. There were more Bone pups there than any other Sire had there. All big well built hounds. Also had a few conversations from a couple guys on this board that raised Bone pups and they were very pleased. But Bone being the sire wasnt the reason I got him. But he cant take anything away either.
The Dam is out of Tequila Sunrise and I have some experience with those dogs and they speak for themselves. But Sunrise wasnt the reason I got him either.
Mr. Carroll I think had seen me mention Wicks Hawk on this board. Mr. Roy Tramble owned Hawk when I visited him in KY many years ago and he also brought him down here and we hunted these swamps. I took a liking to Hawk and raised a few different pups out of him over the years and was never disappointed. Anyway Mr. Carroll said Hawk was up close in this pups pedigree and i wanted one more go round with some of those genetics. Hawk was out of two time world champion Lucketts Old Duke and Old Hawk is an old time favorite of mine. So good or bad Hawk is what got me interesed in this pup.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 05-14-2017 at 06:45 PM

Old Post 05-14-2017 06:30 PM
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Woa!!!! he's a looker. Love his head.

Old Post 05-15-2017 12:45 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Teaching Hawk his name and to come!

https://youtu.be/mz1LXOtMKW0

Old Post 05-24-2017 07:59 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

He's sure looking good.

Old Post 05-24-2017 11:26 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I have been working with him so often all the dogs think they are named Hawk.

He isn't afraid of anything and will jump in or out of the ranger if its running, moving or sitting still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRqgrL_ZQk

Old Post 06-10-2017 03:36 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I have been working with him so often all the dogs think they are named Hawk.

He isn't afraid of anything and will jump in or out of the ranger if its running, moving or sitting still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRqgrL_ZQk

My sister to him is a big, rawboned houndy outfit.

She has a head full of sense.

Old Post 06-10-2017 11:28 PM
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

pup

I'm an English man but know what a good dog is, or in this case, what a good pup looks like. And that sir is a good looking rascal!! Hope he fills all your expectations.

Ch GrNiteCh. Ch. Ramey's Oakwood Woody
PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
NITECH CH PR Hardin-Williams Spider
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 06-11-2017 12:36 AM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote