UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > redstick Ann
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann is still doing a fine job here in South Louisiana weather haven't been to a ukc hunt in a while but will be going to the next few hunts to try and finish her to grand. She is making a way better dog than I give her credit for. We hunted $kc hunt Friday night and won with 300+ on two coons. And was taken back out for a another two hours and she won the late round also with 400 circle in some pretty rough timber to shine a tree. But she didn't know it was 1:00 am. She is a very hard hunting dog when hunted alone. Not the best dog I've on but she is one that will eat at my home until she die. And any one no me know I like to move one when they get to where I m looking for the next young dog to make me put a light on a go.
Keep them coming
Redstick Blues.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-21-2015 06:07 PM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann

Btt

Old Post 11-20-2015 05:58 PM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann

Btt

Old Post 11-20-2015 05:59 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann wins

Took Ann to a hunt . Drew three walkers Ann treed one alone and treed the second coon first had two dogs shut out on tree the other one came in just before the time. Getting close to grand.

Old Post 11-22-2015 06:24 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann wins

Took Ann to a hunt . Drew three walkers Ann treed one alone and treed the second coon first had two dogs shut out on tree the other one came in just before the time. Getting close to grand.

Old Post 11-22-2015 06:24 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ANN

Congrats on the win Sleepy!!

Old Post 11-22-2015 10:52 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

I keep saying Ann is not the best I've own but she must be trying to prove a point. First drop I struck first one dog took a trip threw the woods. I was hunting with the deep and alone type dogs. The other one was running around back a forward with that bright green light that u can see a hundred yards in the fall time. One dog treed , 200 yards in and I heard Ann locate and treed her second then the other dog came into the tree once we got there Ann was on the ground trailing about 50 yards away so I took a 75 minus we shine and no coon seen. Recast two dogs and they took out pass Ann and she never stop working. Until she got treed . once we come in to the tree we had a none hunting judge and he found the coon setting up looking. The other two dogs was working away from us and I don't have to walk her at all so I heard the dogs open I cut her from the tree and the two dogs treed we walk that way and Ann went that way and struck in we're the two dogs was treed she was trailing from the tree but the cast had to handle there dogs and they walk right on top of her and she went back to the tree and I handle her. No coon seen in the tree coon was spotted four trees over. Might think would she have went there.
Time was call to find the long range. Found her 1.5 miles off tthe road with a coon. Next drop struck second one dog treed first and keep going another 200 dog treed first move deeper Ann treed first two others treed behind once we made it one dog fell out about 15 feet and was hurting bad. Ann was at the base of the leaning tree. Coon found by none hunting judge plus it up hunt was over. Ready for the next one. Natural smoke river rebel / iL Blue Ann ll

Old Post 11-22-2015 06:43 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Sleepy you have what it takes to get another one. That Tramp II dog should make a good cross on Ann. Duane Swofford has a hound he calls Boomer that would be good. If you breed her to Boomer I want one.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 11-22-2015 07:30 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann

Got a chance to get off the road so when I got home I wasn't going to go hunting was going to let my two pups run the yard while I clean my pen out. While I was washing my pen I saw my pup trailing around the tree that I work my pup on so I played with him and he went to treeing. So I loaded Ann and Fly up and mad a drop. Didn't take long Ann struck quick and Fly covered right quick they went in 200 yards Ann treed. I listen awhile for fly. She put in on the tree so I decided to go back to the truck and get the rifle but she stop by the time I got back she is on the right track for sure now. She was still at the tree when I got there but I didn't kill the coon so I can run him tell she lock him down.
Better hunting (redstick blueticks)

Old Post 11-25-2015 07:56 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann/Glass

Been talking with my buddy for the last few months back since his hunting drop off. About me getting Glass back from him and not letting him go to waste. He haven't hunted him since March and still slacking. So I made him a offer he couldn't refuse. (Lol) Pick him up last night and took him straight to the wood's. That dog was so happy to go hunting that Ann struck a track about 300 yards and he never back her he went on and she treed at 800 yards in with a coon, glass went around a lake at .86 and it went to nothing. So I loaded up and cut loose again Ann struck quick went 260 glass struck and went in 400 Ann treed glass keep going Ann with a good tree hard to get a good place to shine. Leash her up and listen for glass he don't open much but he will open on some better than others. Glass treed 600 from me so I keep Ann on the leash and went to him by the time I got close he stop and I saw him on the ground so I cut Ann and looked around a some eyes looking but not what I wanted. But he got out of there and they found a track together and took it 100 Yard's and they both treed hard with a coon so I put it on the ground. He is out of shape and need some get right handling and he will be back in tune. Glass will be a performance stud for 2016 and will be hunting him in some hunts to finish him to nite champ. Hopefully.

Redstick. Ann /Glass They are hevy I'll Jake breeding from Ed Mauney.

Old Post 12-05-2015 03:10 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann wins

Took Ann to another hunt last night Drew some good hunters handling their hounds. Ann struck first and they took a track straight away and at 800 yards we tryed to stay close. Two dogs treed Ann was treed 3 min. After once we got on they we're split two were together no coon found walker dog 4 treed while we were shining and it had a possum. Ann was by her self with a coon
Next drop they ran a coon for 30 min. Hard Ann pulled up and treed but I waited until the other dog treed before I tree her cause I had first strick and no minus . so no need to since I no the other dog s points. Went to the tree and found the coon. Put out one more time Ann struck on third and worked a bad track until t
he hunt was over. Gave her another win 375+.
Redstick Ann.

Old Post 12-07-2015 12:01 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Glass

Thanks for the compliment on Ann Mr.Gayle. I enjoyed hunting her with good dog's.

Took Glass out to knock some weight and get him tune up since I got him back. And he is still the type of hound that u better be ready to go hunting and get him off a tree. He don't open quick but will open once he get it going the right way if the track is moving out. Stuck in at 220 and open 5 or so and come treed at 850 yards and I could call him from where I was sitting shine a few minutes and got him moving to another branch and he didn't show a eye. So Itook my time to shot him out and let him have it tell he stop chewing on it and let him walk out behind me back to the truck and never walk ahead of me. I think he no he is back home cause a possum was right off the side of the road I was walking down and just walk right under my boots and I didn't have a leash on him.

I can't wait to get him in hunting shape we will do some big boy hunting next week.

Old Post 12-08-2015 03:38 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

GLASS and ANN

Glass and Ann getting the job done. Congrats on that win Sleepy!

Old Post 12-08-2015 08:05 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann/Glass

Thanks Steve. Have a safe trip.

Took Ann/ Glass to the woods last night . cut them out at the same time Ann struck pertty quick and went right . Glass came back out cross the power line and I went back to the truck and put my boots on. Took my bike off and put my 22 on the front of the bike. By then Glass treed first and I waited since he haven't been hunted I wasn't sure if he was there to stay. By tnutsAnn treed so I went to her first to see how much pressure he would take she had a coon so I left it and cut her back out. She struck another track while I was going to glass and she treed about 80 yards from him. So I went to her and she had another coon. Glass never left the tree so I didn't want to put any more pressure on him so I didn't put it down. Cut her off the tree and I went to glass and found his coon by the time I hook him Ann came in to the tree so I handle her and put a few stripes on her and off she went and got struck in and once she got about 150 yards away she come treed. So now glass is going nuts and I put the coon down to him. It was two coons on top of each other. So I drop bouth out. Left him hook and walk to Ann. I shine the tree awhile and found him sitting out on a limb and so I was going to put it out to her. Once I shot and hit one he didn't fall right out and one jump out right in front of Ann while she was lock down on that coon the other one fell out kicking. So all together we had a good night didn't have to pack them out to far since my bike was in between them and I put them on the leash and the follow the bike back to the truck without a pull.

Redstick blues

Old Post 12-09-2015 03:34 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Glass

Took Glass out with a male dog that is a very good one. First drop glass surprise me and open first. Pertty good track and then the walker dog struck and went towards the river ahead of glass . The walker dog treed first and glass right behind him. So we drove close to them and walk in. That walker dog sound like he was drowning glass out but glass was split 110 yards apart. Bouth dogs had their one tree with a coon over the walker and two coons over glass. We put them out. Recut them and the walker dog went hunting and struck in and glass didn't won't to go out and tryed to hang around. Walker dog was working a good track but glass was deaf to him. The walker dog got treed and I gave glass a lil get right and off he went. Walk in to the walker dog and he was slick. Put him back out and nothing. Pick him up and went found glass treed deep along the river with a coon. We walk 800 yards to him so we didn't put it out walk back to the truck. And called it a night. Since I have to get on the road at 3 a.m.

Old Post 12-10-2015 11:12 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 12-14-2015 07:56 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann wins again
$kc hunt tonight Ann wins with a coon split from 3 walkers dogs that was split treed direct across the creek from her. No coon found for them two coons for Ann.

Old Post 12-19-2015 05:46 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 12-22-2015 06:22 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

How many more before Gr nt? Good job Ann!!

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 12-23-2015 04:26 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Ed

Old Post 12-23-2015 05:06 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Dennis she needs two. Right now I've been trying to catch up with perry Ross. And hunt a Lil more $kc hunt.

Thanks Ed. Thanks and merry Christmas to all and happy new year.

Old Post 12-23-2015 08:39 PM
Perry Ross
UKC Forum Member

Catch up

Sleepy you and Ann won't have no trouble catching us. We got what we want. A truck ticket. We gonna just hit a few along to stay up in the breed. Good luck with that little sow. She is a good one.

NiteCh RTO' Blue Dealer
GRNITECH PKC Gold Ch RTO' TREE SLAMIN SALLY
Ms. State bluetick pkc leader and top sixteen state pkc 2010 made 2010 quarter finals pkc world only blue dog that made the quarter finals. 2010 bluetick breed Ch. Has a truck ticket for 2011
PKC PCH Full Throttle Jiggs 2011 Super Stake Sire and Performance Sire

Old Post 12-24-2015 12:18 AM
Perry Ross is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Perry Ross Click here to Send Perry Ross a Private Message Click Here to Email Perry Ross Visit Perry Ross's homepage! Find more posts by Perry Ross Add Perry Ross to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas Sleepy to you and your Family! Have a GREAT ONE!!!

Old Post 12-24-2015 02:08 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Years, Sleepy from the Gayle family.

Old Post 12-24-2015 03:14 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas

Sleepy and the best to you and yours in the New Year

Old Post 12-24-2015 03:51 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote